Visual Novels Translation Status [09/13/2015]

I've noticed that a lot of the stuff that's getting translated is very.......vanilla(or at least I think that is what I'm trying to say) Seriously i know we got stuff like Euphoria in there but honestly id love to see a bit more diversity in the stuff being translated.... Maybe i should learn to read Japanese and learn to do typesetting and stuff....then id actually have a right to complain lol. Love you translators!

So he's going to finish his current project and then start BB2 and finish that as well in 8 months? Sounds kind of doubtful to be honest.

There's not a lot to translate in BB2. What will eat a lot of time will be the technical difficulties.

Also, you are mistaken, he started the other project at about April 12th, that means 1 year to finish about 25,000 lines of the other project and finish BB2.

(JAST DevLog — Why....)

Just finished a meeting on how to deal with Shiny Days. Kind of a roller coaster. What I was dreading has happened.. we need to extend the delay.

Sorry.

Since we have a pretty tiny staff, getting through the final motions of releasing this game has been a challenge. I just wanted to say sorry to all the people who have been anticipating this game, we’re really doing our best to get it out.

To address a few specific points:

The game has been mastered; it should be duplicating. The printed materials are done (AFAIK). However, we can’t help it if something holds up duplication. which really sucks. It’ll take at least another week to finish and I was given the estimate of the 30th.

As for the download, we could “just release” it as many people have asked for. The biggest problem is that it’s a 16 gb installer, it’s huge; so when we cut it up into 1-3gb chunks to stitch together to make a working installer, if one of those parts is bad, it’s not going to work… Getting an installer that will check and tell you when something is not right and tell you specifically what part you need to redownload will save you guys and us some time and bandwidth, and hopefully we can use the installer model we’re building to apply to some of our other and future games, so in the long run for us it’ll be worth it, but the average fan just wants their game- and I totally agree, you should have it, but it should be as painless an install as possible. Just setting out a minimal installer and hoping people can figure it out while the 2.5 of us try to deal with the loads of problem/question tickets is not the way to go imo.

Also, pushing a DL install to everyone will probably increase server load which slows everyone down (I’m not sure how many of you actually instal from the dvd but if there were 1000 less people downloading the files, it’s likely that it’ll go a little faster.

I’m personally tired of making excuses for why this game can’t get out the door, I’m actually a huge “Days” game fan and it’s just painful for me to be on this side even trying to get all this to go. I hope this is the last time I have to write about how something is not working the way we want it too and that the next post for Shiny Days will be because it is ready for everyone to play.

Hit my ask if you have any questions or want to talk,

Welp

Saw that just now on their forums, the installer will help with future projects but they could also just say buy a WinRar or 7-Zip license and make a self-installing version by packing and splitting it that way, game could have been available weeks ago if all that's holding it up is that work on their new installer.

(Has all that other stuff they want too such as error handling.)

Haha. InSTALLer again, eh?

http://i.imgur.com/lDSsSKw.jpg

For those new to the scene. MirrorMoon (group who did Fate/Stay Night translation) was sitting on a patch for months, because one of members (Message) insisted on making installer for English patch. That became a meme of sorts in meantime, with rumors about features the brand new installer will have, some among them being bringing a world peace and so on...

As for issue at hand - there are plenty cheap and even free/open source solutions that JAST could use - most support CRC sum checking and split parts without problems. Delivering the data shouldn't be a problem either, with abundance of content delivery solutions, like Amazon AWS/EC3, anyone remotely competent should be able to set up reasonable download system that could handle 10s of thousands of downloads....

Anyone was able to download the patch?

For me the pages don't even load or when it load it say quota exceeded and i have been trying for a few hours now.

I have that problem too. ill just wait and hope that they post at least the patch here.... Where I've had minimal problems in the past

Anyone was able to download the patch?

For me the pages don't even load or when it load it say quota exceeded and i have been trying for a few hours now.

I don't know if I'm allowed to do this but here, I uploaded the patch to mega for you: Link

For anyone who already have the game installed on pc don't forget to put your date format to japanese too beside the locale or your displayed text will be gibberish. have fun :D

I don't know if I'm allowed to do this but here, I uploaded the patch to mega for you: Link

For anyone who already have the game installed on pc don't forget to put your date format to japanese too beside the locale or your displayed text will be gibberish. have fun :D