Introductions:the introductions thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's great to see that this forum is still alive. I still remember the user Caelistas and the others from day one.  

Hello~~ It was back before my ISP blocked the site. Back then, free VPN wasn't that good, haha. Figures I would just buy downloadani.me premium account and leech off all of Ivan's library, then I pret

Posted Images

Hey guys. I am vaishnav. 20 years old. A huge fan of eroge but came to know of this website just recently. I am from India. I like dragonballz and many other anime. I follow many manga like naruto,bleach,fairytail etc. i found out this site by some random person in facebook. Currently I am a student in the department of software engineering. My hobbies are many,so it take a lot of time to type:P

Nice to meet you all^^

Welcome to the forum.

Hey there... hmm is everyone on the internet some sort of engineer.

Anyways good luck around the forums, one thing before I leave is... don't get raped, well if your Into that kind of shit go right ahead.

Seems like I'm back on the forums... won't be on that much do. I wonder is anyone is going to see this?

:3

Heyho I`m Alfadios.

I`m 22 years old,living in Germany.I found out about this place...well google told me about it:P.As for my self,I`m relatively new to visual novels(just started reading them 2 months ago after watching oreImo and Genshiken), but I already read quite a few good ones(for my taste atleast). As for my favourite...hmmm hard to say but for now I`ll go with Muv Luv Alternative,since I`m still overwhelmed with it(finished it yesterday).Favourite Anime would be Code Geass,closely followed by Steins Gate. At the moment I don`t have a clear favourite Manga,since I read quite a few at tehm same time and enjoying most of them :p. Well my hobbies are...as you could guess..watching anime,reading Manga and playing games (visual novels and others).

SO as for VN/s that I played there are:Katawa shoujo(my first love,introtuding my to this world),Sengoku Rance,G-Senjou Maou,Muv Luv Series,Yandere,Monster Girl quest 1,Yume Miru Kusuri,Majikoi(as far as translation goes) and Grisaia no Kajitsu. At the moment I`m planning to start Fate Stay Night,since I love Fate Zero and the new Fate Kaleid Liner Prisma Ilya.

So with that all being said,nice to meet you all and hope we can share a good time here:)

Heyho I`m Alfadios.

I`m 22 years old,living in Germany.I found out about this place...well google told me about it:P.As for my self,I`m relatively new to visual novels(just started reading them 2 months ago after watching oreImo and Genshiken), but I already read quite a few good ones(for my taste atleast). As for my favourite...hmmm hard to say but for now I`ll go with Muv Luv Alternative,since I`m still overwhelmed with it(finished it yesterday).Favourite Anime would be Code Geass,closely followed by Steins Gate. At the moment I don`t have a clear favourite Manga,since I read quite a few at tehm same time and enjoying most of them :p. Well my hobbies are...as you could guess..watching anime,reading Manga and playing games (visual novels and others).

SO as for VN/s that I played there are:Katawa shoujo(my first love,introtuding my to this world),Sengoku Rance,G-Senjou Maou,Muv Luv Series,Yandere,Monster Girl quest 1,Yume Miru Kusuri,Majikoi(as far as translation goes) and Grisaia no Kajitsu. At the moment I`m planning to start Fate Stay Night,since I love Fate Zero and the new Fate Kaleid Liner Prisma Ilya.

So with that all being said,nice to meet you all and hope we can share a good time here:)

Welcome to the forum :D

Always nice to have someone to talk about this wonderful hobby of VN reading.

If one of your favourite anime series is Steins;Gate.... what the hell are you doing??! START READING THE VN!!

Ahem, best regards :p

read ya later

• 3 weeks later...

Ok well Im new to the VN world and really glad I found these books/games My name Is Jeff Im 35 from Illinois USA, right now Im playing Sekien no Inganock and really like the story alot. I found this site by mistake ( yay lol ) I am a painter / full time Dad . Anyways Eroge or whatever its called not a big thing here in the state's sadly so Im really glad I found this site . I would have to say some of the ones I have played that I like the most Are: Swan Song, Sengoku Rance, Sekien no Inganock and a few more i cant recall the names of :p Im really new to this scene so Any advice on any English translated t.v series or VN's Is welcome, I dont really care if theres alot of H stuff in them or not as long as they got good story's, dont really know where to start looking for good manga so point me in the way lol . Nice to meet ya all And thanks For the great site :)

hello and welcome.

i suggest you try the muv luv series (muv luv extra , unlimited and muv luv alternative) , ever17 , clannad , fate/stay night , sharin no kuni himawari no shoujo , saya no uta (if you dont mind gore) .......and theres a few more that i cant recall right now. All of these are heavy story driven VNs , there are H-scenes in all of them (except ever17) , but they pretty much all have a heavy plot (muv luv extra is a slice of life comedy , but you'll know what i mean once you start with Alternative) and are some of my personal favorites.

drop by the shoutbox for more opinions though. FRESH MEAT!

