EROGE or VN's you want Translated

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want the eushully games translated alongside any other rpg or strategy games that are out. I admit I like the regular story ones but actual gameplay is always a plus.

Strategy ones are pretty rare. Only Kamidori from Eushully got translated so far, but I'm surprised how fast Seiha did it tbh.

Subarashiki Hibi ~Furenzoku Sonzai~

Grisaia no Kajitsu

Grisaia no Meikyuu

Kourin no Machi, Lavender no Shoujo

Coμ - Kuroi Ryuu to Yasashii Oukoku -

Tasogare no Sinsemilla

AQUA

Arghhhh there to much who are untranslated >.

Subarashiki Hibi ~Furenzoku Sonzai~

Grisaia no Kajitsu

Grisaia no Meikyuu

Kourin no Machi, Lavender no Shoujo

Coμ - Kuroi Ryuu to Yasashii Oukoku -

Tasogare no Sinsemilla

AQUA

Arghhhh there to much who are untranslated >.

Nice list, I'd really like all of those as well ;p

Hello to all.

I'd like to present you a web site there our group, known as SakuraSoftFan ported to Javascript/AJAX platform and published online some old classic Visual Novels, released in 90's by JAST. Please welcome to Visual Novel (WML) . Unfortunately, two games were never translated into English. It's "Eden no Kaori" and "Tenshitachi no Gogo ~Tenkousei~". We'd be very obliged to everyone who could translate these games into English, so we could put them on our site.

P.S. Tenshitachi no Gogo ~Tenkousei~ says that "Tenshitachi no Gogo ~Tenkousei~" was released in USA as "Transfer Student", but that's not true. "Transfer Student" is another game - "Monmon Gakuen ~Tenkousei~", which has the same images, but absolutely different plot.

P.P.S We already have got the script editor for other JAST games: "Three Sisters' Story", "Runaway City" and "Season of the Sakura". We can modify it a little, so it may be used to translate "Eden no Kaori" and "Tenshitachi no Gogo ~Tenkousei~". So if somebody take this project, we'll send him the required software.

Edited by Zelgadiss

I'd love for more horror VNs to be translated. Just... more HORROR. I love horror VNs.

I'd also love to see Shiei no Sona-Nyl -What a beautiful memories- and Hikari no Valusia ~What a Beautiful Hopes~ translated. Heck, just the REST of the What A Beautiful games. What can I say, I love Liar-Soft games and this series. Though, given Amaterasu having translated two of the series and 3 L-S games, I think this might be higher than any of my horror games.

I wish it had the VN "Gakuen Hetalia" translated. And more VNs/Eroges of the series "Da Capo" too.....

And I wish it had games of the series "Gakuen Heaven" translated;-; (I know it's yaoi, but I really want to play T-T)

(Well Sorry my bad english)

MG has already announced DCIII so you won't have to wait long for that.

They just said that it will get an English localization, not when. The game is not even out in Japan right now, so it's gonna be a while till they translate it. Around 1-2 years I would say or if they rush it like Edelweiss, then it will be out faster with crapfest translation.

Edited by killerinsidee
They just said that it will get an English localization, not when. The game is not even out in Japan right now, so it's gonna be a while till they translate it. Around 1-2 years I would say or if they rush it like Edelweiss, then it will be out faster with crapfest translation.

True, very true.

They have been getting faster and better (in comparison to their first 4 games, they are SO much better), so perhaps it won't take too terribly long. For all I know they're translating what has already been programmed. Not likely, but hey, it's a dream. We could see simultaneous release, but again, wishful thinking. At least we know it's been licensed though, it's just a waiting game now.

Does it take 1-2 years for a professional company to translate a medium-length game? What, are they translating 25 lines a day?

Does it take 1-2 years for a professional company to translate a medium-length game? What, are they translating 25 lines a day?

If it didn't, we would have craploads of VNs coming out left and right. Licensing and some other issues are there also, but it still takes them very long to put VNs out.

Example: If you give Mangagamer Rewrite to translate, they would probably release it in 2 years or so. While Amaterasu will finish it in less then a year.

Jast is even worse, they take already finished fan translations and it still takes them ages to release it.

Edited by killerinsidee
If it didn't, we would have craploads of VNs coming out left and right. Licensing and some other issues are there also, but it still takes them very long to put VNs out.

