Visual Novels Translation Status [03/29/2015]

There are some announcents from MG coming now. They'll be translating Myth which popped up on Steam Greenlight recently, so that's fucking awesome. And apparently the soundtrack in it was composed by Luck Ganriki, who is one of the composers in Umineko, Higanbana & Rose Guns Days (he did Fishy Aroma, Kiri no Pithos, It's Golden Showtime, and some other great tracks). Yep, that's right. I had no idea. Another reason to be excited for Myth.

Also Higurashi Hou. All of the new chapters found in that edition of the VN will be translated. Unfortunately Hou doesn't actually have the chapters from the PS2 games, but this is still great of course.

Oh and a May 15 release date for the first chapter of Higurashi on Steam. This seems to be all the announcements made.

Edited by Harlequin
In addition the removed music from the original release of Higurashi has been re-added for the release.

Perfect. I was actually worried that it'd be the same as before... those tracks MG used as replacements weren't nearly as good as the original ones. So basically unless you hate both the original art as well as the newly made art, this version of the game should be superb.

Also double post from me? How did that even happen? I'll delete one.

There are some announcents from MG coming now. They'll be translating Myth which popped up on Steam Greenlight recently, so that's fucking awesome.

Myst is on my vndb wishlist for a long time so I'm interested in that translation for sure, although it'll translated by MG and we all know how accurate their translations are ... oh whatever, beggars can't be choosers right?

Perfect. I was actually worried that it'd be the same as before... those tracks MG used as replacements weren't nearly as good as the original ones. So basically unless you hate both the original art as well as the newly made art, this version of the game should be superb.

Wonder if some brave soul will consider creating a voice patch using Higurashi Sui's PS3/PS Vita files.

Myst is on my vndb wishlist for a long time so I'm interested in that translation for sure, although it'll translated by MG and we all know how accurate their translations are ... oh whatever, beggars can't be choosers right?

I gotta admit, they actually did a really good job translating Princess Evangile. I think better of them now then I previously had.

Edited by Some guy

Their Cartagra translation was also excellent. But of course, it all depends on who works on what. Maria, Cafe, and Koestl are solid translators who do good work. Ritobito is their best editor and produces some really good final english scripts.