Visual Novels Translation Status [11/08/2015]

Look you're certainly right can do whatever they want. Just like Clannad Man (not surprisingly until recently a member of doki) had the right to setup a kickstarter campaign to get an all expense trip paid to Japan but I also have the right to call bullshit when I see it.

It also makes it alot clearer why so little work was done but they kept insisting the project wasn't dead. Now we know why. Had they dropped it like 2-3 years ago it's highly likely another team would have picked it up and finished it off. You may say hey well that other team translated x instead but that really has nothing to do with Doki lying about ME/EX.

I'm still willing to bet that for the first couple years they genuinely thought they'd be releasing a free fan patch and were earnestly attempting to do just that. And after they enter into negotiations with Key, what do you want them to say? The obviously can't say that they're actually in talks with Key. I brought these points up earlier but you seem to be ignoring them.

And again, you keep putting the blame on Doki when it was actually team fluffy/fruitbat factory who are the ones behind things here.

Edited by Decay

I'm putting the blame on Doki because it seems whatever project they get ahold of stalls and never finishes. Whether it be Tomoyo started in 2008 still unfinished, Clannad started in 2007 still unfinished, Little Busters EX/ME transferred in 2012 still unfinished.

Has Doki ever even finished a translation project on a VN? I highly doubt anyone from Doki ever believes they are releasing anything when they start a project I mean they have to know their own track record right?

Edited by boller4president

Has Doki ever even finished a translation project on a VN? I highly doubt anyone from Doki ever believes they are releasing anything when they start a project I mean they have to know their own track record right?

except tomoyo after was released on 2013.03.24 by doki according to VNDB.