make a word game

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NEVER!!!!!!

(I wonder when when some ones gonna use the longest word in the english language. I think starts with V... I can't remember lol.)

It depends what you define as a "word". If it can be chemical names,

Titin

is the longest.

The longest word in any of the major English language dictionaries is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, a word that refers to a lung disease contracted from the inhalation of very fine silica particles, specifically from a volcano; medically, it is the same as silicosis. The word was deliberately coined to be the longest word in English, and has since been used in a close approximation of its originally intended meaning, lending at least some degree of validity to its claim.

The longest non-technical word in major dictionaries is flocci*nauci*nihili*pili*fication at 29 letters. Consisting of a series of Latin words meaning "nothing" and defined as "the act of estimating something as worthless"; its usage has been recorded as far back as 1741.

You get the idea.

Whoops,

"The text that you have entered is too long (192727 characters). Please shorten it to 30000 characters long."

I'll put a link instead.