What games (besides eroges) is everyone playing right now?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game. Playing it a lot these days and I'm really looking foward to the next patch.

allow me to tell you of the time, when it will have a patch that actually MAKES a difference...im a big fan but the patches dont do jack

pro tip for noobz ... war > take core > make core > sell it back > support rebels > province is yours > sell > profit

repeat as necessary

Edited by switch
allow me to tell you of the time, when it will have a patch that actually MAKES a difference...im a big fan but the patches dont do jack

Are we talking about the same game? Because the last patch changed EU4 in so many ways that I don't even know where to start.

pro tip for noobz ... war > take core > make core > sell it back > support rebels > province is yours > sell > profit

This doesn't make any sense because if you sell the province back then the nation you took it from will still have its own core there and won't get any rebels, so all you do is wasting manpower and delicious admin points. And supporting rebels makes only sense if they want to rebel in more than one province. Otherwise the AI will just use harsh treatment and bamm, there goes your expensive support. Also, supporting rebels always costs more money than you can earn from selling a province (usually 20-40 bucks).

Edited by OneManArmy

repeat as necessary

my strategy always was:

DON'T MESS WITH FRANCE > conquer everyone else > conquer France

or as merchant republic:

Trade > be more rich than Bill Gates > MERCENARIES

[quote name= OneManArmy

]

Are we talking about the same game? Because the last patch changed EU4 in so many ways that I don't even know where to start.

the latest patches really changed the game, now instead of the normal 8 overextension you get 30, and don't get me started on rebels...

No! I'm not turning this thread into a EU4 discussion!

DON'T MESS WITH FRANCE > conquer everyone else > conquer France

I really hope they do something about France in the next patch because right now they're overpowered as fuck. They own a lot provinces with the highest tax base in the game and so they get a stupid amount of manpower and a high force limit. And if they start to have 80 regiments and a 4-5-4-3 commander then you're fucked. That's pretty much the reason why they tend to take over Spain these days.

the latest patches really changed the game, now instead of the normal 8 overextension you get 30, and don't get me started on rebels...

Yeah, the increased aggressiv expansion really sucks although I can understand why they did that. Back then you could take over 4 provinces at once and nobody gave a shit about it; which made the game a lot easier (or even to easy) so I guess it's an annoying but reasonable change. And if you mean with rebels nationalists then there's no way that I can disagree with you. They are so fucking annoying. Don't they last 30 years or something? I mean yeah, again it's something that prevents you from fast expansion but damn, that's just too much. They should change it to 10 years or something.

Edited by OneManArmy
No! I'm not turning this thread into a EU4 discussion!

And if you mean with rebels nationalists then there's no way that I can disagree with you. They are so fucking annoying. Don't they last 30 years or something? I mean yeah, again it's something that prevents you from fast expansion but damn, that's just too much. They should change it to 10 years or something.

proved my "support rebels" point. thing is the strategy is really effective when kicking Ottoman ass...

anyway by change i mean add something to the game....it gets boring when im just watching a screen for hours on end...national monuments...hussars pack...pfft dafuq is that? lol

the military warfare is crap...

i capture the entire ottomon empire but i cant annex it bcuz some asshole in europe is offended? really?

IRL you burn and pillage everything and get to keep everything... "the siege is over, the garrison left with flying banners etc"

^ really? wud i let my enemies march out of the castle after i raped them? hell no, ide kill them.

also the AI retreats 2-3 provinces then starts a new siege....my army retreats to the other side of the planet

the game is pretty good with lots of potential but its not realistic

proved my "support rebels" point

No. What you said was a totally different thing...

1. You fabricate a claim on province A

2. You start a war and take province A

3. You core province A

4. You sell it back for 20-40 bucks

5. You support rebels

6. Nationalists will raise up

7. Nationalists will enforce their demands and province A deflects to your country

8. You sell province A again

(or in your words: war > take core > make core > sell it back > support rebels > province is yours > sell > profit)

And that strategy doesn't work because no rebels will raise up. Let's thin about it, what are the reasons why a province gets rebels?

