Playing Seinarukana -The Spirit of Eternity Sword 2- in full screen mode.

I'm having difficult playing Seinarukana -The Spirit of Eternity Sword 2- in full screen mode.

I downloaded all the parts to my external USB HDD and extracted the .rar files to the same external USB HDD. When I started the game the first time I got as far as the title screen and the game appeared to be running normally. I switched the game to full screen mode and lost all graphics only to be looking at a black screen. The config menu still seemed to be open and I could still see the mouse pointer, but I had no visuals.

I used "Alt + Enter" to return to windowed mode, then closed the program. I then proceeded to right click the .exe file the starts the program, selected properties, switched to the "compatibility" tab, and checked the box for the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" option because doing so had fixed multiple problems with other games in full screen mode before. (Note I have a monitor that uses a 1280 x 1024 resolution which is neither a 4:3 nor 16:9 aspect ratio).

I'm still suffering from the same black screen issue. Does anybody have any ideas about how to fix this?

Had this happen to me whenever I set it to fullscreen for the first time. Quick fix is to simply alt-tab out and then go back, might have to toggle fullscreen again but it resolves pretty quick.

Also not sure how common the issue is, but if you have problems where the game gives a weird error with a number and refuses to start all of a sudden, for me this was caused by a registry key that is created if I closed the game in windowed mode. Just search for the game's install directory in regedit and find a key in a folder something like Direct3DMaximizedWindowMode or something like that (paraphrasing from memory) and delete it, will fix that problem. To avoid it just try to set the game to fullscreen before closing it I guess, if you happen to be susceptible. Apparently Yumina the Ethereal had the same problem for some people.