Visual Novels Translation Status [12/14/2014]

JAST USA Forums • View topic - Official Post about Starless ~ Nymphomaniacs' Paradise

JastUSA will censor a few elements in Starless, they'll also change the name slightly to reflect this, from "Starless ~ 21st Century Nymphomaniacs" to "Starless ~ Nymphoniacs' Paradise.".

And this is what will be cut.

- CGs related to scatology (usually 2-3 images in a series at the end of a sex scene, occasionally a bit more)

- CGs related to beastiality

- CGs related to cutting a certain body part with a guillotine that should not be cut

That sounds awesome. I think the game is after the changes at the same level of kinkyness as Discipline, which means perfect.

JAST USA Forums • View topic - Official Post about Starless ~ Nymphomaniacs' Paradise

JastUSA will censor a few elements in Starless, they'll also change the name slightly to reflect this, from "Starless ~ 21st Century Nymphomaniacs" to "Starless ~ Nymphoniacs' Paradise.".

And this is what will be cut.

- CGs related to scatology (usually 2-3 images in a series at the end of a sex scene, occasionally a bit more)

- CGs related to beastiality

- CGs related to cutting a certain body part with a guillotine that should not be cut

I can say with all honesty I have absolutely no problem with that stuff being cut out. Course the level of femdom in those games goes a bit beyond what I'd like but the above stuff is for sure not for me.

I'm tempted to pledge for the trilogy, but have concerns about if plot related stuff will be watered-down due to it being the vita version - I don't care about the h-scenes tbh - any decent story can stand on its own legs without them, but scenerios such as angelic howl should be left as is, regardless of the mature nature.

I am fairly confident it is just the fap material getting cut - which is fine - but still, ya never know sometimes what can hit the chopping block~

Anyone know for certain?

EDIT: Nevermind, found my answers. =/ It does seem like jp vita version cut out large parts of Angelic Howl - so I would imagine it would be a trend for other "mature" settings throughout the triology.

I'm still going to pledge, based on the naive "maybe" that SP will actually be able to provide vouchers or credit for the +18 edition (if it happens)

Just heads up for any few that didn't know though - it does cut more then just sex, from what i've heard.

Edited by Some guy
I'm tempted to pledge for the trilogy, but have concerns about if plot related stuff will be watered-down due to it being the vita version - I don't care about the h-scenes tbh - any decent story can stand on its own legs without them, but scenerios such as angelic howl should be left as is, regardless of the mature nature.

I am fairly confident it is just the fap material getting cut - which is fine - but still, ya never know sometimes what can hit the chopping block~

Anyone know for certain?

EDIT: Nevermind, found my answers. =/ It does seem like jp vita version cut out large parts of Angelic Howl - so I would imagine it would be a trend for other "mature" settings throughout the triology.

I'm still going to pledge, based on the naive "maybe" that SP will actually be able to provide vouchers or credit for the +18 edition (if it happens)

Just heads up for any few that didn't know though - it does cut more then just sex, from what i've heard.

I pledged as well, but is there any word that we can choose to have the full material or the half ass one they're giving out from the vita?

^

I don't know what you mean by "full material". There are/will be 2 versions of the trilogy - 1. The version currently being funded on KS = Vita version which will get ported back to PC (with the aforementioned bullshit) 2. There will (probably) be a 2nd KS project with the original 18+ PC versions of the trilogy. Only thing they mentioned was that there may be some sort of discount on the 18+ version for the people who helped fund this current KS project. If you only want the 18+ version, I suggest you wait a bit more for some 18+ project info to come up just to see if you should "un-pledge" the current project and fund the new one. Who knows if the discount will be worth it and you may need to fund thing twice for the 18+ copies. Doubt they'll let you choose.

Edited by killerinsidee
There will (probably) be a 2nd KS project with the original 18+ PC versions of the trilogy. Only thing they mentioned was that there may be some sort of discount on the 18+ version for the people who helped fund this current KS project. If you only want the 18+ version, I suggest you wait a bit more for some 18+ project info to come up just to see if you should "un-pledge" the current project and fund the new one. Who knows if the discount will be worth it and you may need to fund thing twice for the 18+ copies. Doubt they'll let you choose.

And this is based on the rumors from 4chan?

