What gives Erogegames/Erogedownload?

I don't really know where to put it so I'll just put it here. Why are all the old VN's being butchered on the site?

Paradise Heights was fully voiced. Fatal Relations was fully voiced (managed to find the voice files online here ftlrlt.part01 - Download - 4shared - Graham Yost). I've noticed a bunch of others that I'm too lazy to go through and list but for the love of god stop butchering these old anime titles and release them properly thanks.

It has been brought to my attention that Erogedownload has released a censored version of Shiny Days. Fans are greatly disappointed by this decision. In addition, the game was released with countless bugs and after 2 weeks almost nothing has been done about them.

Fans will not stand for this butchery, Erogedownload. Either shape up and release pirated games as they were originally meant to be enjoyed, or we'll take our business elsewhere.

there is no business involved its free of charge. dont go trashing how i get my trashy japanese girl games, its a miracle i can play them at all without trawling ebay or going to conventions. if you can find the files and share them i'm sure ivan would consider updating the title, isn't that the point of the periodic re-releases?

there is no business involved its free of charge. dont go trashing how i get my trashy japanese girl games, its a miracle i can play them at all without trawling ebay or going to conventions. if you can find the files and share them i'm sure ivan would consider updating the title, isn't that the point of the periodic re-releases?

true plus there are no viruses its safer

Generally, I try to get the best versions possible for releases. Some very old titles are simply very hard to find or the files got cut in one way or another, due to bandwidth requirements (so-called scene RIPs - one hardly encounters them nowadays, since bandwidth is cheap as fuck, but back in a days it was very common for scene groups to release games with cutscenes cut etc. in order to save space - for example Diablo 1 was 700MB for full version and 150MB with into/outro movies removed). If you have "better" version than the one that's currently posted, just send it to me, and I'll update it.

Yeah I remember that, FAS with their voice add-on, movies add-on and music add-on for some of the earlier JAST games. :D

(Started to expand my library of JAST games but I lack their oldest games and I think that some might no longer be available at all due to certain problematic content though I haven't checked if Water Closet and Jewel Knight Crusaders are actually available from their store, was on JList years ago if I remember correctly but it might be gone from there too now.)

(X-Change 3 also had a small CG and dialogue change with one ending but I believe fans restored that at least partially.)

(Water Closet is a terrible "game" and should not be played by anyone, how or why Jast acquired and localized it is anyone's guess ha ha.)

• 3 weeks later...
It has been brought to my attention that Erogedownload has released a censored version of Shiny Days. Fans are greatly disappointed by this decision. In addition, the game was released with countless bugs and after 2 weeks almost nothing has been done about them.

Fans will not stand for this butchery, Erogedownload. Either shape up and release pirated games as they were originally meant to be enjoyed, or we'll take our business elsewhere.

You are a clown. These are fan translated abandonware games. Go back to JAST and threaten to whine more about them in your blog noone here cares.

Generally, I try to get the best versions possible for releases. Some very old titles are simply very hard to find or the files got cut in one way or another, due to bandwidth requirements (so-called scene RIPs - one hardly encounters them nowadays, since bandwidth is cheap as fuck, but back in a days it was very common for scene groups to release games with cutscenes cut etc. in order to save space - for example Diablo 1 was 700MB for full version and 150MB with into/outro movies removed). If you have "better" version than the one that's currently posted, just send it to me, and I'll update it.

Well the first link I gave works and adds full voice to fatal relations. I've found the original cd for Maid Monogatari (Maid Story) via torrents I'd see if it adds partial voice as well.

(つ旧作) (18禁ゲーム) [19970418] [C’s ware]メイド物語 (ccd).rar (it's part of someone collection on nyaa)

Works and adds partial voice to maid story as well. Just copy it from the directory on the cd to the existing rip (MUS and snd folders). For fatal relations you can replace the existing zero'd out file in your release and replace it the archive to add voice.