Visual Novels Translation Status [02/01/2015]

They're typically as long as a medium length VN's common route + heroine route. Basically, they're as long as one complete story in a typical VN. Thinking about it like that, it's not so bad. Saya no Uta is easily one of the best VNs translated to english so that's a good place to start.

Funny of you to mention Saya no Uta, i actually just started reading it heh. I'm really impressed so far tbh. I figured with them coming out with the second one at some point it's a good chance to try as any.

I can't remember if you've mentioned it at some point or not on the forum, but if you've read and loved Higurashi and/or Umineko, then seriously go check out Higanbana sometime. It is short, but you'd be surprised by how much the story and atmosphere in it grabs you. I expected something good out of it myself since I really like Ryukishi's style, but it was actually quite a lot better than expected... only finished the first part though.

Hrm, I never did get around to trying Umineko - I started at one point, but work ate up too much time to really absorb it. First time hearing about Higanbana though, I'll have to add it to my vndb wishlist.

Uncensored Version of Sunrider Academy Beta Now on Sale at Denpasoft | Sunrider

Just for any not keeping track - if you're not a fan of Prefundia (cuase i'm not :p) - they put the uncensored version back for sale over at Denpasoft. Keep in mind it's a "beta" VN... which i don't think is the best or smartest method to deliver a VN in...but oh well~

Still, figure I'd point you to an alt. method for any interested.

Was poking around on the internet for translation of games I wanted and found a VN thats not on this list, its on a not-english site but the translation is for english so I figured I should share it

[Choukou Sennin Haruka] Translation Project - KPPA KAORI

Also to contribute more, I hope the Fun Comedy VNs like Majikoi start getting translated more, the Darker ones are okay once in a while but when its all thats getting done it gets old super fast

Was poking around on the internet for translation of games I wanted and found a VN thats not on this list, its on a not-english site but the translation is for english so I figured I should share it

[Choukou Sennin Haruka] Translation Project - KPPA KAORI

Also to contribute more, I hope the Fun Comedy VNs like Majikoi start getting translated more, the Darker ones are okay once in a while but when its all thats getting done it gets old super fast

I believe that specific project was brought up long ago but wasn't added because of potential quality issues. Also, not sure, but it looks like they closed the forum a bit after you posted that..

Was looking around again and found Princess Maker 5 is definitely alive, its in the TL wiki talk page currently rather than the front page, The Translator and Editor talk about progress and such there and the last post was on the 29th of January, this year

http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Talk:Princess_Maker_5

The front page hasn't been updated in over a year, so I'll just leave it off. Doesn't take long for someone to re-add it anyway once it officially gets updates.