Ok well Im new to the VN world and really glad I found these books/games My name Is Jeff Im 35 from Illinois USA, right now Im playing Sekien no Inganock and really like the story alot. I found this site by mistake ( yay lol ) I am a painter / full time Dad . Anyways Eroge or whatever its called not a big thing here in the state's sadly so Im really glad I found this site . I would have to say some of the ones I have played that I like the most Are: Swan Song, Sengoku Rance, Sekien no Inganock and a few more i cant recall the names of :p Im really new to this scene so Any advice on any English translated t.v series or VN's Is welcome, I dont really care if theres alot of H stuff in them or not as long as they got good story's, dont really know where to start looking for good manga so point me in the way lol . Nice to meet ya all And thanks For the great site :)

Yeah tsun recommended some good ones, especially the Muv Luv Series. The final game in the muv luv trilogy is probably my favourite visual novel (ironically, I was pretty apathetic towards the previous two games, but once you get to the final game, as tsun said, you'll know why it was worth waiting ;) ) .

As for other good suggestions not already made, I'd recommend Higurashi no Naku Kori Ni; for more information, you could check this thread out. There's also a pre packed version of the game you can find on that thread so downloading is pretty simple. You could also try either Little Busters or Rewrite, both developed by KEY (who also made Clannad as suggested by tsun). Their visual novels are interesting in the sense that they're often pretty laid back and low-key (ha, see what I did there?) at first until later when the story really starts to unfold; Little busters is a personal favourite of mine in that respect. There's also plenty of others, but those are a pretty good start.

Also, it's pretty common knowledge around here (or at least it should be) that Legend of the Galactic Heroes is an amazing anime and everyone who's anyone should watch it, sooo~~...watch it! :D

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

OK Thanks, a lot of stuff to look into thx very much! I have read fate/stay night, and ever17 liked them both very much and I have now got the Muv-Luv's In order thx for that and now Im looking into Legend of the Galactic Heroes looks good found a place I could watch 100+ episodes with english subs so Im going to watch them. Been wanting a good show THX THX THX , I figure 3 or so a day should keep me busy for some time. I also picked up clannad but with this list I got now may be some time before I Even touch that :).

P.S And yeah I see what ya did there lol I'm all Keyed in :p I got everything you all listed You guys are great thanks again for the help! Will yell at ya's in shoutbox let ya know what I think about the show !!

OK Thanks, a lot of stuff to look into thx very much! I have read fate/stay night, and ever17 liked them both very much and I have now got the Muv-Luv's In order thx for that and now Im looking into Legend of the Galactic Heroes looks good found a place I could watch 100+ episodes with english subs so Im going to watch them. Been wanting a good show THX THX THX , I figure 3 or so a day should keep me busy for some time. I also picked up clannad but with this list I got now may be some time before I Even touch that :).

P.S And yeah I see what ya did there lol I'm all Keyed in :p I got everything you all listed You guys are great thanks again for the help! Will yell at ya's in shoutbox let ya know what I think about the show !!

Dont listen to anything they said, just read Utawarerumono.

Im really new to this scene so Any advice on any English translated t.v series or VN's Is welcome, I dont really care if theres alot of H stuff in them or not as long as they got good story's, dont really know where to start looking for good manga so point me in the way lol

Okay, looks like everyone else has suggested some of the good VN, so that will save me some work. :p

VN

http://s.vndb.org/cv/56/6356.jpg

Utawarerumono - A visual novel/SRPG hybrid by Leaf. I found the gameplay really fun and enjoyable, even if its SRPG mechanic is a bit simple. And if you feel like you're up to some real challenge you should play it in Hard Mode 1 or 2, where the game becomes quite unforgiving. The VN has an airy narrative, so the text never gets dense and good for some light reading. Utawareumono story makes you feel like you are living the legend yourself whenever you read it. The main character isn't your standard young protagonist either, but a grown-up man with wisdom, so this is honestly refreshing. I'm not a fan of SRPG, but Utawarerumono is possibly the best I've ever played, both as SRPG as well as VN. Strongly recommended. Plus, Kemonomimi galore.

http://s.vndb.org/cv/38/1038.jpg

G-senjou no Maou - It's usually a good VN for newbies to start with, due to the awesome and easily likable proactive protagonist, plus engaging action story and mind-blowing epilogue. It has mediocre side routes, but you shouldn't skip it. And don't play the true route before you finished all the side routes. Also, try to get the bad ends too. Mizuha's bad end is great.

