Which fansub group do you prefer the most?

Tons of fansub group sprouting like crazy these days, i just want to know your opinion about which fansub you like the most to translate your favorite anime, well there's so many to choose, to avoid further confusion, i think i'll just post something here..

*I kind of want to watch Maken-ki recently, and since the BDs already out in Japan, i think there will be someone who willingly translate it for us. They said Kira-fansub will have its own Maken ki BD, but this Final8 fansub released Maken-ki already, i don't know about this fansub so if you knew something about the quality or something, please share here.

okay if we accidentally talk about anime, please don't leak any spoiler okay, judge anime by good or bad, it's just out there there must certain someone who doesn't really enjoy being spoiled.. :D

Thanks for the help.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I want Doki fansubs to translate Tomoyo After rite now.. :(

If they do, then they are my favorite.

Doki did nice for most of the anime they did, well and i completely am trusting them for most of my anime source, wait a minute, Tomoyo After, it is an Eroge right?

I use Commie Subs, Doki, GotWoot, and Hadena

I use a few since I'm watching different kinds of anime, but these are the ones I mainly use besides HorribleSubs which doesn't count since they just use Crunchyroll rips which I prefer to avoid since they don't do the opening and ending themes.

I use Commie Subs, Doki, GotWoot, and Hadena

I use a few since I'm watching different kinds of anime, but these are the ones I mainly use besides HorribleSubs which doesn't count since they just use Crunchyroll rips which I prefer to avoid since they don't do the opening and ending themes.

ah Righ i forgot that each Fansub group has its own (sometimes) anime release, SGKK do bleach, but Chihiro don't, yeah i am using a lot as well. since i'm watching different kind of anime too.. well and still using horriblesubs for Bleach

I like all fansub groups

Same, except about two groups which names I've forgotten.

well i saw some people who is avoiding using some fansub, since fansub has their own way on doing an anime, and several fans don't like, it's like choosing shop i think, we don't want to buy a certain bread in a certain shop, yet some people don't care where they buy their bread.. something like that

Doki did nice for most of the anime they did, well and i completely am trusting them for most of my anime source, wait a minute, Tomoyo After, it is an Eroge right?

Yup, normally they translate anime, but they are translating the eroge Tomoyo After aswell, since it has been dropped already by other translation groups.

Almost all animes I download are from HorribleSubs, they translate every anime series I watch.

For your information, Horriblesubs doesn't translate Anime.

They get the Crunchyroll Release, change the font, and then release it on their page, to piss them off.

You can even find that information on their page.

I will watch most any fansub group as long as their raw isn't from something like Animenetwork, PP, or some other half assed Raw... Since I am living in the US now (... yeah... the US...) I can no longer turn on the Television to watch it as it airs...

As for what I recommend? I prefer Mazui, Hadena, Coalgirls and Commie. Best quality, encodes and fonts.

Well...I'm ok with almost any...but I do like that they don't use too flashy letters or super goth fonts (I got poor vision...) I also like that they stay loyal to what the anime is really saying and don't change it to get it easy or in other cases changing the "onii-chan" for "big bro/brother"...I don't like that xD

And as for the ones that I like, I'm sure nobody here knows them, because those are fansubs in spanish but...meh: Wing Zero, Supremo, Kurotsuki and Athena no Seito :o

I like Doki, but they're so slow recently, I can't really use them for anything but BD releases. They keep dropping shows too. HorribleSubs are super-fast, so I use them for a lot of shows, but often replace shows subbed by them when BDs come out, or a better group finishes a batch. I wait for a lot of shows to finish airing so I can watch them all at once and with good subs; sometimes I wait until BDs come out for the extra episodes. Other groups I like are Commie, UTW, GotWoot, and Eclipse.

I prefer it when they use honorifics (-san, -chan, -kun, etc.) and things like Onii-chan because it really does make a difference in the way things come across and can show what kind of relationship they have.

Edited by Dan.
And as for the ones that I like, I'm sure nobody here knows them, because those are fansubs in spanish

I took Spanish in high school and sometimes the only subs I can find are Spanish, so I watch them and use my limited knowledge of Japanese together with limited knowledge of Spanish to figure out what's going on. But only when I can't find English subs, which happens a lot with older/less popular series with no seeders for the torrents, and dead links for English subbed versions.