Low Stability

Low Tolerance

Occupation

Nationalism

High War Exhaustion

Low Legitimacy

High Overextension

Low Religious unity

No Core

Let's assume that the other country has no inner problems like stability, war exhaustion, legitimacy, overextension etc.

Low Stability

Low Tolerance

Occupation

Nationalism

High War Exhaustion

Low Legitimacy

High Overextension

Low Religious unity

No Core

So only no core, wrong religion and nationalism will lead to a revolt. Let's take a look at how province A changes during your strategy.

Province A before you cored it...

Cores: other country

Culture: A

Religion: A

Province A after you cored it...

Cores: other country, you

Culture: A

Religion: A

So if you're going to sell it back then the other country still has its core there and won't get any rebels at all because even the culture and religion are still the same. And the nationalist rebels you have after taking province A most likely want to deflect the the other country anyway so they'll go away as soon as you sell province A back. So what you'll have to do is to change the culture and religion as well because only then the other country will get nationalists and religious rebels but this would cost you monarch points as well and is not worth the 20-40 bucks.

anyway by change i mean add something to the game....it gets boring when im just watching a screen for hours on end...national monuments...hussars pack...pfft dafuq is that? lol

Well, it's EU4 after all. Although I've to agree with you. Especially that new world dlc was crap. Playing as natives is fucking boring because literally nothing is happening and to randomnize the new world didn't influence the game as much as I thought.

i capture the entire ottomon empire but i cant annex it bcuz some asshole in europe is offended? really?

You most likely weren't able to annex or vassalize them because the ottoman empire was too big. And if you can take over the ottomans then you can pretty much give a shit about aggresiv expansion and the opinion of others because nobody will dare to attack you anyway.

"the siege is over, the garrison left with flying banners etc"

^ really? wud i let my enemies march out of the castle after i raped them? hell no, ide kill them.

Trust me, you wouldn't kill them. Why? Because back then most soldiers were normal people with a job. And if you kill them then you also kill the people who cultivate fields and so the province you just took over will become useless to you. Remember all of those epic siege battles in movies? All lies. Normally you just waited for the garrison to give up and that's it.

also the AI retreats 2-3 provinces then starts a new siege....my army retreats to the other side of the planet

Yeah, the AI is cheating quite a bit. It the same with rebels and their amazing dice rolls.

No. What you said was a totally different thing...

Especially that new world dlc was crap. Playing as natives is fucking boring because literally nothing is happening and to randomnize the new world didn't influence the game as much as I thought.

You didn't like to kick european's butt as a native ?

or have colonies, wich will eventually rebel and watch them fight for their independance, and later form countries like USA ?

Yeah, the increased overextension really sucks although I can understand why they did that. Back then you could take over 4 provinces at once and nobody gave a shit about it; which made the game a lot easier (or even to easy) so I guess it's an annoying but reasonable change.

The thing is, that now the overextension fades a lot quicker. I had a 100 overextension (A coalition of France, Austria, Bohemia and Denmark...), with an advisor that has the bonus of "30% better relations over time" and some diplomatic or religious ideas the coalition was over in 7 years...

Before, if you had 100 overextension, you needed to wait 20 years or something like that.

And if you mean with rebels nationalists then there's no way that I can disagree with you. They are so fucking annoying. Don't they last 30 years or something? I mean yeah, again it's something that prevents you from fast expansion but damn, that's just too much. They should change it to 10 years or something.

The nationalists don't bother me too much because i use harsh treatment almost all the time. The problem is that when they revolt, they have a good stack of 20 thousand men (depends on your force limit) and a good 3 4 0 1 commander, they can kick almost all my army. Hell, once i had to recruit all the mercenaries to beat a single stack. The good thing is they last 15 years, and harsh treatment 10. Also you can always accept demands, leaving the province useless for some time.

