Visual Novels Translation Status [06/28/2015]

Yeah personally I'm waiting on the 18+ version of Grisaia trilogy. Nekopara IMO wasn't anything special. It wasn't bad, just not good. Felt lukewarm to give it credit. If I wanted eroge I'd stick with MGQ or something. But overall I'm still pleased with the quality of TL for Grisaia, hoping the 18+ versions are coming soon, especially Meikyuu.

Speaking Meikyuu, Am I correct in the assumption that it will be translated by the kickstarter program? Does anyone know how much longer for Koiken otome(forgive my spelling)?

1) Yes, both maze and garden will be Tl'd, due to the successful kickstarter. (really the only reason I backed it, was for those other two. heh)

2) No news since April, so hard to say. They are far enough long that I doubt it's dropped - but it could be in QA limbo.

Finally a LB update! TLC for Saya and Kanata routes are done! It's not dead!

Even though they weren't saying anything they were still updating the docs, so we were able to see their progress.

That spreadsheet hasn't been updated in months, dude.

Anyways, there has been a good amount of news over the last couple days and there will be more to come tomorrow. JAST announced Flowers for Fall 2015 and SoniComi for late 2015, claims Seinarukana will release September, Sumaga is also still slated for this year. Aksys announced Zero Escape 3, it will be released Summer 2016. There has been a leak in the form a mistakenly uploaded OP for Root Double that has since been taken down, Sekai Project and Lemnisca are partnering to translate Root Double. And the SonoHana devs advertised that there will be a SonoHana event at the MangaGamer booth so it seems like that's going to be a partnership. The Muv-Luv translation team are proposing a lot of very ambitious stretch goals for their kickstarter, including possibly a translation for Rumbling Hearts/KimiNozo, or maybe full anime adaptations of the VNs (how is this even an option??). I don't think they really understand what they're doing. Also, Cosmillica partnered with some French company to translate their 18+ yuri game Dahlia to english and french and... that's out now, at Japan Expo in France only. A download version will come later.

Most of this is from announcements at Anime Expo. Tomorrow night Sekai Project and MangaGamer will have their panels and we'll see if the leaks/rumors are true and what else they have.

Edited by Decay

Still at ane expo , cant promise ill have internet at the panels but will try my best. Showed up at 5am for sabers autograph and prob wont get it..did get a bunch of others. Today is the last main day..7pm Western for sekai and 9pm western for mangagamer so stop by the Sb and we will see.

Still at ane expo , cant promise ill have internet at the panels but will try my best. Showed up at 5am for sabers autograph and prob wont get it..did get a bunch of others. Today is the last main day..7pm Western for sekai and 9pm western for mangagamer so stop by the Sb and we will see.

I'm expecting an awesome report of the expo when you're back Desi-chan.

I'm expecting an awesome report of the expo when you're back Desi-chan.

I'm part of the HRP dev team, also at AX this year. I can fill you guys in on the Sekai updates if you need me to. Though I think the transcript should cover most of it, haha.

Edited by Calistilaigh
I was wondering why the new thread wasn't up yet, until it hit me that Desi was busy at Expo this week.

From what I've heard he's still at the stall where you can flirt with Hanako via oculus rift. Pretty sure we won't hear anything from him for quite a while.

Edited by OneManArmy

JastUSA had a link to this on their website:

JAST USA Adds SoniComi, Flowers PC Games - News - Anime News Network

JAST USA announced at its panel at Anime Expo on Thursday that it has licensed Innocent Grey's Flowers -Spring Arc and Nitroplus' Communication With Sonico (SoniComi) games.

Innocent Grey's (Kara no Shōjo series) Flowers -Spring Arc PC game is a mystery story that takes place at an all-girls boarding school in the middle of a forest surrounded by tall walls named Saint Angraecum Aademy. The protagonist Suou applies to the school because of the academy's experimental "Amitie" program where students are assessed and matched with a pair of "Amity" whom they are required to become friends with. Because Suou has always been a shut-in and has no friends, she wants to join the program so she can make meaningful friendships. Just as she gets used to life at the academy, a strange incident occurs where a student disappears.

