"Clear all of the routes!" or "just passing through"?

Guest AbjectAtoll

Depends on the game, really. I loved YMK but I honestly think that playing through the other two paths would be like cheating on Aeka.

and I just can't do that.

But if the game doesn't really catch me that much, I'll just 100% it and move on to the next game.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the game, really. I loved YMK but I honestly think that playing through the other two paths would be like cheating on Aeka.

and I just can't do that.

The trouble I had wint YMK is that, in order to get to the other two routes I had to ignore Aeka's cries of help... it broke my heart to see her suffering every time with nobody to saver her, even me...

The trouble I had wint YMK is that, in order to get to the other two routes I had to ignore Aeka's cries of help... it broke my heart to see her suffering every time with nobody to saver her, even me...

That's kinda how I feel for every eroge with a particularly helpless heroine. That's why I saved Hanako for last in Katawa Shoujo, for instance.

I always try to complete every route but i don't always get 100% CG because sometimes there is 'bad end' CG and I don't really want to go the through the bad ends. The only time I don't finish all the routes is when it's a difficult but also not very engaging story, I just can't bring myself to do it when I know there is better things out there.

^ This is was my exact same opinion. I couldnt help feel sorry for her when finishing the other two routes. Oh, the irony of loving a game but hating its 100% completion.

^ This is was my exact same opinion. I couldnt help feel sorry for her when finishing the other two routes. Oh, the irony of loving a game but hating its 100% completion.

hehehehe yeah, the other girls had problems and that, but Aeka needed urgent help, only YOUR help...

So far, I've managed to clear all routes for all the VN's I've played, but I can imagine a time at which I might just let a route or two slip by if I wanted to move on to something else. My strategy is to stick with one VN and one nukige at a time, and complete one or both before I start something new. That way, I can alternate between the two if I want a break from one of them.

I have to complete everything. I can recall just three games I didn't - one was so boring I'd never remember what scenarios I hadn't witnessed yet so it's not worth redownloading, one was so terrible it had no good in it whatsoever and continuing to clear more paths was hardly shining any light on the possibility for notsuckiness, and the last I may have completed but I have no freaking idea because it was such a mess of endings, BUT I STILL THINK ONE DAY I WILL CLEAR IT ALL...

If a game isn't good enough to read all of, I probably won't play it to begin with. ^^

I like complete the whole eroge.. Cuz y'now, it's hard to get eroge over here. So I would make use of what I have with myself to the fullest..

But there are certain games where I didn't really like clearing(but did it anyway) like Hiiragi Kappei's (Clannad) route.. I know It was a good thing and it was a good story, but seeing another person's (not the protagonist's)ending fills me with conflict..

I do my best to complete everything if I manage to enjoy a game enough to complete any route. I have been known to drop certain games, or at least push them to the side instead of completing them just to say I have. If I don't feel like I'm enjoying the story then I tend not to continue it. However with good eroges and VN's I want to see how the other routes end up, how does this and that effect things, how are the routes different. etc.

I ussually get 100% too, but playing first the heroine I like less of all, and leaving the main heroine last....and yeah... same here with YMK....I felt that I just let a puppy die in the rain...but I also loved the happy ending with the long haired one (forgot the name) nd even if I hate the stroy of some heroine, I still read it, but sometimes my anger is too strong and I spend a lot of hours in a single route xD

• 2 weeks later...
Same as erogeking..

I only play through the routes I like, and don't play through the ones I'm not interested in.

It also tends to make me sad, that when I just finished the route I've been wanting to read, since I got the game, and then start a new one.

'cause if it was great, the great story I just read practically never happened if I read another route now... Call me weird -__-

wah that's right, i am completely agree.. i forgot who said this but i think he is a member here, he said something like "You don't have to see everything since there's someone out there who is more appropriate to see it" or something like that, i forgot :cool:

well that was really helping me, since back then i was having a conflict whether to finish Katawa Shoujo with 100% completion or not. Since whenever i love eroge or VN, i end up loving them so much i till i want to finish them with 100% completion yet i don't want to see the death of my character.. that's hurt.. so much :cool: Well and after experiencing that kind of hell i understand that i don't need to see everything, life's end without us seeing everything yet, so does eroge :cool:

Summary unlike people who finished 100% of their favorite eroge, i tend to leave the best end as the end, i don't want to see the real bad end, and digging my own grave, well i think i will finish 100% for my not-so-favorite eroge instead..

I do this as well, but sometimes the heroine that i liked the least(initially) turns out to have the best route.

Sometimes it's just impossible to figure out the best order to play the routes. This is part of the reason G-Senjou was so good-- all you had to do was go down a new route every time it was presented to you, and you automatically save the main heroine's route (the best one in that game IMO) for last.

Mostly just passing through.., well, I'll try other routes when there is no new VN to play..

personally, its kind of hard to me to try another route after clearing one..., like when I was playing GSenjou no Maou, I've aimed for Haru from the first time...it was so saaaaaaad, I cried hard...lol. I find it hard to play another route as I found myself asking,"what will happen to her? what will she do without me?"..like when I tried to replay it...and unintentionally enter Mizuha's route(I don't remember the choice...)..and She said goodbye(or something like that..) to me, I just like,"Wha..??What did I do???who'll help your battle with Maou??"..

there are more examples, but I think that the most suitable one..well, that just mean I could replay many of my VN, try another route, and still feel like a new VN, haha

Mostly just passing through.., well, I'll try other routes when there is no new VN to play..

personally, its kind of hard to me to try another route after clearing one..., like when I was playing GSenjou no Maou, I've aimed for Haru from the first time...it was so saaaaaaad, I cried hard...lol. I find it hard to play another route as I found myself asking,"what will happen to her? what will she do without me?"..like when I tried to replay it...and unintentionally enter Mizuha's route(I don't remember the choice...)..and She said goodbye(or something like that..) to me, I just like,"Wha..??What did I do???who'll help your battle with Maou??"..

there are more examples, but I think that the most suitable one..well, that just mean I could replay many of my VN, try another route, and still feel like a new VN, haha

Yet another reason to look up recommended play order online after downloading a game.

It depend on the story and the heroins. If I really enjoy the story and the heroins then I tend to go for the 100% completion, if the story is so so but I enjoy the heroins then I will do the same, but even if the story is great if there is some heroins I don't like then I'll tend to pass their route or go through them using "skip" for the most part while reading the part that seems to be interesting.

Sometimes it's just impossible to figure out the best order to play the routes. This is part of the reason G-Senjou was so good-- all you had to do was go down a new route every time it was presented to you, and you automatically save the main heroine's route (the best one in that game IMO) for last.

Man Usami's route was just epic. I don't remember anything too special about the other routes but the main route was fantastic. And part of the reason might be because the other routes end before you get to the main climax.