Example: If you give Mangagamer Rewrite to translate, they would probably release it in 2 years or so. While Amaterasu will finish it in less then a year.

Jast is even worse, they take already finished fan translations and it still takes them ages to release it.

If they really "needed" 1.5 years to finish a quality translation for a 15,000 line game, it should take 10 years for a quality translation of a monster like Clannad(102,000 lines). The sad part is, even though Clannad is officially "unfinished", it's still more finished than most anything I've seen officially released, and the actual translation took 1 year, 1 month, and 7 days -.-. Sorry for being so confrontational, it's just something I feel strongly about >.>

Don't even get me started on gods of the translation world like Amaterasu. 12,000 line game in 2 months...insanity.

Just goes to show the difference it makes when your translation team actually likes visual novels.

edit: Oh, you agree with me. How did I quote you agreeing with me without realizing you agreed with me? I'm an idiot :p

Amaterasu is god like. They finished translating Muv Luv Alternative in 6 months and released a complete patch a few months after that... and Muv Luv Alternative is LONG. Also rewrite is about 15% translated and they just started that this month.

I don't know how Amaterasu does it. 8|

THEY ARE GODLY.

I am certain that a lot of the translators at MG and Jast do like visual novels, but many translators can be easily hired for ANY job freelance wise. I am sure that, especially with Jast purchasing finished or complete translations, some of the on board translators they get are freelance ones who just need a job. And, speaking from experience, when you work freelance with ANYTHING many times you either take on a lot at once or you work extremely quickly, making yourself either slow or sloppy accordingly. It sucks. 8|

(By the way, I do support Jast buying fan translations, if only because fan translators put SO much work into what they do that it is nice to see them being compensated for it... even if the reason is either laziness or the company being unable to license a game because of a previous translation. The later has happened before and buying the translation and taking it down can be a last resort. I find it silly and annoying, but hey, if translators are getting paid who am I to rain on their parade? They're still translating on their own, just making some quick cash on the side, and money is hard to come by these days. But I don't translate so who am I to judge? I just know that if I wrote a book online and a company came with an upfront offer to publish it with royalties I would jump on that.)

Edited by Bane Doyle
If they really "needed" 1.5 years to finish a quality translation for a 15,000 line game, it should take 10 years for a quality translation of a monster like Clannad(102,000 lines). The sad part is, even though Clannad is officially "unfinished", it's still more finished than most anything I've seen officially released, and the actual translation took 1 year, 1 month, and 7 days -.-. Sorry for being so confrontational, it's just something I feel strongly about >.>

Don't even get me started on gods of the translation world like Amaterasu. 12,000 line game in 2 months...insanity.

Just goes to show the difference it makes when your translation team actually likes visual novels.

edit: Oh, you agree with me. How did I quote you agreeing with me without realizing you agreed with me? I'm an idiot :p

I don't have any insight on how Mangagamer handles translation for the VNs they license, but a good example of how inaccurate and slow they are is Edelweiss. I'm not sure how long it took them to translate it for the time they acquired the license for it, but the v1 translation was pretty bad. It took them nearly 1 year to release a v2 to fix the translation. I may be nitpicking here, but generally there should be more quality and swifter work from a "professional" company.

edit: imagine what would happen if Amaterasu started to get paid for translating...pure insanity.

I don't know how Amaterasu does it. 8|

THEY ARE GODLY.

I am certain that a lot of the translators at MG and Jast do like visual novels, but many translators can be easily hired for ANY job freelance wise. I am sure that, especially with Jast purchasing finished or complete translations, some of the on board translators they get are freelance ones who just need a job. And, speaking from experience, when you work freelance with ANYTHING many times you either take on a lot at once or you work extremely quickly, making yourself either slow or sloppy accordingly. It sucks. 8|

(By the way, I do support Jast buying fan translations, if only because fan translators put SO much work into what they do that it is nice to see them being compensated for it... even if the reason is either laziness or the company being unable to license a game because of a previous translation. The later has happened before and buying the translation and taking it down can be a last resort. I find it silly and annoying, but hey, if translators are getting paid who am I to rain on their parade? They're still translating on their own, just making some quick cash on the side, and money is hard to come by these days. But I don't translate so who am I to judge? I just know that if I wrote a book online and a company came with an upfront offer to publish it with royalties I would jump on that.)

I completely agree about translation groups getting payed, by all means. They put a lot of time and effort at no charge.

Edited by killerinsidee