Visual Novels Translation Status [07/19/2015]

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait, sis jast just released a game on time??

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpFdP5yATw0

Since they announced a very specific release date for it, it makes sense.

I hope that holds up for their Shiny Days release too (2015-08-25), 'cause then I can download that 17gb behemoth with my current internet connection.

does somebody know what happened to Yoake Mae yori Ruri Iro na -Brighter than Dawning Blue- translation project?

I posted an update about this a few weeks ago

Oh wow. Two yuri VNs? That's so good. I didn't recognize Yurirei at first, but Pygmalion seems really interesting. And it has a surprisingly good cast. Also the Evangile fandisc, it's good that it'll be finished.

My expectations have been betrayed. I'm looking forward to Yurirei though. Will these be all the announcements for the year? Gahkthun winter release cheers me up.

Supipara Chapter 1

What does chapter 1 mean? You know I am interested in the game simply because it's from Minori but that chapter thingy makes it look like if they're just going to release a part of the visual novel or that the game isn't even finished.

Tokyo Babel

Oddly enough this title was on my wishlist and while it doesn't look spectacular it must have left some sort of impression on me otherwise I wouldn't have put it on the list.

The Shadows of Pygmalion

I'm not interested in Yuri by general (because imo most Yuri visual novels are rather boring, expect the Hs of course =D) but this title looks good so I may give it a try.

Kindred Spirits On The Roof

I'm not going to play this Yuri title though haha.

Princess Evangile W Happiness

Didn't even finish the main game so far but even then I highly doubt I'll play the FD because well, it's a FD so unless I really like a specific heroine and want to read her after story it's not going to happen.

Edit: Also, no nukige? I'm surprised MG, I'm surprised.

Maybe they're actually trying to shake off that rep of being a "one trick pony" of theirs. Should be interesting to see how it goes.

EDIT: not sure about Supipara though, I look forward to it but not thrilled at the idea of being released in chunks.

Edited by Some guy
Also, no nukige? I'm surprised MG, I'm surprised.

They got those announcements out of the way earlier in the year. And I imagine the Steam market is changing what kind of titles they are pursuing. I doubt it's a coincidence that all but one of the titles they announced here will have all ages versions on Steam.

I doubt it's a coincidence that all but one of the titles they announced here will have all ages versions on Steam.

Nah, it always depends on the original games.

Japanese original game_______________________________________________ Mangagamer's release

Supipara: all ages ___________________________________________________15+

Tokyo Babel: alle ages release (18+ version exists as well)__________________15+

Negai no Kakera to Hakugin no Agreement: 15+___________________________15+

Okujou no Yurirei-san: 18+____________________________________________ 18+

Princess Evangile W Happiness: 17+ and 18+ releases_____________________15+ and 18+ release

So the only game where they could have done a 18+ release is Tokyo Babel.

Edit: I may have got your comment wrong. If you meant they chose japanese all ages titles so that they can release them on Steam without cutting out stuff etc. then yes, it's not a coincidence at all.

Edited by OneManArmy

What does chapter 1 mean? You know I am interested in the game simply because it's from Minori but that chapter thingy makes it look like if they're just going to release a part of the visual novel or that the game isn't even finished.

Original JP version was supposed to come out as a trilogy, but due to very disappointing sales figures, whole project has been axed. First arc that got released consists of two chapters, so for now we'll be getting roughly half of what's available in Japan.

Original JP version was supposed to come out as a trilogy, but due to very disappointing sales figures, whole project has been axed. First arc that got released consists of two chapters, so for now we'll be getting roughly half of what's available in Japan.

Well, shit.

Edit: I may have got your comment wrong. If you meant they chose japanese all ages titles so that they can release them on Steam without cutting out stuff etc. then yes, it's not a coincidence at all.

Yeah, that's what I meant. They're picking licenses that are easy to fit on Steam.

Supipara Chapter 1

This should also help out The minori fund-raising project - Help visual novel developer, minori, in completing the Supipara Series!

Kindred Spirits On The Roof

I'm not going to play this Yuri title though haha.

That's probably the one i'm going to play tbh. Liar-soft + it's supposed to be really funny apparently.

Princess Evangile W Happiness

Didn't even finish the main game so far but even then I highly doubt I'll play the FD because well, it's a FD so unless I really like a specific heroine and want to read her after story it's not going to happen.

Although many aren't translated, there are fandiscs out there that can be almost considered full sequels. I think this one is sort of like that. And one of the popular heroines in the original VN didn't have a route in that one, so it seems fans of that VN are really happy about this announcement.

Nah, it always depends on the original games.

Japanese original game_______________________________________________ Mangagamer's release

Supipara: all ages ___________________________________________________15+

Tokyo Babel: alle ages release (18+ version exists as well)__________________15+

Negai no Kakera to Hakugin no Agreement: 15+___________________________15+

Okujou no Yurirei-san: 18+____________________________________________ 18+

Princess Evangile W Happiness: 17+ and 18+ releases_____________________15+ and 18+ release

So the only game where they could have done a 18+ release is Tokyo Babel.

there is no 18+ version of Tokyo Babel.It was just bundled with a 18+ game in a package