What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

One in particular I found completely stupid is that when Yuuko offers you gun and ask if you want to shot her the choices are basically "no" and "not really".

Then again you can't blame a fella considering the prequel did actually have choices.

It just implies that he grew out of his usual teen angst bullshit and has learn to deal with it through his trauma , so that sort of thing seems petty to him by the end ergo those 2 "choices".

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ef

Sumika's seiyuu = sex. Favorite chapters in this were definitely the ones with Yuuko and Yuu. Great story.

And

I chose this VN cause I wanted something lighthearted and funny

Probably a bad choice indeed lol. Still, you read a really solid VN.

And a great end. I still can't believe how much the anime destroyed the last chapter.

Should I even bother with the the anime? I saw the OP on youtube and quit ahead of time after watching Yuu play the violin (this was the first season OP).

Should I even bother with the the anime? I saw the OP on youtube and quit ahead of time after watching Yuu play the violin (this was the first season OP).

IMO, it's still a good anime. The thing they messed up on in melodies is how they handled [spoiler=EfMajorspoiler][Yuuko's death scene.]

But I still enjoyed Memories & Melodies overall.

Edited by desi
The thing they messed up on in melodies is how they handled...

This and they also destroyed the ending scene. I wouldn't go as far as saying that the anime is a waste of time but you won't enjoy it anymore after having finished the game. I luckily watched the anime before starting my visual novel journey and what the heck, I enjoyed it as well.

Oh, and I finally finished Period after having it stalled on and off for a while. I enjoyed it overall. The Protag is one of the most relatable guys out there (at least for me).. it's rare because you don't usually get good protags in love story type VNs, but Mitsuki is pretty cool. As far as the routes are concerned, some are of course better than others. I would probably just say Miyu's route was lacking in quality and is the only one I would probably consider a "bad" route. I didn't like her character much to begin with. The rest are in the "fine" to "pretty good" category with some criticisms like in Yukina's route [spoiler=Yukina]Didn't really like the loli h-scene thing.. seemed like tacked on fan-service and happened too fast

I know some people do skip out on his particular VN because of the art, but Oyari's art in a lot of the scenes is really nice. Oh, and you'll be disappointed if you're looking for boobs.. because they are nowhere to be found. The music is good and rememberable, but not a lot of tracks to distinguish from. But yeah, overall i would say this VN is in the 7.5 - 8 range.

Period - The Protag is one of the most relatable guys - you'll be disappointed if you're looking for boobs.. because they are nowhere to be found - music is good and rememberable - overall i would say this VN is in the 7.5 - 8 range

Sounds good to me and you even gave it more points than Quartett, a game which I actually enjoyed quite a bit and so I'll most likely enjoy Period as well. Also, I just took a quick look at the vndb entry and how many heroines does the game actually have?

As for myself, well, I'm working on Higurashi right now. I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish the game until next weekend but I'll try. Although there are stikk 4 1/2 chapters left to read. And I'm not even sure if I'll give the game a score because I started to play it 10 months ago but somehow ended up stalling it again and again. Well, we'll see.

I just took a quick look at the vndb entry and how many heroines does the game actually have?

Lol, not sure if this was a rhetorical question or not, but 8 heroines if you count Koto. Koto's route is pretty short, so people may or may not count her as a heroine.

Quartett, a game which I actually enjoyed quite a bit and so I'll most likely enjoy Period as well.

Yeah, this is hard to say.. I thought the routes were better in Period, but the presentation was just awesome in Quartett. You may or may not like it better.. only one way to find out.

As for myself, well, I'm working on Higurashi right now.

You're using the good art patch with that, right? Speaking of good art patches, Umitweak is most likely going to come out near this weekend as well.. so look forward to that.

You're using the good art patch with that, right? Speaking of good art patches, Umitweak is most likely going to come out near this weekend as well.. so look forward to that.

Of course, I'm not a fan of hamfists after all. As for Umitweak, I'm basically reloading their site 4 times a day so I'll be probably one of the first persons who knows about the release. And yeah, I'm really looking foward to that patch and I really want to play more Umineko. I'm hopefully able to finish my other visual novels until then. Most likely not...

The rest are in the "fine" to "pretty good" category with some criticisms like in Yukina's route [spoiler=Yukina]Didn't really like the loli h-scene thing.. seemed like tacked on fan-service and happened too fast

Yukina and Tsuzumi probably should of had better fleshed out routes. I fell like they dropped the ball there.

Yukina and Tsuzumi probably should of had better fleshed out routes. I fell like they dropped the ball there.

i see....another person whom like both the weird route as well XD

but Rin and Kohane aint bad either~

and the Awesome ASAHI

finished umineko (chapter 1-4). Sound was really impressive, art not so much (its a sound novel, isn't it?). Story was really good, although it was a bit confusing at times

like sometimes, the pieces acted like they knew what happened in the last game. Or kinzo, how did he die in game 1. There are a few questions like that, and we can only speculate using magic or detective skills. Its what you can believe, and how twisted a human theory argument you can use to justify magic.

Pity it wasn't voiced, i would have liked to hear beatrice laugh or some of the insane dialogues :D

I haven't played higurashi, should i have done so before umineko?

going to download the next umineko chapters(Download english hentai games - Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru)

finished umineko (chapter 1-4). Sound was really impressive, art not so much (its a sound novel, isn't it?). Story was really good, although it was a bit confusing at times

like sometimes, the pieces acted like they knew what happened in the last game. Or kinzo, how did he die in game 1. There are a few questions like that, and we can only speculate using magic or detective skills. Its what you can believe, and how twisted a human theory argument you can use to justify magic.