Yeah, the AI is cheating quite a bit. It the same with rebels and their amazing dice rolls.

Well, we have to understand that the AI is dumb sometimes, and they have these bonuses to be able to keep up to the player. We have a brain, they don't, and that's a HUGE advantage.

Look here if you want to know how the AI "cheats".

AI Cheats - Facts and misunderstandings

Edited by Jaeger
You didn't like to kick european's butt as a native ? or have colonies, wich will eventually rebel and watch them fight for their independance, and later form countries like USA ?

I don't have a lot of experience with playing as natives but one time I played as Huron until 1800. I was very happy when I finally westernized but even then I was far behind on tech so I'm not sure how you can kick France's or England's ass. I mean you would have to ship your army over the ocean to get some good warscore and I don't think that's possible. As for the colonization, I'm tired of it. When I started to play EU4 I always took european countries and usually exploration ideas. Colonies are just such an easy way to grow and back then they were stable as fuck. But yeah, I definitely have to look into that new colony system because playing as a conlony could be fun. You can play as a colony, right?

Before, if you had 100 aggresiv expansion, you needed to wait 20 years or something like that.

In the previous patch (iirc) they increased the range of your AE to an insane degree so that even Sweden would get pissed if you took over a province in South Italy. Thank god that they fixed that "bug" like 2 weeks later.

The nationalists don't bother me too much because i use harsh treatment almost all the time

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm doing the same but loosing 200 military points because of harsh treatment is no fun.

The problem is that when they revolt, they have a good stack of 20 thousand men (depends on your force limit) and a good 3 4 0 1 commander, they can kick almost all my army. Hell, once i had to recruit all the mercenaries to beat a single stack.

Reminds me of the time when I played as Venice. I took over Tirol (because GOLD!!!) and due to some weird circumstances (probably some amazing events) its revolt risk was increased by 20. You can't imagine how hard it was to destroy those rebels. 30 stack and they spawned right in Tirol, a province full of mountains. But that alone wasn't enough, they got a 5 shock commander as well. Yep, I wasn't able to beat that army at all. At the end I had to accept their demands, something I should have done before I wasted all of my money and manpower.

Look here if you want to know how the AI "cheats".

AI Cheats - Facts and misunderstandings

Thanks for the link. I always thought the AI has a higher chance to roll good numbers but apparently that's not the case. I will still call the AI cheater though if something goes horribly wrong.

An EU discussion on EG, nice :D

I still haven't played EUIV (currently haven't got a capable computer), but had a blast with EUII (+AAR mod) and EUIII (+Death en taxes mod).... Loved the feudal rivalery of Japan in EUIII D&T, haha.

As long as you don't mess with France...

Allez le big blue blob :D

And the new patch and DLC for EU IV is out, I think it is a good time to start playing again...

An EU discussion on EG, nice :D

but had a blast with EUII (+AAR mod) and EUIII (+Death en taxes mod).... Loved the feudal rivalery of Japan in EUIII D&T, haha.

Allez le big blue blob :D

EU III ?, I remember the big white blob from that game....

And the new patch and DLC for EU IV is out, I think it is a good time to start playing again...

EU III ?, I remember the big white blob from that game....

Ahaha, only said that because you mentioned France :D

Austria is indeed the biggest danger in most EUIII games :S

First Indie game to really impress me, it's like a 2d Darksouls - was a really fun game and leaves you wanting more. :) (oh and the music is epic for a indie title)

If you like this type of game watch Abyss Odissey, made by a small chilean group, it's very similar to the old Castlevania in 2D

Abyss Odyssey

Edited by JigenZ
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

well i have bunch of game i play

-Neptunia 1-3 (all ending) and than a Playthough with the Japanese Voice

-Sword Art Online HF

-Persona 4 Golden

-Project Zero (Fatal Frame) Crimson Butterfly (Xbox and Wii)

-Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3

• 2 weeks later...