Visual Novels Translation Status [08/23/2015]

just checked out the Facebook page for Shin koihime and it looks like they are mostly done with a draft translation other than most H-scenes and a few characters, so hopefully me might get something early next year if they don't get stuck on anything and if MG can get the license. though this is just conjecture might be in 2018 that its released knowing the TL community, though they have made amazing progress considering its such a large game.

just checked out the Facebook page for Shin koihime and it looks like they are mostly done with a draft translation other than most H-scenes and a few characters, so hopefully me might get something early next year if they don't get stuck on anything and if MG can get the license. though this is just conjecture might be in 2018 that its released knowing the TL community, though they have made amazing progress considering its such a large game.

one can only hope. but yea theyve done an amazing job doing this much so fast. i am thankful they took their time to do this considering how much people want this.

Bummer about the Shiny Days digital delay, they were maintaining that it could reach the 25th date until the very end. You know, if they're not so sure about that release estimate, they should say so straight up instead of mislead them. Well, the digital version seems like it will still fall within the estimate I gave a couple weeks ago.

For all the time I've spent thinking about the future releases of eroge translations, I somehow completely forgot that JAST claims Seinarukana is coming out next month. From a tweet earlier today, it seems like they're still holding firm on that September release. So what's their plan, Shiny Days and Seinarukana next month, Sumaga in October, Flowers in November, and Sonicomi in December? That's a pretty packed schedule. God damn, there are going to be so many releases these next few months, I'm a loser NEET and I still probably won't have the time to read everything.

Bummer about the Shiny Days digital delay, they were maintaining that it could reach the 25th date until the very end. You know, if they're not so sure about that release estimate, they should say so straight up instead of mislead them. Well, the digital version seems like it will still fall within the estimate I gave a couple weeks ago.

For all the time I've spent thinking about the future releases of eroge translations, I somehow completely forgot that JAST claims Seinarukana is coming out next month. From a tweet earlier today, it seems like they're still holding firm on that September release. So what's their plan, Shiny Days and Seinarukana next month, Sumaga in October, Flowers in November, and Sonicomi in December? That's a pretty packed schedule. God damn, there are going to be so many releases these next few months, I'm a loser NEET and I still probably won't have the time to read everything.

your forgetting the weirdest thing. JAST is releasing more than one game in a year!!!

in all honestly though that does seem to be a lot of releases pretty quick. i will have to choose what to read first and what to wait on

Edited by tokko1

Don't forget about SubaHibi, Nobleworks, Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort, Koiken Otome that are also coming out in the next few months...With college starting again in October I won't have time to read even half of planned releases, well but JAST will find a way to delay some of those games to next summer so I'm not very worried lol

After registering I got a code "sapromo" which should allow for a 50% discount which might work for this game though it could be a one time only code instead of just once per purchase/account.

(Though the actual purchase was reported as declined but I still got the product so I'll have to check what that's about.)

Unsure if there's some DRM but I am almost positive it'll still be censored.

Blame the mosiacs on Frontwing, they stayed stubborn on the matter from what I've heard.

The writing is cleaned up, and the advanced config is fully translated. Beyond that, it's the Grisaia everyone knows.

My personal thoughts? If people can afford it, they should consider buying it - if for no other reason then to ensure SP continues to explore +18 sales. If it does poorly (from what I gather, the Denpa store has barely made any sales for SA or Nekopara in almost a year), we can probably expect them to drop any attempts and will focus on All-ages stuff.

Blame the mosiacs on Frontwing, they stayed stubborn on the matter from what I've heard.

Same stuff as with Minori - they are affraid of uncensored versions finding their way back to Japan, which would mean legal trouble for them. For now they are treating west as secondary market, and until sales show it's worth the potential risk, some companies will want to stay on safe side.

My personal thoughts? If people can afford it, they should consider buying it - if for no other reason then to ensure SP continues to explore +18 sales. If it does poorly (from what I gather, the Denpa store has barely made any sales for SA or Nekopara in almost a year), we can probably expect them to drop any attempts and will focus on All-ages stuff.

Nekopara sold great on steam, and there is uncensor patch link stickied on their community forum - There's literally no reason for people to buy it on Denpa site.

Same stuff as with Minori - they are affraid of uncensored versions finding their way back to Japan, which would mean legal trouble for them. For now they are treating west as secondary market, and until sales show it's worth the potential risk, some companies will want to stay on safe side.

Nekopara sold great on steam, and there is uncensor patch link stickied on their community forum - There's literally no reason for people to buy it on Denpa site.

Ah, I knew about SA having a uncensor patch available, but I didn't know about Nekopara doing that as well. Guess that really does leave Grisaia as its own thing. Frontwing treating +18 as a seperate license from the Vita (steam) version may cuase more harm then good - guess time will tell.

Funny thing is, the sales are still blocked on Steamsales tracker - so no way of knowing how it's done yet.

Edited by Some guy