Pity it wasn't voiced, i would have liked to hear beatrice laugh or some of the insane dialogues :D

I haven't played higurashi, should i have done so before umineko?

going to download the next umineko chapters(Download english hentai games - Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru)

pramit... haven't you checked this out at all English Question Arcs - Tweaking Umineko Wiki ? Voice patch, PS3 art patch, etc.

The patches for Chiru (Episodes 5-8) are coming VERY SOON as well.

And yes you should've started with Higurashi, in my opinion. If you wanna download Higurashi, take this: https://erogegames.com/eroge-visual-novels/eroge-general-talk/2779-what-some-good-horror-mystery-vns/#post52994

Edited by Harlequin

Finished reading the translated portion of Majikoi.

First of all, I need to praise the seiyuu cast. They are really awesome, unarguably all of them did a great job. I never skip the voices. The BGM is slightly above average, with nothing extraordinary or memorable.

I'm quite disappointed with the lack of CGs. There seems to be a handful of scenes where a CG would have made the visual better. Tachie looks superb and has a lot of variations befitting a quality visual novel. Overall, they are very expressive and are in a high quality level.

The protagonist, Naoe Yamoto, is among the best protagonist I've seen so far. He has an interesting personality and traits that make him different from the usual generic protagonist. There are minor flaws such as character inconsistencies in heroine route that went against his established character in the prologue, though that doesn't stop him from being my favorite protagonist alongside Morita Kenichi and Sakisaka Fuminori.

The main heroine was totally wonderful. Each of them has different unique personality with a strong chemistry with each other, providing an outstanding characters interaction. The supporting character was amazing too, and literally all of them has their own personality. I can't say the writer expand their role beyond the basic necessities, though, but since they did shine whenever they're required to be, I guess all is fine. Overall, it was a solid perfomances.

Prologue - 8/10 The lengthy prologue did an amazing job at setting up the storyline and introducing the characters, making the readers relate to them. The comedy and character interaction is pure gold. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Character Selection Phase - 1.5/5 Then here comes the character selection phase where you've to choose and click the character you want to interact with. Honestly, although I did get why they choose this method, it still can't stop me from hating it. The prologue has set up a really nice flow, and the character selection phase did nothing but broke it.

Listed according to the order I played them.

Momoyo Route - 9/10

I totally enjoyed this route. Everything was fucking epic right from the beginning until the near end. The final "drama" that came out of nowhere at the end is unneeded and completely out of place. I guess they wanted it to be funny, but it was just jarring and weird. Nevertheless, Yamato was awesome in here.

Momoyo After Story - Complete garbage.

Chris Route – 5/10

I honestly doesn't like her as a heroine. She's a great character but I just can't imagine her being a suitable heroine for Yamato. Her route was also the weakest of all, with great final conflict wasted into slapstick comedy, destroying any sense of anticipation. The horrible pacing and the stupid force feed "drama" at the end doesn't help either. There's only one memorable scene in her route for me, and it was in the form of a h-scene.

Chris doesn't have after story.

Mayucchi Route – 7/10

I like the first half of the story; it was really great. The latter half, however, was somewhat a train wreck. Fortunately, it still came out as enjoyable, with the redeeming factor being Norio Wakamoto splendid performance.

Mayucchi After Story - Dat ass.

Kazuko Route - 9/10

It has the same score as Momoyo route, but arguably, it was the best route in Majikoi. I love the overall plot and story progression. It might not have the same amount of comedic silliness and exaggeration as in Momoyo's route, but Wanko's route compensates by having a good character depth, something that Momoyo lacks on her own route, in my opinion. Overall, it has a stronger plot, and good pacing compares to the others. (And finally, a damn proper epilogue! What a pleasant surprise!) That onsen scene is awesome too.

However, there are quite a few things that I don't like, but it's a minor issues so I will not writes it here.

Kazuko After Story - Quite good.

Umeko Side Route – 4/5

I like the h-scene. :p

Overall - 8.5/10

It was a fairly great visual novel with an awesome character interaction and insane comedy, but it also has flaws such as the tendency to have an unnecessary "drama" at the end of routes and a somewhat formulaic story.

The protagonist, Naoe Yamoto, is among the best protagonist I've seen so far. He has an interesting personality and traits that make him different from the usual generic protagonist. There are minor flaws such as character inconsistencies in heroine route that went against his established character in the prologue, though that doesn't stop him from being my favorite protagonist alongside Morita Kenichi and Sakisaka Fuminori.

TOTALLY AGREED XD

Momoyo Route - 9/10

I totally enjoyed this route. Everything was fucking epic right from the beginning until the near end. The final "drama" that came out of nowhere at the end is unneeded and completely out of place. I guess they wanted it to be funny, but it was just jarring and weird. Nevertheless, Yamato was awesome in here.

Momoyo After Story - Complete garbage.

that final drama >.>

but..Usagi scene????

Mayucchi Route – 7/10

I like the first half of the story; it was really great. The latter half, however, was somewhat a train wreck. Fortunately, it still came out as enjoyable, with the redeeming factor being Norio Wakamoto splendid performance.

Mayucchi After Story - Dat ass.

i know....bout the 2nd part...

but...kokoro have a great appearance there >.>