From reading the comments on the games page Majikoi S | Eroge Download

It seemed to me it was a common problem. Plus, a screen shot wouldn't help in the slighest considering the only thing it said in a human language would be 'config.html' and it happened after choosing the installation location.

While this isn't my ss, it's the similar problem I'm having.

http://imgur.com/Jm86G0s.jpg

This would be the error.

I saw different ways of helping to get passed this issue like doing the directx install and then do the set up (despite already having the latest directx my OS can have) but that didn't help. There was also the downloading of the crack but I assume that's only to start the game and when you have it already installed, so that wont do. And considering all the VNs i've played, I have the location set to japan (though I'm unable to select the other option in regional/languages due to this not being a legit windows). I also should note that I have windows XP as my OS.

Have you tried to change the install location to a different drive (Drive D: for example)?

Hmm, I haven't but will changing the drives actually do anything? Well, I know some files/games won't work unless moved to the program files so I guess it's worth an attempt in any case.