SO i have never had a problem with downloadani.me/ but now I have to click the above green button and it opens up two windows which i don't like, makes me feel unsafe and dirty I was wondering if there was some way to block them from opening or some other kind of work around?

Thanks for your trolling on a question thread surely you have mastered the customer service skill more than likely at 4chan and I applaud you. Your right in pointing out I and everyone should settle for mediocrity I mean that's how things get better am I right? But what can I say I don't like spyware and malware on my computer call me hater but I am what I am but thanks for dropping by surely the bards shall sing of your quest to settle for anything throughout the ages.

What pop-up blocker are you using, if it's giving that sort of clearly malware related advertising it's probably best to block it.

I'm using UBlock (EDIT: UBlock Origin) myself and for that in the dashboard/settings for it there's a tab called "My Rules" where I have this set:

downloadani.me [url]http://www4.downloadani.me[/url] script block

Download button no longer redirects to a pop-up window. :)

(Might work for NoScript as well since it's a script block.)

Edited by jbeckman

I've been getting pop ups pretty bad on both downloadani.me and erogedownload. Any time I click anywhere on any page.

I dunno why, Adblocker Plus just doesn't seem to catch them. Weird.

That's what we get for overusing adblock - we block the ads, they look for a way to force us to see them. I've never noticed anything obviously malware / spyware but there were some ovious traps etc. Crashed my browser several times too (well, my PC is really old so it happens when I open too many websites at once).

The pop-ups on that site seem to embed into the page, I tried creating a script that would block them from loading. Took me a while to get it to stop it from coming up, but the page did not load as well. Well, i'm not a expert at this so in the future there might be a way to block them.

I've been getting pop ups pretty bad on both downloadani.me and erogedownload. Any time I click anywhere on any page.

I dunno why, Adblocker Plus just doesn't seem to catch them. Weird.

Adblocker's only seems to block things that are separate from the page, so I haven't seen one that actually blocks stuff like this.

Edit: I noticed that you're getting some on here... adblocker's "should" block the ones here. hmmmm.....

That's what we get for overusing adblock - we block the ads, they look for a way to force us to see them. I've never noticed anything obviously malware / spyware but there were some ovious traps etc. Crashed my browser several times too (well, my PC is really old so it happens when I open too many websites at once).

This things go way past the times adblocker was a huge thing, the thing is that they're rare to come by.

----------------

Chrome lets you "Force Close" individual tabs. Do this for the ones that lock your browser.

_task manager

_end task for the one that locked your browser

Note: Firefox does not let you do this, all the tabs are running in one single process.

Edited by Cru3l
Edit: I noticed that you're getting some on here... adblocker's "should" block the ones here. hmmmm.....

As long as you stay logged in, you should be getting no advertisements over here at all. That's the site's policy I established long time ago - freeloaders foot the bill for everyone that actually contributes.