Innocent Grey is releasing the game in Japan in four parts (spring, summer, winter, and fall). JAST USA plans to release Flowers -Spring Arc this fall.

Nitroplus and Enterbrain released the SoniComi "love communication" game in 2011 for PC. In the game, players aim to become a professional cameraman, and take requests from various clients while deepening a friendship with the new gravure idol Sonico.

Super Sonico is the mascot girl of the "Nitro Super Sonic" events held by Nitroplus. In her back story, she is already a photoshoot model, game character, and a musician, even as she studies as a college student. She is also part of a three-piece girl band named "Daiichi Uchū Sokudo" (Fastest Astronautical Speed) as the vocalist and guitarist.

JAST USA plans to release SoniComi this winter.

The game inspired a PS3 adaptation titled Motto! SoniComi that Kadokawa Games shipped in Japan in March 2014. The character has also inspired the SoniAni: Super Sonico the Animation television anime series and several manga adaptations. Sentai Filmworks released the anime series on Blu-ray Disc.

JAST USA also announced that Lightning Warrior Raidy III and Shiny Days will be ready for golden master soon. The company plans to release the Lightning Warrior Raidy III adult PC game in July, and the Shiny Days PC game in August. Additionally, the company plans to release the Seinarukana PC game in September.

Shiny Days is the final title by School Days' Overflow. The game shipped in Japan in April 2012. Shiny Days is a modified update of the School Days spinoff Summer Days. JAST USA has already released School Days HQ in English.

EDIT: MangaGamer

http://blog.mangagamer.org/2015/07/05/announcements-from-anime-expo-2015/

Announcements from Anime Expo

shdkn_08

Today we’re proud to announce several new acquisitions and partners via Anime Expo! For those who couldn’t attend, you can catch up on all the amazing news below!

shdkn_eng

Our first big announcement for the night is our new partnership with St. Michael to bring A Kiss For The Petals -Remembering How We Met- to Steam! The newest chapter in the famous A Kiss For The Petals franchise, –Remembering How We Met- takes a long look back at Risa and Miya’s relationship, telling the tale of how they first met and came to be lovers.

shdkn_07

For those who are new to the franchise, this series is a must-follow for every fan of yuri. Focusing on the relationships between two girls who fall in love with each other, A Kiss For The Petals stays true to the romance between two women. Though adult scenes are plentiful, this series is characterized by the charming, natural development of relationships as the heroines go on dates, try to steal moments alone to express their love, and bond with each other in a very tender fashion.

shdkn_04

Remembering How We Met is a great chapter for those who new to the series as it tells the brand new story of Risa and Miya’s romance while looking back on the history of their time in St. Michael’s Girls’ School. Their story is unique, even within the franchise, as Risa and Miya were initially antagonistic toward each other. Though both are smart in different ways, they’re almost polar opposites—Risa is studious and works hard for her achievements while Miya seeks the freedom to pursue her own interests, her innate intelligence making class a bore for her. How did love manage to blossom between such rivals? Find out as they recount the tale.

uwtc_eng

Our next major announcement is Umineko When They Cry from 07th Expansion, creators of Higurashi When They Cry!

In Umineko, the player will join Battler, a scion of the wealthy Ushiromiya family, as he attends their annual reunion on the island of Rokkenjima for the first time in six years. However, that night, a disaster falls upon the Ushiromiya family, and they all begin to fear for their very lives. Battler’s cousin Maria believes the golden witch Beatrice has returned and committed murder through magic, but Battler doesn’t believe in such a fantasy. Still, could anyone in his family really have killed their own kin for the sake of riches? You know both the situation leading up to the incident and its tragic result, but the course of events is an enigma, and no one willing to share the whole truth. What really happened on Rokkenjima that night?

