probably a lost cause on starless...

So, the english version is gonna be cut. Its really hard to find really great femdom eroge as it is, and while I am aware the content they are cutting is stuff 99% of the people really don't mind not seeing, it still sucks to get an incomplete or watered down version. Is there anyone that will be working for an uncut version of the game, or is it just gonna be left to Jast?

There's probably going to be a patch to bring back that content, made by Jast themselves but not released through "official channels".

It's the same with Shiny Days. They've heavily implied that they're making the patch themselves on their forum.

There's probably going to be a patch to bring back that content, made by Jast themselves but not released through "official channels".

It's the same with Shiny Days. They've heavily implied that they're making the patch themselves on their forum.

thanks for that, thats something at least. I dunno how they said they were removing all scat/beast/dismemberment but keeping 10 endings. 10 endings is all it has and more than a couple specifically based around those. Anyway, something is better than nothing, so appreciate the response

I was wondering myself what was going to happen to Starless and moreso Shiny Days since it's a bit more technical or how to say for a fan created restoration patch so it's good to hear that Jast might be doing something about it themselves even if the game could not be released uncensored directly.

Sounds good. :)

EDIT: Has MangaGamer ever done any edits to their releases by the way?

(Besides the early games having horribly made up title translations the only thing I can remember is they lost two nearly translated titles due to the rapelay incident a few years back.)

Edited by jbeckman
I was wondering myself what was going to happen to Starless and moreso Shiny Days since it's a bit more technical or how to say for a fan created restoration patch so it's good to hear that Jast might be doing something about it themselves even if the game could not be released uncensored directly.

Sounds good. :)

EDIT: Has MangaGamer ever done any edits to their releases by the way?

(Besides the early games having horribly made up title translations the only thing I can remember is they lost two nearly translated titles due to the rapelay incident a few years back.)

For what its worth I have the game + patch. I have no complaints at this time, it seems the content is there (though I have yet to get any of the more hard core endings, I am going for the dismemberment one first I guess to see if thats there) but yeah. It sucks I guess for the the people who got the LE version, I've been a happy camper so far, was really surprised to find the patch was out before the actual game. All seems legit and looking good so far. Now if Jast hadn't screwed up with Aselia I might not be so turned off by them, I'd probably be a loyal customer from this experience. As it is this wasn't the nightmare experience I thought it would be nor how a lot of people are reacting.

Has MangaGamer ever done any edits to their releases by the way?

They edited out some tracks from first Higurashi release due to licensing issues. As for actual game "content" - they wanted to cut out loli-looking girl scene from Soul Link, but after uproar, they backed down and released game intact.

They edited out some tracks from first Higurashi release due to licensing issues. As for actual game "content" - they wanted to cut out loli-looking girl scene from Soul Link, but after uproar, they backed down and released game intact.

reminds me of a certain VN that got censored with those dolphins...

please... no more dolphins...

Ah, kinda have a nit pick after all. Is there a program someone can recommend for editing text? the amount of typos is to the point its getting obnoxious... I did a google and so much info came up from shady looking sites I have no clue what to go with. I'm using window's XP and I only want to alter the text to correct typos for this. Anyone can give me a link or tell me the proper program I can use for that? (yes, I realize I should probably ask in eroge tech support, but being a long time lurker and only recent user, making too many topics and being new makes me hesitate)

Edited by Sorreah
Hoshizoria no memoria. It was just translator's joke.

Oh that one, I remember reaching the part with those dolphins, good times.

Ah, kinda have a nit pick after all. Is there a program someone can recommend for editing text? the amount of typos is to the point its getting obnoxious... I did a google and so much info came up from shady looking sites I have no clue what to go with. I'm using window's XP and I only want to alter the text to correct typos for this. Anyone can give me a link or tell me the proper program I can use for that? (yes, I realize I should probably ask in eroge tech support, but being a long time lurker and only recent user, making too many topics and being new makes me hesitate)

I always use Notepad++ to edit text, but I think there are better programs for that kind of thing.

Most modern browsers have built-in spellchecks. At least both Opera and FireFox do.

I have a problem with the restoration patch. I ran it and during the installation it crashed. When I run it again it search the entire computer and states that the file 'Starless nyphomaniac paradise' isn't present. Is it installed or should I uninstall and reinstall the game?

its not so much that I am talking about. I mean there is like....grammar issues, mixing up the character names (seriously there is a whole point they have him calling one sister the other) and lots of issues like that. I kinda just want to open up the data and correct as much of it as I can, even if I can find a way to alter the data and correct the typos anyway

• 3 weeks later...

Shiny Days will be handled the same as Starless.

Why I endorse JAST’s censorship of Shiny Days

So...I submitted a ticket like first day regarding the typos in starless to jast. I got a response today which flat out told me "There are no typos in Starless" ......You can't even make it to the second day without finding at least 20. I think you can find a few within the first 15 minutes of playing. they said I should report any I do find to some such nonsense thing....how does one even format that? there are so many errors, how do you tell them which word in what place? There is actually an entire scene where they mix up marisa's name with marika's name and a few other where marie's name is mixed up as well.