What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people always say x VN so good must try ;*( /wrist

Well it is certainly true here with Ever17, Stàr. Why yes, the VN which iLT just finished is one of the finest translated VNs you can find today! A triumph in writing! A marvellous mystery VN filled to the brim with different sized twists and revelations! For someone who loves mysteries, it goes far and above just being good or great - it becomes something absolutely extraordinary. My favourite twist in any VN I've ever read can be found in there... But that's not so strange since it's my second most favourite VN aswell. It is in fact that good and should not be missed by anyone at all! Reading the true route equals having plenty of mindgasms. It is a real joy - AND YOU MUST READ IT STÀR!...

... Sorry. You know I wrote the above just to mess with you, but it's all actually true, so there you go!

Well it is certainly true here with Ever17, Stàr. Why yes, the VN which iLT just finished is one of the finest translated VNs you can find today! A triumph in writing! A marvellous mystery VN filled to the brim with different sized twists and revelations! For someone who loves mysteries, it goes far and above just being good or great - it becomes something absolutely extraordinary. My favourite twist in any VN I've ever read can be found in there... But that's not so strange since it's my second most favourite VN aswell. It is in fact that good and should not be missed by anyone at all! Reading the true route equals having plenty of mindgasms. It is a real joy - AND YOU MUST READ IT STÀR!...

... Sorry. You know I wrote the above just to mess with you, but it's all actually true, so there you go!

I couldnt put it any better than you did , Harle. Muv Luv Alternative is still my favored VN , but ever17 has by the far better written twists , easily my second favored VN.

Finally finished Rewrite .Both Moon and Terra were well-made story and that ending is EPIC .It become my favorite VN now(muv-luv alternative was in that position before) .

Also finally understand that Alien song. Just hard-to-listen Japanese song(guess I still have a long way to go in learning Japanese xD )

Everyone who like Nakige should play it when the translation finished .

Gonna feel hollow for a while (T_T) .

That's like not reading Refrain or the g-senjou epilogue

B-But I read haru's route~

It's true that I didn't read refrain though, the character routes were too bad for giving me the motivation for reading refrain. As for ever17, I couldn't stand the protagonists nor the heroines and so I ended up not playing the true route.

Finished Canvas 2 yesterday. Not a bad VN.. I thought it was a nice change of pace after finishing up something very story heavy, like F/SN. Loli/Writer and Songtress/Sumire routes were awful. The rest ranged from not bad to very good. I definitely recommend to save Tomoko for last. I thought she definitely had the best route and she was pretty much my favorite character. One thing that people may or may not like is the fact that the protagonist seems to have a different personality in each route. I wouldn't say he has a COMPLETELY different personality, but you definitely see different attitude changes in a few of the routes.

Some of my problems with the protag:

[spoiler=SumireRoute]Absolute dick throughout this route. He pretty much stalks her and then tells her not to see him... he makes pretty much no sense in this route. I mean, it was a terrible route as it was, but him acting like that really didn't help out much.

[spoiler=GeneralSpoiler]Yagani is a dick. He stole his childhood friend's painting and ruined his career... yet, the protag quickly forgives him once they are reunited... and a few minutes after that, Yagani quickly asks Kiri to marry him... WTF? Why would you forgive this douche for ruining your life that quickly... just a grip I had

Recommendation: Loli and Songtress routes are terrible. Tomoko for last. Cousin Incest.

okay after weeks of being lazy and not wanting to read because i hate Kuwagata so f'cking much i finally finished Swan Song -_-

i wont do a review since i know Desi is reading it and he seems more qualified to review ^.^

this was a tough one for me since this was the first visual novel i read that had quite a few walls of text to read through but i toughed it out and endured...

the story was good imo and the pace of the story felt right for me. i liked how the flashbacks they used for Tsukasa and Yuka you get to see how they were affected each other after that encounter especially Yuka. there were quite a few fucked up moments in here but it has to be expected in a apocalyptic setting. i played through most of the bad endings not all of them i didnt feel like it. the normal ending was beyond fucked up i think everyone died in the town except for Yuka right(well it hints that she kills herself if Tsukasa dies? the normal ending seemed like the right way to end the story even if its sad as fuck the good ending was eeh okay but after reading the normal ending it doesnt sound as good.

oh and a few questions/last comments i have:

how exactly did Tsukasa injure his hand? i dont think it said during the flashback or in the present time? Seriously Tanomura is a fucking beast when he needs to be lol...but why the fuck did he just leave the school when he kicked Kuwagata and his goons asses? he could have PREVENTED ALOT if he stayed and told the truth about who killed Hidan... oh and that mysterious guy that appears i think in the beginning and toward the end who was in the igloo watching from the sidelines was he suppose to be important to the story or what? okay one last thing, this concerns the ending of the normal ending: after Yuka reveals her true self and all if i was Tsukasa in my last moments dying i would be asking her why she left the competition they entered when they were kids and why just my opinion though i think it would have added a little more drama and revealing to the story. i still like Yuka even after her revelation

so yeah finished Swan Song and yet another part of me died with it ending i gave it a 8/10 on vndb ^_^

oh and i finished Brass Restoration A LONG TIME AGO but i didnt want to post it until i finished swan song lol

i wont say much about but i really liked it he drama was satisfyingly good :rolleyes: my favourite route was Yoshine's route i thought it had a nice balance to drama/romance and those back and forth problems with the protag and yoshine were good too. i read minori's route as well but it felt subpar compared to Yoshine's and i was looking foward to minori the most since she was the childhood friend :( so yeah i can get swept away from the cute childhood friend it seems... =/ didnt do the other routes, tried to but after the brilliant read of the awesome Yoshine my heart was for her only :o so i gave it a 8/10 too, would have been great if it had voice acting