Fans of Higurashi will already be familiar with Umineko‘s unique manner of storytelling—over the span of eight different chapters the player will experience several different ways in which events of the murder may have played out. None are certain. All bear truth. Will you be able to piece together the real story of what happened that day by the climactic finale? Accompanied by a soundtrack worthy to deem this prose a ‘sound novel’ just by itself, this enticing tale is a must-read for anyone who enjoys thinking outside the box.

We’ll be working with the team at Witch Hunt to update the translation for Umineko alongside this new, official release on our platform and Steam. We’ll also be including new character artwork for this upcoming release! We plan to follow R07’s episodic release system with Umineko in order to to make it accessible with the new art as soon as possible, just as we have for Higurashi.

hpits_eng

Our third announcement is even more special, since we’re announcing this title first, before its major announcement Japan. Together with Frontwing, we’re proud to announce our acquisition of the brand new PC version of Himawari: The Sunflower featuring all-new artwork by Kuuchuu Yousai, artist of the Angel Djibril series!

As a complete visual remake of Blank Note’s popular hard sci-fi romance, Himawari: The Sunflower tells a tale of love, tragedy, and sacrifice played out on two stages – Earth, and outer space. Enter Hinata Youichi, a young high school student and sole survivor of a tragic spaceplane crash that robbed him of both his family and memories roughly two years prior. Amnesiac but steady in his new life, Youichi manages to find solace in surrounding himself with friends: Amamiya Ginga, the eccentric son of a world-famous astronaut, as well as the tomboyish, yet ultimately kind-hearted quasi-childhood friend, Saionji Asuka. Everything changes, however, when an unidentified object crash-lands in Youichi’s hometown and he meets Aries, a mysterious – and similarly amnesiac – young girl from outer space. Who is Aries? What happened on that fateful day two years ago? And what secrets lurk behind the accident that turned Youichi’s life upside down?

Himawari: The Sunflower paints Blank Note’s highly-regarded classic in wonderful new colors, featuring brand new artwork by Kuuchuu Yousai and a script written by Go. Explore Youichi’s struggle in coming to terms with his lost memories while an entirely different story is revealed to have taken place far beyond the clouds, in the chilling void of outer space. What starts out as a young man’s light-hearted high-school adventure soon takes a more serious turn as both Youichi and the reader are led to face a sobering revelation: that not everything is as it seems at first glance.

We’ll be releasing two versions of Himawari: an adult version available on our site, and an all-ages version available on Steam. Those who order the adult version from us will also receive a free copy of the game on Steam.

as_logo

Last but not least, we’re proud to announce our new partnership with Alice Soft! Famous for their gameplay-focused eroge such as the Rance and Toushin Toshi series, we’re excited to be adding such a fun and sexy partner to our lineup! Our first title with Alice Soft will be Beat Blades Haruka, a successor to Beat Angel Escalayer.

bbh_eng

Haruka Takamori is a ninja of Crescent Moon clan, come to the present in pursuit of an evil organization, the Noroi Faction, who seeks to spread terror and resurrect the great Noroi, an evil creature they draw their powers from. Once in the present though, Haruka falls in Takamaru Ikusabe, the descendant of Crescent Moon clan’s original master who inherited the ability to grant superhuman powers to the Crescent Moon ninjas by——having sex with them! Can you have enough sex with Haruka to save the world from the Noroi Faction?!

Beat Blades Haruka is also an RPG at heart—you have up to 99 days, with three phases each day to try and stop the enemy ninjas from invading the town and completing their final plan. During the first two phases you’ll choose from different actions (including a wide variety of sex acts) to train Haruka and improve her stats for battle that night in the third phase. At night you’ll use the skills and stats you hammered into Haruka to fight off enemy ninjas attacking the city or to raid their castle headquarters and drive back their advances! Be careful, though—go in unprepared and you might lose, causing Haruka to be ravished by the enemies! With well over 80 different H-scenes and multiple varieties to each, this game delivers a ton of high quality sex delivered with great art and voice acting in addition to its gameplay!

Edited by jbeckman