Visual Novels Translation Status [03/01/2015]

Actually, my bad on Supreme Candy, the translation progress listed here is for the old project. The Fuwanovel project is starting from scratch and is only about 1000 lines in.

I was just pointing out that it was in fact inconsistent and doesn't make any real sense to exclude majikoi but include others, there doesn't seem to be any real basis for that. It's a really weird thing to do. Either unlist all fuwanovel projects or list all fuwanovel projects. Most of the listed fuwanovel translations are actually much less likely to release than Majikoi. Also, if likelihood of release is the main factor, I think even unlikely projects should be listed. As long as there is some activity surrounding the project, then giving the people this information does no harm.

Decay is right in that proven projects from fuwa should be posted, but the thing is that anyone can post a thread on fuwanovel's forum so we are unsure of their commitment. (A good sign is when they make their own website for it)

When the guys at fuwa started Majikoi, no knew if they were really committed or not, so they didn't include it on the list. Now that they've proven their commitment, logically they should be added to this list.

Hyromaru or the place where he gets the list (I think it's 4chan, not too sure) didn't keep track of the Majikoi fuwa forums for progress, and no one else brought it up, so it ended up being ignored until now.

It probably went like this,

1. People notice Majikoi tl on fuwa, but are uncertain about their commitment so it is not included on the list

2. Majikoi tl shows commitment and should theoretically be added

3. People making the lists are not following the fuwa forums, can't see commitment

Basically, they know it exists, but because it exists and is not a new translation, they don't go back and look at it.

4. Fuwa projects like these gets put into a weirdly invisible position

Edited by Whitetragedy

So it seems like JAST is making a semi-serious attempt at attaining the Majikoi license. Peter Payne posted on VNDB asking for contact details for the fan translators, and has even admitted on Twitter at this point that he's looking into it. He also very recently talked about having business meetings in MinatoSoft's home city. I don't know what this means for the fan project but I am almost certain it will be released as planned. My guess is that if they do license it, they'll do the Sekai Project thing and polish up the first game's script and then try to make all of their money on the sequels. They probably don't care that a complete patch will be released soon or may even prefer it if they think it will raise awareness and increase profitability of the sequels.

Also this is something that isn't reflected in the progress (and probably won't be for the next update either) but the LovelyxCation translator is saying that's 10% translated. Kind of slow progress but it's getting there. I had kinda written that one off for a while, but it seems like it's not actually dead.

Seiha Translations - View topic - Remaining Work/Report Thread

So it's already certain that he'll work on Bunny Black 2 & 3 as well. That's nice.

Bunny Black 2 and 3 are the main reason he's doing this, he kind of dislikes the first game, but apparently enjoyed the sequels.