What kind of eroge do you NOT play, ever?

What kinds of eroge do you avoid?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. What kinds of eroge do you avoid?

• NTR
    • Nukige
    • Visual Novels
    • non-Visual Novel games
    • Rape
    • Tentacles
    • Poorly drawn games
    • All Eroge (You just play all ages games)
    • Old games
    • Other

Meh, I don't care, though it isn't really worth spending all the time and effort to fownload a poorly drawn game. Btw, just seems like everyone here is squeemish. Sure I won't touch Yaoi, but that is because I want to see sex scene with girls in it. I really don't mind anything that you throw at me other than that.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kinda surprised that poorly drawn games has so many votes. I thought NTR or rape should had more and those are the eroge games I avoid.

Play DOR. Or try to.

I've never played it myself since I think it's too old to work on my computer. But being old, I'm sure it has old-fashioned graphics, which generally don't look as nice.

Stereotypes ftw

I don't play eroge that contain yaoi (wanna see girls not guys) or guro (blood does not turn me on)

Some things that make me less likely to play an eroge:

otome (being the only girl in the game isn't bad but it is to be on the receiving end)

gender bender (I'm attached to my manhood although I've played X-change 2 and 3 and some similar other games)

yuri (just miss the guy in there)

art/drawing style (this does not mean bad art but I avoid certain kinds of art)

age/old (mainly avoided due to annoying interfaces)

I chose the poorly drawn option up there. Though I have to admit, while I've watched and enjoyed some reverse Harem anime, Otome and Yaoi games arn't really my thing. I could probably deal with them if I got to that point, but there are plenty of games out there to play that people should be able to pick and choose genres based on their personal likes and dislikes. I don't actively seek out some of the more crazy fetishes like tentacles and the like, but if I find them in a game, I doubt they would stop me from playing it if I wanted to. Though it mostly depends on my mood and the game in question.

Why get angry over the actions of a few fictional characters? It's complete ridiculousness to get angry over 1s and 0s.

That's kind of a silly way to think about it. After all, humans create fiction and consume it precisely because we empathize with the characters. It's natural to feel the same emotions as the characters do, albeit to a lesser extent.

So much of our world is digitized as of 2012 that it's impossible to not occasionally get upset over 1's and 0's. Your favorite MMO just glitched? You lost 5 hours of hard work. Your computer got a virus? You might have to lose all your personal files. Somebody post something nasty about you on Facebook? You might have to do damage control and/or lose some friends.

That's kind of a silly way to think about it. After all, humans create fiction and consume it precisely because we empathize with the characters. It's natural to feel the same emotions as the characters do, albeit to a lesser extent.

^Quoted for truth. In addition to basic survival needs, people have to fulfill cognitive needs as well, and storytelling is something that people do to sate that need. Who doesn't like hearing a good story? Nobody. You'll never meet a person that dislikes all of the stories that they've heard, nor will you find anyone that has never heard any stories before. So why do we get 'angry over 1s and 0s'? Because we're people and we like our stories. The truth is, it would be 'complete ridiculousness' for somebody to feel absolutely nothing about stories.

So much of our world is digitized as of 2012 that it's impossible to not occasionally get upset over 1's and 0's. Your favorite MMO just glitched? You lost 5 hours of hard work. Your computer got a virus? You might have to lose all your personal files. Somebody post something nasty about you on Facebook? You might have to do damage control and/or lose some friends.

Comsume it out of empathy? Sorry to inform you, but there is not an ounce of empathy in me. I partake of fiction for entertainment purposes only. I have no alterier motives, I simply do whatever I want whenever I want. Empathizing with the characters is not something I do. The characters can burn for all I care. There is only 1 character I've ever seen in an eroge who was like me, but thus that means I cannot empathize with him.