^

I don't know what you mean by "full material". There are/will be 2 versions of the trilogy - 1. The version currently being funded on KS = Vita version which will get ported back to PC (with the aforementioned bullshit) 2. There will (probably) be a 2nd KS project with the original 18+ PC versions of the trilogy. Only thing they mentioned was that there may be some sort of discount on the 18+ version for the people who helped fund this current KS project. If you only want the 18+ version, I suggest you wait a bit more for some 18+ project info to come up just to see if you should "un-pledge" the current project and fund the new one. Who knows if the discount will be worth it and you may need to fund thing twice for the 18+ copies. Doubt they'll let you choose.

A 2nd KS for 18+ seems really unlikely.

And this is based on the rumors from 4chan?

Not really. It's based on the fact that a 160k goal for the whole trilogy (4 VNs with Michiru@200k funded) is really low. I don't see why they wouldn't put it up to at least 200k for starters. It seems too good to be true for them to be so kind and give out the whole thing so cheap. They have been also emphasizing the product separation for whatever reason. Another thing to consider is that VN companies love to resell the same games over and over with some minor additions. I could be totally wrong and they could just release the 18+ version via that Denpasoft company without any additional funding, but in my opinion, it does kind of seem like they're planning something. I think it's too early to call Frontwing a BFF.

Edit: I forgot to mention that Doddler said something about the uncensored version on twitter. That could possibly warrant the 2nd KS project, like decensoring costs. *shrugs*

Edit2: JAST is doing the steam thing http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=357426334 / http://jastusa.tumblr.com/post/105505847830/our-first-title-on-steam.

Edited by killerinsidee

There are no decensoring costs, though, these games are created uncensored from the start. The additional costs would be trivial. It was going to be 160k for the trilogy from the very start and that goal never went up when SP announced that peeps would get the 18+ version. Speculating is one thing, but saying it's probably going to happen in the absence of any concrete information or even any vague hints is kind of nuts, you're just being extremely pessimistic in the absence of additional information. And the information they're giving isn't concrete because they've been burned on this exact issue by making statements based on assumptions, so they're probably done with that.

Nah, it's unofficial "maybes" and "we'll see what happens" straight from Koesti at the SP updates page.

https://forums.sekaiproject.com/groups/Translators

There are no maybes in here about a second kickstarter project. The prospect is never brought up once, or even hinted at.

Edited by Decay

^

I am in extremely pessimistic and you can also add cynical, sure. However, I don't really feel the need to defend my own opinion on this whole thing. I can call you overly optimistic or naive, but that won't change anything, will it?

Also, the amazing fact "these games are created uncensored from the start" is not really the issue, sometimes removing the shit and/or making adjustments is. You can ask Doddler about Imopara if you like.

There are no maybes in here about a second kickstarter project. The prospect is never brought up once, or even hinted at.

You never heard me say anything about a second Kickstarter, did you? All I referred was that they hinted at a seperate +18 launch.

Edit: Where/how is being purposely left in the dark, but they did slip-up saying it would "likely" happen.

We're just not able to do this. The M-rated Kickstarter game has to be separate from any adult-only version. We can't take pledges for the 18+ games. This is the basic nature of Front Wing and Sekai Project's current agreement.

I can informally say I'm confident 18+ will happen (if the campaign succeeds) and KS backers will get large discounts or vouchers. But I don't have exact details yet. -Koesti, posted 3 days ago.

Re: those interested in the 18+ versions - the party who will be handling these releases is committing to offer a discount in some form to backers of the KS. We can't offer any further details right now. Something official will hopefully be coming during the campaign itself, pending approval from everyone involved. -Koesti, posted 4 days ago.

The 18+ release details are not settled yet, but I will provide more information as soon as possible. I can say that these releases will be published by a "third party" rather than directly by Sekai Project. -Koesti, posted December 8th.

https://forums.sekaiproject.com/groups/Translators

Edited by Some guy
In other words, they'll probably try to sell the 18+ version in MangaGamer or something like that.

I would seriously be surprised by something like that tbh lol - MG isnt really known for investing in the more expensive licences, with the odd exception. (plus they generally take forever, I might as well expect it to come out at the same time as Tskuhime remake :p so I'm hoping they are not the 3rd party in question.)

EDIT:Then again, I only know of two as possible outlets, so it really could be MG, or else Jast~ Unless there are others that I don't know of, or if it will be handled by some private/independent group as a reseller.

Edited by Some guy