http://s.vndb.org/cv/30/7530.jpg

9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Door - A great mystery-survival VN. I've nothing to say in here except praises for its dark and immersive story. Try solving the mystery before the VN tells you the answer, it's more fun that way. This is Nintendo DS VN, so you've to use an emulator if you want to play on PC.

http://s.vndb.org/cv/22/10022.jpg

Rewrite - This VN may be marred with glaring flaws, but the beautifully well-written true routes (Moon & Terra) turn them all into nothing but insignificant scratches. It's undeniable though that Rewrite is long, and you've to go through a large portion of slice of life/comedy scenes in common route that is incredibly fun (depend on your taste) but is ultimately unimportant in a grand scale, and you've to slog further on heroine routes that range between amazingly great storytelling to downright cringe-worthy bullshit before you even gets to the really impressive part, which is the true routes. To enjoy Rewrite, it also depends on your ability to overlook or get used to the massive shifts in atmosphere and style throughout the VN, because it used multiple writers with a distinctive style of their own. If you have time and dedication to spare, you can tackle this VN. Note that I might be exaggerating a bit on its length. Lastly, Moon & Terra is absolutely fantastic, and if you don’t like it, you can’t be my friend. (I'm actually half serious here.)

http://s.vndb.org/cv/46/2646.jpg

Dra†KoI - A short-story of a boy-meets-girl in a land where Dragons trampled the Earth. It's really short (2 hours, sadly), but nevertheless, a solid VN. Dra+Koi starts with an astounding breakneck speed and hurled you along with it. The story gets deep towards the end, and by the time you finished it, you've learned a valuable lesson. The very last choice will make you think deeply of its meaning.

http://s.vndb.org/cv/29/16529.jpg

Kikokugai - The Cyber Slayer - It's, uhh, dark (because Urobuchi), and cyberpunk. Also, wushuu + cyborg. Yea, see it for yourself. Personally, I really liked it, so, recommended.

http://s.vndb.org/cv/81/4481.jpg

Hanachirasu - If you like sword, samurai, bushido, and the technical aspect of sword fighting, do read it. If not, skip. Takeda Akane is possibly the most fucked up MC of Nitro+ I've ever seen. Yes, he beat even Fuminori from Saya no Uta for fucked up protagonist. Hanachirasu isn't as dark as Kikokugai though, it has a damn crazy humor in it.

http://s.vndb.org/cv/81/17081.jpg

The Second Reproduction - It's an otome game where the story is told from the perspective of the female MC. It's quite good and Christina is lovely. Recommended. Also, skip Jin's route and his Valentine's epilogue because he's a terrible person and his route isn't written by the main writer either, so what the heck.

http://s.vndb.org/cv/69/469.jpg

Period - Good romantic story combined with Oyari's gorgeous art. Miyu's route sucks badly, but you've to complete her route to unlock Asahi's route, so ctrl-skip it. Yukina's is bad too, so don't read it. The only good routes worth readings are Tsuzumi, Asahi, Kohane, and Aoi. Rin's route is boring so don't bother unless her character appeals to your taste.

http://s.vndb.org/cv/17/8817.jpg

Dangan Ronpa Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - It has mini-games. This murder-mystery VN is also a good material for some light reading. The story is decent, and the whole cast has colorful personality that makes character's interaction pretty lively and enjoyable, even when some of them are so fucking retarded. It's a PSP VN, so if you want to play on PC, use PPSSPP emulator.

Anime

Watch all of these anime if you're a cool guy.

Manga

Battle Royale - One of my favorites. Read it!

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

After all the suggestions Gerard and others gave, there is not much to say except: welcome!

Hmm, I'm a newbie here so intros are probably in order:

I'm Dimm, 21 for year, I live in the States.

I live as a student and a blue-collared worker.

Favorite manga would probably be the only one I've read: KamiNomi, anime would probably be the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (yes even though it had that suffer-able Endless Eight).

Complete beginner in the eroge field.

I can be considered smart, but don't be fooled, I just appear to be.

Nice to meet y'all.

Hmm, I'm a newbie here so intros are probably in order:

I'm Dimm, 21 for year, I live in the States.

I live as a student and a blue-collared worker.

Favorite manga would probably be the only one I've read: KamiNomi, anime would probably be the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (yes even though it had that suffer-able Endless Eight).

Complete beginner in the eroge field.

I can be considered smart, but don't be fooled, I just appear to be.

Nice to meet y'all.

Welcome! Hope you'll have a good time here, getting into VNs and all. Does complete beginner = not a single title finished? Well, no matter.

Recommendations for VNs have been mentioned all over the place already, so I won't get into that myself here... Unless maybe you're looking for something specific, but guessing you aren't.