What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

Finally got around to Sharin no Kuni. It's true, the ending isn't quite as good as G-Senjou, but it's still probably one of my favorite VNs at this point. The twists at the end were especially interesting. 9/10

And since we're on the subject, Moon/Terra>Akane>Lucia>Kotori/Chihaya>Shizuru.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished Cross Channel in roughly a day. 7.5/10

I found myself comparing it to E17 throughout for some reason, probably because they have

almost similar themes

Was quite annoying being unable to skip through bits that were exactly the same,

just on a different week

Other than that, it was my first serious VN in a while and I thoroughly enjoyed it :)

So i finally got around to finishing MLA, and boy... what can i say that hasn't already been said before? It was a great VN, My experience was probably like most first-time readers, the shock value i recieved throughout the story (since i read no spoilers prior.) was probably the highest of any vn i've played so far, it's almost like they were trying to give you PTSD along with the protag. However in contrast with most people's opinions i've read regarding the ending, i had no qualms about it after all those depressing events, that ray of sunshine at the end was much needed (for me at least) as such i'm eagerly awaiting Altered Fables translation completion, some may not be looking forward to AF but I for one am.

So i finally got around to finishing MLA, and boy... what can i say that hasn't already been said before? It was a great VN, My experience was probably like most first-time readers, the shock value i recieved throughout the story (since i read no spoilers prior.) was probably the highest of any vn i've played so far, it's almost like they were trying to give you PTSD along with the protag. However in contrast with most people's opinions i've read regarding the ending, i had no qualms about it after all those depressing events, that ray of sunshine at the end was much needed (for me at least) as such i'm eagerly awaiting Altered Fables translation completion, some may not be looking forward to AF but I for one am.

*thumbs up* :D

And I definitely agree with you about the ending. I really liked it as well and felt it was appropriate... but yes, many others think the opposite I suppose.

Finished Cross Channel in roughly a day. 7.5/10

I found myself comparing it to E17 throughout for some reason, probably because they have

a somewhat similar structure

Let's phrase it like this :)

And lol, this is one of the rare times that I can say that someone here gave a score similar to mine to something (7, that by my standards seems to be fucking amazing, I gave more only to Kara no Shoujo -7.5- and Steins;Gate -8-).

To all people, especially those who have yet to read it (free rant inside): imo CC is a valid vn as a whole, even after taking in consideration the downsides; Tanaka is sui generis, so his works are the "love or hate" kind of stuff and the funny thing about it is that one can -should- form his opinion about the story only after the very end... by my experience I can say that I found myself thinking about it -and rethinking it- quite a lot for several days after I finished it, to estimate the value of what I read and the work that Tanaka did with his narration. If you read around the web you'll find a lot of people saying that CC is the best vn ever, that he's a genius and stuff, and obviously people that say that he sucks to balance or because they genuinely think so. More the former, like usual; without love or hate I'd say that he's basically very capable but also inconstant and his being sui generis involves a fair share of bullshits, the type that's good but could be considerably better; to those who think the same, or simply like him, I strongly recommend his Jinrui wa Suitaishimashita (there's an anime adptation and is good).

Edited by Uzuki Sepia

Just finished Moogy's newly translated Dra+Koi. It was short, unvoiced and has its plot developments coming out of the blue, but the overall vibe was pretty ROMANTIC. Exactly what the story aimed for. The good end was very cliched but it never fails to deliver the feels that come from such situations. Moogy dropped the f-bomb left and right in this translation, making the protagonist into a pissed-off, angsty teenager, not a tsundere if the tags in VNDB are to be believed. But the deredere heroine was very cute (even if she has big boobs). I give it a 6/10.

And the mother was quite messed up. Seriously. What the hell was that?

Now to play NitroWars. :D

I also just recently finished minna daisuki, and i enjoyed it, it was definetly not the most plot-driven vn i've ever read, but even without that it still managed to make me smile here and there with it's innocence and i really adored some of the children, the cuteness meter was off the charts. The heroines weren't too bad, the only one i really disliked was imari, she acted like more of a child then her actual child.

Just finished Yukie's route in Majikoi and I'm waiting for Miyako's. Seeing as how the last update was 3 months ago, things aren't looking too good. I've been impulsively checking the translation status every hour so, hoping for an update.

You should definitly adjust your reading speed or otherwise you'll run out of translated visual novels in no time.

