Which Visual Novel Would You Like to Read?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which Visual Novel Would You Like to Read?

• Ayakashibito
    • Galaxy Angel
    • Hanachirasu

Alright guys, there's still a bit left in February to finish reading up Noble Works but the voting for March begins now. February was a bit of a disappointment though. We had a surprising 28 people vote but only like 9 people actually posted in the discussion thread. That's less than the amount of people that actually voted for the game, so let's clear some shit up.

• Don't vote for a game you've recently finished. Chances are you aren't going to reread it so soon.
  • Don't vote if you're not going to discuss the game. No reason to screw up our results if you're not gonna participate.

There's probably some other stuff I should complain about too but I'll do that as I remember. Also, voting is public from now on so everyone will make fun of you if you vote and don't read.

This month's lucky nominators are myself, Pasa, and Cynicade.

Ayakashibito: https://vndb.org/v646

8760.jpg

In face of human technological advancement during the Meiji Restoration, the youkai of Japan were forced to make a hard decision:

1) To remain as youkai and watch over the land

2) To return to the netherworld

3) To give up their power and status as youkai and live amongst humans.

While there were some that chose otherwise, the majority of the youkai decided it was best to become human. It was tough, but as time passed these youkai were able to blend in with the human world and live peacefully amongst them.

However, blood is thicker than water. The offspring of these youkai displayed the powerful abilities of their ancestors in times of great anxiety, often manifesting in horrible and dangerous ways, and were labeled by society as monsters.

Officially their condition was named "Acquired Systemic Special Heredity variety Syndrome", or "ASSHS" for short and treated as a non-contagious illness, but the common people began to refer to them as Jinyous (half-youkai) nevertheless.

Of these Jinyous, most were sent to Kamizawa City: an isolated urban area walled off from the rest of Japan to keep all the Jinyous together and away from the human population. However, the ones that were deemed especially dangerous were sent to a medical facility on an uncharted island near the shores of Japan where they would be under constant surveillance.

Takabe Ryouichi was one of those who were sent to said island at the age of five. This is a story about him along with the girl called Suzu, his only friend on the island, escaping to Kamizawa city to live a normal life. What they didn’t expect was that Suzu carried a secret that attracted much unwanted attention…

Galaxy Angel: https://vndb.org/v860

16976.jpg

Galaxy Angels are from the "Special Guardian Division" and they work closely with the "Imperial Special Guards" and the "Satellite Defense Teams". They are the guardians of the White Moon, the sacred planet of the Transbaal Empire, and the personal protectors of the White Moon Goddess Shatoyan. The story begins with Prince Eonia attempting a take over of the Transbaal Empire with the aid of the mysterious Black Moon, counterpart to the White Moon. To counter Prince Eonia, the Angel-tai along with their flagship the Elsior are placed in the hands of the kind and ever-capable Commander Takuto Meyers.

Hanachirasu: https://vndb.org/v430

4481.jpg

A story of revenge.

Hanachirasu is set in a parallel timeline where nuclear weaponry was never developed. As such, Japan continued to fight through World War II, ending aggressions only when Hokkaido and Kyushu were occupied by Russia and America, respectively.

The game itself takes place in early 21st century Tokyo, which has been transformed into a haven for Japanese culture thanks to the nationalistic ideals of the charismatic Ishima Kaigen. Strict policies are in place in to enforce a ban upon firearms within the city limits. Thus, though terrorism and power struggles run rampant, swordplay, not gunfire, claims the lives of those not powerful to stake out their claims here.

Our protagonist is one Takeda Akane, a swordsman driven by a desire to face his one true rival, Igarasu Yoshia. What will stand in his path to his goal?

Previous Threads:

February 2016 - Noble Works https://erogegames.com/eroge-visual-novels/eroge-general-talk/4230-vn-reading-club-february-2016-noble-works/

im voting for Ayakashibito since GA looked meh and Hanachirasu's style of text over all the shet annoys me like it does in any vn that does that.

rah, add their EG links for lazy ppl :D

We're just voting for now. I can add the EG links in the actual discussion thread once we know which VN was won.

If I can pick one I will also go for Ayakashibito, but for now I won't vote because I think I will drop out of the next VN reading...

Currently I'm on the very last few scenes in the current route of Noble Works, but as I mentioned before I wanna try out the other routes too

So instead of barely finishing the game in time and then jump into the next one instantly, I will withdraw and enjoy more of Noble Works' other routes...

~