Visual Novels Translation Status [03/22/2015]

That's what the skip button is there for. :) It shouldn't take more than a few minutes to get back to where you were.

Hidden progress updates: Aokana's common route is almost complete, they won't officially update their progress outside of major milestones, it seems.

out of curiosity, whats wrong with v1? :p

typos and minor grammar issues. As for the decensor, I got a better drawing tablet, so.. :p

were all H-scenes uncensored by the patch??? or not all of them (is that why you're going to do an update?)???

I decensored all images. Even the bath ones XD. The decensor update is merely cosmetic.

Edit: Here's a sample of majikoi S decensoring in progress (if you ask nicely I'll share my winamp skin :p )

WARNING, NSFW

http://puu.sh/gwV7J/b8c4a0383b.jpg

Edited by Helvetica Standard

I decensored all images. Even the bath ones XD. The decensor update is merely cosmetic.

oh... nice...

winamp skin

PLEASE SHARE IT

http://i.imgur.com/my3UOSd.jpg

[spoiler=another way of asking a favor] http://i.imgur.com/6lILA5Y.jpg

Edited by VNHunter
*You mean Yandere, right? and yeah, you don't normally meddle with another person's tranlsation without permission, right? Team

yandere has been unreachable for a while, so their part of the translation is not something we could change without permission.

*Check your own grammar before accusing people of bad QC.

*Yes, bolded that for you. It is an ungrateful attitude and this kind of behaviour is what turns off any new translation projects. Translating things for free so we get a bunch of ungrateful banter is not worth it.

*Maybe you should start your own TL project and see how easy it is.

General note for the grateful people: We are working on v2.0 of the tl patch, with fixes and updated decensor. ;)

I meant Yandere of course, yes. I apologise for the mix-up.

That being said ...

I know my own grammar isn't perfect, but since I'm not a native english speaker I think it's ok to apply double standards here.

Actually I was part of a translation project. We translated/subbed Canaan and Ergo Proxy a couple years ago.

It may be on a different scale when it comes to line count, but episodic releases come with their own set of difficulties.

And I do know how much work goes into the little things most people don't think about.

So making it sound like I was disrespecting translators in general or trying to dishearten others is far from the thruth.

But what I've also learned during that time is that with tl projects of any sort there's a lot of ego involved.

And MEPs/MTPs are the worst case scenario.

I've seen subbers and vn translators who took over dropped projects include the earliest and most unrefined scripts of the original tl group they could find just to demonstrate their difference in skill.

Other translators told me -directly- they weren't willing to touch up another tl crews work because after completion

the majority would probably still associate the patch with the original translator and therefore the total extent of their work would go unrecognized.

The translators dropped the project and went completely dark. Which means they don't care anymore, it's that simple.

So adressing a few grammar issues and typos without changing the translation itself is perfectly acceptable and has nothing to do with disrespecting the original translator and their work.

Not touching someone elses work out of respect while at the same time setting yourself and the quality of your work apart from your predecessors ... very convenient and one of the oldest tricks in the book.

I know nothing about you or the people involved, but I didn't make up any of this either.

So maybe what you said is how you truly feel about the matter, but it doesn't make such an overused argument any more convincing.

I wonder ... how many people would appreciate a 100% tlc'd/qc'd patch and how many would start a flame war because of too many corrected typos ?

-------------------------------

If you're not translating VNs for money, praise or online fame ... if it truly is your selfless contribution to the fandom,

then why is it that over the past few years translators reactions to anything and anyone not praising them to the skies have become so overly hostile.

Every bit of critique or suggestions reg small changes are immediately shot down and labeled as the ungrounded flaming of ungrateful leechers.

Whenever I browse through the comment section of an active tl project, the worst and most insulting comments come from the translators themselves ...

What's wrong lately?

Get your egos under control and stop the immediate whining about everyone being so ungrateful.

It's cliched, annoying and in most cases simply not true ...

Or accept you just got trolled and get over it^^

Don't worry about the hate, NaAaF, I think people tend to overreact to any amount of criticism at all. I get where you're coming from, and I agree that there should be no reason to stay away from fixing another translator's work. Especially from a group who will never return to the scene, like Yandere. I don't really buy the "wouldn't meddle with another group's work" thing. I mean, on Fuwanovel there is someone trying to TLC and edit the Koitate translation and nobody has raised any issues with that. And it's basically the same as what Pablo is trying to do with the busted Konosora translation.

The main problem is one of time. Yandere's translation was deemed by the team as "good enough." It has its flaws, for sure, but people have been enjoying it for years now, and they are mainly interested in finishing what's left. If they took the time to overhaul Yandere's work, it would take even longer to release the patch and a lot of people wouldn't even care since they've already read that stuff. High amount of effort for a low amount of reward, when they'd rather just move on to the sequel.

Good news with Majikoi S is that Wairu's scripts are of a generally higher quality than Yandere's. So there should be no issue there.

lol, looks like the project leader disagrees with me on wairu's translation, they're going to do some QA on their work, it seems. Well, whatever, it will make for a better final patch, I look forward to the results.

Heeey! XD

Winamp is the best music player there is!

so, where's the link??? the skin

I honestly didn't know what WinAmp was and had to Google it...

seriously??? LOL

RIP winamp, you were the best back then when XP was still new... XD

holy cow, how old were you guys when winamp was the rage???

anyway,,cheers ivan

i'm a winamp fan too though i use wmp more nowadays

anyway back to majikoi,

good job HS for striving to the end since i dont want Majikoi to be left out as the Holy grail

since it was the best VN of all time ( arguable for different genre and stuff but yeah Majikoi is the best)

i'll read it again this weekend just to mark the happy ending of majikoi turbulence and for the start of trilogy¬

translation wise, YT didnt did too much mistakes

and i dont even noticed it when i read it first time around

so retards will complain and complain yet did nothing to help so FUCK OFF!!!

kids like you can stay away from grumbling in the forum and rot in your condom

Just because OLD MAN ULTIMECEA been away for a while due to some personal problems

FAGGOTS like you all been freaking annoying

just keep your trap shut or i'll shush you silent

and HS!!

you should give and example of mayucchi!!!

she's the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK OFF!!!

kids like you can stay away from grumbling in the forum and rot in your condom

Just because OLD MAN ULTIMECEA been away for a while due to some personal problems

FAGGOTS like you all been freaking annoying

just keep your trap shut or i'll shush you silent

calm down ultime...

and oh... I've been away when comyu (Coμ) got completely translated...

found the latest patch from amaterasu...

"Final patch for Comyu, including all typo fixes since the complete patch plus OP and ED translations."

Comyu-p4.exe

note: if this was already posted, feel free to delete this post...

Edited by VNHunter

For those of you who have known me long enough to remember my bitching about Majikoi every single week:

FUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!