Looking for recommendations.

Before I begin, I need to preface something. If any of this comes off as a demand, I apologize, as its not my intention. You don't owe me anything, and I'm grateful for any assistance you're willing to give me.

I'm looking for recommendations for VNs.

The only absolute requirement that I need is for the game to be translated(although I suppose that a 90% or so translation is ok as long as there's a good walkthrough.

Sexual content isn't a requirement(although preferred.)

Here's some thing that I know that I like. Feel free to recommend things that have none of these features, just please, tell me a little bit about whatever you recommend. Bonus points if you'll link to a review.

Combat. (especially if it's interactive.)

Both Protagonists and girls with sexual experience(Bonus points on this one! :D )

Sci-fi and fantasy settings. Especially medieval(which I haven't played any of it.)

Nukige.(Such as Let me Nurse You, and Eroge!)

Characters with 3 dimensional personalities.

Completely consensual sex.

Non-passive protagonists, and non passive girls.(Please tell me that I haven't already played the only game with them.)

Great art.

At least somewhat animated sex scenes(like in Neko Para. Again though, these are not requirements.)

Confident girls, and a confident protagonists. (Especially during scenes)

Kind, funny, and interesting protagonists (The perfect combination.)

Kind, funny, and interesting girls. (Again, the perfect combination.)

Grind free gameplay.(again not a requirement. Kamadori Alchemy Meister For the freakin win! It's my favorite strategy)

Oh, and as for specific types of games that I'd like to play(These are not the only things that I'm looking for, just to be clear.)

Games similar to the Sword Art Online/ .hack

Sword and/or Sorcery at a school setting(aka the type of anime that immediately gets my attention.)

Post Apocalyptic(The magic words that make it very hard for me to resist.)

Finally, here's what I've played and enjoyed(that I can remember.)

Eroge!

Let me Nurse You!

Catarga: ....(curruption of the Soul or something like that. Tied with Kamidori as my fave.)

Kamadori Alchemy Meister

Cannonball(although I quit early on, looking for one good walkthrough that covers how to win all races, and get all sex scenes. Something tells me that it'll end up as my fave!)

Currently going through Ayakashibito(to say that it's great would be an understatement.)

And yes, as a matter of fact I do need to expand my horizons, how did you know?

Again, thank you for any recommendations.

Edited by MorteTorment

Utawarerumono and Girlish Grimoire Littlewitch Romanesque have both gameplay, great art and nice characters. They are both medieval/past-tinged fantasy (japanese the former and european the latter) and both have sexual contents, without rape and such. Another fitting game would be Monster Girl Quest, with a few drawbacks -bad art and the reverse-rape/torture when you lose- but looks a lot like a game you might like.

If you can bear comedy rape and a rapist MC that isn't kind, funny -though a lot of people find him funny- or interesting then there's also Sengoku Rance that has both great art and gameplay and a fantasy medieval Japan -warring state period- setting.

Changing completely genre, there's Kikokugai that features great characters, fights, a very cool cyberpunk setting and great atmospheres. It's very dark. There are two version avaiable: the original one has graphic sexual contents while the newer is almost ten years younger and features completely redone graphics, voices and doesen't graphically show sexual contents. For the first experience I'd suggest the original.

Furthermore, if Cartagra is one of your favourites you should really get your hands on Kara no Shoujo since Cartagra has ties with it. Kara no Shoujo has pretty much all of Cartagra qualities -but better- and shares none of the defects. That said, Cartagra is easy-going to some extent while Kara no Shoujo is not and that might not be a positive thing for some people.

Also, long story short, Muv-Luv Alternative, Steins;Gate and Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO.

There are also things I won't say about one or more of these titles because of spoilers, but yeah, there's more.

Edited by Uzuki Sepia

First of all, thanks Uzuki, didn't expect to get a reply this quickly.

Ok, let's see.

Utawarerumono sounds like both a promising game and anime, so double bonus points for you there :D Triple bonus points if you can confirm that it has non virgin heroines.(VNDB doesn't list tell me either way.)

Girlish Grimoire Littlewitch Romanesque...um...maybe? I can't tell what type of gameplay it has.

Monster Girl Quest, yeah, I played this. I have a love/hate relationship with this. On one hand I can find myself playing it for 5 hours having a blast beating the everloving crap out of rapists in a turn based battle system, and then I won't have a desire to touch the game for 2 months. Maybe I'll beat the first game by the end of 2016. Oh, and I want to stress this. I love the idea behind this game, please, recommend more like it! Hopefully something like it will click with me more.

Ah the Rance series, I played the original, and I think you nailed it pretty well. It's not funny, and the fact that it's meant to be funny makes me hate it even more. That said, I do enjoy what I played of...I think it's called Jewel Dust Crusaders, so by all means, recommend more games with its type of humor.

Ah Kikokugai. If one of my best friends hadn't described the entire experience, I probably would have played you. On a related note, I had to force myself to finish it because it was so disturbing, but I liked most of what I played of...I think it's called Deus Machine Demonbane. It's something that I actually described to my girlfriend, who has a love for the strange, and even she was freaked out over it. That said, when I can gather the strength to play something like it again, I definately want to play something like it again.

Kara no Shoujo, this one gets you quadruple bonus points. More Catarga, hell freaking yeaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Muv-Luv Alternative, Steins;Gate and Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO. They all seem ok. Might check em out.

Alright thanks. Looking forward to more.

Oh, and please, keep suggesting people. Remember, don't be afraid to suggest anything at all.

For Utawarerumono I'd like for someone else to confirm if

Karura is a virgin or not

, since it has been a few years for me and I don't really remember but I can tell you that

the protagonist, Hakuoro, has sexual experience.

About Romanesque, you can see the gameplay for example at 18:00, point being getting the best combination of spells in order to make more points... to get more spells required for the quests you have to go through to reach all the endings

A lighthearted one, it's mainly a comedy/slice of life and imo is very nice. I'm sorry to hear that about MGQ and Kikokugai, but if it's any consolation I can tell you I found the second game of MGQ to be a lot better than the first (that truthfully wasn't as bad as I expected).

Ah, if you liked Demonbane there are two short games from the same author that have a translation, Guilty Crown Lost Christmas and Dra-Koi. Lost Christmas is a youtube translation though, here's the first

I, for one, liked enough Demonbane, liked Lost Christmas even more (I really disliked the anime, but the vn does what the anime tried and failed to do) and disliked Dra-Koi despite it having a nice idea behind it.