I have a question, do any of the games on erogedownload (or erogegames) contains virus's? I downloaded Huniepop and I am kinda nervous and paranoid? I've seen others recommend this site but I am just kinda paranoid about system security.

Thank you.

While not an admin here, I downloaded all my VNs from this site, and I assure you no virus included, not even any suspicious files. Stuff you download from here are pretty straightforward, some even come with guides. However do note that these files are hosted on other websites, which might include pop-ups and ads on your browser (you know, those annoying ad windows that appear whenever you click on a button...). Those, if handled incorrectly, will have a higher chance of giving you viruses.

http://i.imgur.com/47E4A5t.jpg

(this is usually where we download the files from, depending if you paid or use the free option. I know for a fact that using the free option, without Adblock on the site, bring up a bunch of ad windows.)

So to be safe, just close those ad windows down and don't engage with any of the ads. Or, have Adblock (which have its own downside, hurting the economy). But then again, most of us here download games instead of buying them anyway, so feel free to get the add-on if you want.

~

Edited by kn1000a

As the others previously mentioned, this site's VNs don't have viruses. If ever your anti-virus detects a "virus" from a game you downloaded from this site, it is most likely a false positive. Some games here use cracks in order for them to work properly. Those cracks are usually the ones that trigger your anti-virus. These are false positives.