Edited by udizzle

oh and a few questions/last comments i have:

how exactly did Tsukasa injure his hand? i dont think it said during the flashback or in the present time? Seriously Tanomura is a fucking beast when he needs to be lol...but why the fuck did he just leave the school when he kicked Kuwagata and his goons asses? he could have PREVENTED ALOT if he stayed and told the truth about who killed Hidan... oh and that mysterious guy that appears i think in the beginning and toward the end who was in the igloo watching from the sidelines was he suppose to be important to the story or what? okay one last thing, this concerns the ending of the normal ending: after Yuka reveals her true self and all if i was Tsukasa in my last moments dying i would be asking her why she left the competition they entered when they were kids and why just my opinion though i think it would have added a little more drama and revealing to the story. i still like Yuka even after her revelation

he injured his hand in a accident, when he tried to return the costume or something(in the competition). The part where his father tells him he threw his piano for a girl. all this was explained in the story

oh and that mysterious guy that appears i think in the beginning and toward the end who was in the igloo watching from the sidelines was he suppose to be important to the story or what?

yea he was a part of the mystery surrounding the character tsukasa, and also contributed to the overall scenario, or maybe just to inspire creepiness. I have read this a long time, so my apologies if the answer is not up to your expectations. There's a certain charm about tsukasa, he's not like the others, the way his character is portrayed and the inner workings of his mind(musical genius), it is amazing

i wont do a review since i know Desi is reading it and he seems more qualified to review ^.^

you should do a review anyway, if you feel like :D "skill" doesn't really matter. don't be afraid, just write whatever your comfortable with

i liked all the characters except the big guy(the one with perfect physique, laid back attitude). Imo, he was the worst of the 4. Its like comparing silver with gold

Edited by pramit

he injured his hand in a accident, when he tried to return the costume or something(in the competition). The part where his father tells him he threw his piano for a girl. all this was explained in the story

yea he was a part of the mystery surrounding the character tsukasa, and also contributed to the overall scenario, or maybe just to inspire creepiness. I have read this a long time, so my apologies if the answer is not up to your expectations. There's a certain charm about tsukasa, he's not like the others, the way his character is portrayed and the inner workings of his mind(musical genius), it is amazing

you should do a review anyway, if you feel like :D "skill" doesn't really matter. don't be afraid, just write whatever your comfortable with

i liked all the characters except the big guy(the one with perfect physique, laid back attitude). Imo, he was the worst of the 4. Its like comparing silver with gold

i mean how did he injure it? i know he was in a taxi and returning the dress he borrowed, it said something that dress was being blown out the window or something and bam it goes back to him and his dad

but im not a good reviewr ;-; i rather not...

i mean how did he injure it? i know he was in a taxi and returning the dress he borrowed, it said something that dress was being blown out the window or something and bam it goes back to him and his dad

but im not a good reviewr ;-; i rather not...

er..maybe i read it wrong, but i thought he was running to give her the dress and that he was struck by a car(taxi?), or at least got into some sort of accident involving a vehicle

just finished playing sharin no kuni himawari no shoujo, and as for what I think about it, Its just so damn awesome, when i finished it as if there was a hole left inside me.

I really thank desi for recommending the game to me~~

hahaha

Glad to see you enjoyed it. I would also recommend playing the fandisc and doing Houzuki's route to complete your journey. It's well worth it.

just finished playing sharin no kuni himawari no shoujo, and as for what I think about it, Its just so damn awesome, when i finished it as if there was a hole left inside me.

I really thank desi for recommending the game to me~~

hahaha

Glad to see you enjoyed it. I would also recommend playing the fandisc and doing Houzuki's route to complete your journey. It's well worth it.

Yes, Ari approves of playing the fandisc straightaway for Houzuki's route! (it's very, very good and should not be missed)

Just beware of the girl routes on the fandisc. Don't do what I did and try playing those first. No, go through Houzuki's route entirely. After that you can decide whether you want to bother with the other routes or not. They are not very exciting...

Edited by Harlequin
what's with these damn typos?
Yes, Ari approves of playing the fandisc straightaway for Houzuki's route! (it's very, very good and should not be missed)

Just beware of the girl routes on the fandisc. Don't do what I did and try playing those first. No, go through Houzuki's route entirely. After that you can decide whether you want to bother with the other routes or not. They are not very exciting...

Hm, my main reason for the fandisc was called Ririko :D But you are right, Houzuki's route is much better regarding tension and action.