I'm not going to lie, I really had fun with KoiChoco. Let me say that it is far from perfect; Chisato can get on your nerves, one route in particular is especially underwhelming and I feel like they could have gone deeper with a few of the other routes that would have provided a more solid story. That said, for what it is, very fun. If you like SoL with a dash of drama, definitely recommended. Plus the art is a highlight, and its music repertoire (although a little limited) is quite good as well.

If nothing else, just play it for Satsuki :p Best girl. You could always be a filthy pirate, see if you like it and then buy it if you do later.

Edited by Chocolatemilkgod
I'm not going to lie, I really had fun with KoiChoco. Let me say that it is far from perfect; Chisato can get on your nerves, one route in particular is especially underwhelming and I feel like they could have gone deeper with a few of the other routes that would have provided a more solid story. That said, for what it is, very fun. If you like SoL with a dash of drama, definitely recommended. Plus the art is a highlight, and its music repertoire (although a little limited) is quite good as well.

If nothing else, just play it for Satsuki :p Best girl. You could always be a filthy pirate, see if you like it and then buy it if you do later.

It's not about the money, it's more about time, I don't have much of it lately. Guess I will just wait for Choukou Sennin Haruka, worst case scenario it should still be a fun game to play, and it will go for MG.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a different opinion. I think it was really good. The first route is the best route. Chisato is not annoying, she is a important character with regards to the protagonist and i think the writers were too lazy and wrote off her interactions in other routes. The other routes are okayish, the characters are more nuanced than your average VN story. I think the best part of this VN was the voice actors, they were excellent (especially chisato during mifuyu's route). The plot is..well...good. Its predictable, but good. There is only one abnormal route, but the rest are pretty normal and believable. The protagonist isn't that great, he's as clueless and dense as protagonists comes and has his twisted logic for his inability to resolve or understand most situations. It's the heroines of the story that make it great. I want to see a fandisc with non chan senpai's route..she was so sweet..especially when she craves ojima rolls. And of course, the music and art is great. I rate it 8.5/10.

The main problems(for me) were - 1) sex scenes were misplaced/random 2) scenes you can't skip through that proceed on slow autoplay 3) ridiculous plot in one particular route 4) weak protagonist

Edited by pramit