That already holds true to me, I timed myself in FSN and I can't believe I had it finished within 4 nights. And that's with Realta Nua (which really isn't that long when added in, but I tend to listen to the whole voiced sentence before going to the next). Finished Dra+Koi in one sitting, now I'm in VN limbo (although I STILL have SDHQ unread and installed but unmotivated to open as of yet).

That already holds true to me, I timed myself in FSN and I can't believe I had it finished within 4 nights. And that's with Realta Nua (which really isn't that long when added in, but I tend to listen to the whole voiced sentence before going to the next). Finished Dra+Koi in one sitting, now I'm in VN limbo (although I STILL have SDHQ unread and installed but unmotivated to open as of yet).

actually..ignore SDHQ >.>

i dont even remember it was in my pc..

untilli decided to clean up some space last week......

btw..you guys cant be reading faster than me >.>

i mean..i already clear most of the translated VN here..

expect OELVN(somehow dont seem to suit my taste except KS) some otomes and the blacklisted shit >>>

I'm not in the mood for nukiges most of the time, so most VNs from JAST or MG I still haven't touched. The dark ones like Bible Black and Dustmania turn me off (sorry, just can't stomach them) and as ulti said, OELVNs, Otomes and BL stuff are also out. I think I still have a long way to go to read all translated VNs but right now I have nothing interested in. Might pick up KID's Infinity series or Liar-soft's Steampunk series, if I can get around to it. I've already cleared most of the epic titles save for the aforementioned ones and Nitro+ games. Maybe that was a bad idea, I really should have mixed in more nukiges to dampen my expectations.

I'm not in the mood for nukiges most of the time, so most VNs from JAST or MG I still haven't touched. The dark ones like Bible Black and Dustmania turn me off (sorry, just can't stomach them) and as ulti said, OELVNs, Otomes and BL stuff are also out. I think I still have a long way to go to read all translated VNs but right now I have nothing interested in. Might pick up KID's Infinity series or Liar-soft's Steampunk series, if I can get around to it. I've already cleared most of the epic titles save for the aforementioned ones and Nitro+ games. Maybe that was a bad idea, I really should have mixed in more nukiges to dampen my expectations.

skip that steam punks..

just grab some nice titles...like..those in my above 6 range

Edited by ultimecea

Have you already finished Higurashi+Umineko then? They're goddamn awesome on so many levels. You might just get hooked big time like me.

But yes, the Infinity series and the Liar-soft titles are really great as well for sure. Don't forget 999 also on the NDS! Easy to miss since it's not a PC title. Just grab an emulator and a rom of the game. 999 has the same writer (Kotaro Uchikoshi) as Ever17 and most of those other Infinity VNs, so yea, it's a must play.

Edited by Harlequin

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I might look into those 07th expansion VNs Harle, I've heard so much hype about them.

Here's a list of the ones in my HDD, read, unread, unfinished and some non-VNs I'm too lazy to remove from the list, posted in another thread.

OMA, as for Otomes and BL games, I'll leave them to my imouto, she enjoys them, although they kinda weird me out.

Edited by evollove
>.>

so???

this came into my mind when i think of LIARSOFT just now

Yes, so steampunk...

Weren't Forest a game made with the money robbed from some kid piggybank it would be... well', it's too snob to be a really top-tier vn but it would be great nonetheless. In the previous page I talked about how Tanaka is sui generis and stuff and yes, I know too well that Forest is even more so, but don't make it sound like it's shit because is surely better than most of the stuff you rated higher.

p.s. you gave it a 7, so I wouldn't even think that you disliked it, but your words don't match (?)

That said, I think a vn with the quality level of Sharnoth is very recommendable, and a bit less but Inganock too (I'm not talking about the story, just to be clear).

Yes, so steampunk...

Weren't Forest a game made with the money robbed from some kid piggybank it would be... well', it's too snob to be a really top-tier vn but it would be great nonetheless. In the previous page I talked about how Tanaka is sui generis and stuff and yes, I know too well that Forest is even more so, but don't make it sound like it's shit because is surely better than most of the stuff you rated higher.

p.s. you gave it a 7, so I wouldn't even think that you disliked it, but your words don't match (?)

That said, I think a vn with the quality level of Sharnoth is very recommendable, and a bit less but Inganock too (I'm not talking about the story, just to be clear).

well..its not that i like or hate it..

just that forest might be too confusing for some people..

thats why i ask him to skip it first..with FOREST came in my mind when i think of liar soft