What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently finished YU-NO and yep, it deserves at least a comment

I want to start praising what I liked the most about it: the characters.

I don't have a specific preference, I liked the cast as whole; listing why I'd say that I appreciated how their predicaments weren't strumentalized to create stories focused only on cheap melodrama, that even if they cracked a lot of stupid, lewd, funny jokes and puns their dialogues aren't the ones that you'll find in the usual mindless comedy and basically that they felt like characters, not speaking stains on the screen.

Also, the art surprised me because I didn't expect to end up liking something so old but I can't say the same of the OST... because I already knew that it was good :p

I liked the story and even if there were a couple of things that could have been explained more properly I don't mind; the characters' routes are good and overall they were able to make me empathisize with the protagonists, who more and who less, while the mistery was quite interesting. From the sci-fi point of view I suppose is at least fine, it's pretty well structured and the explanation aren't boring but some concepts are too much on the pure fantasy side for my tastes.

It's also well written, but I have some qualms with:

- the gameplay, way too invasive

- the amount of fanservice (though the h-scenes are short and the number isn't high at all)

- the last route: the first half is the only part of the game that is slow and quite lacking in substance, while in the second half

I didn't like Takuya fucking everything after the death of Sayless... Sala's scene aside, that is simply random, I still find difficult to cope with the other two even if you-know-what.

Overall is one of the best VNs I read until now and is quite high in my preferences too.

Just finished Dra†KoI.

Overall it was pretty good, I guess. Just a short, simple, sweet love story that keeps you interested all the way through. Kinda wish it was longer so they could've fleshed it out a bit more....

The H Scenes were pretty sweet. Really nice art, no weird cringe-worthy metaphors or similes, and they weren't overly long like so many H Scenes out there.

If you just want a quick VN to read with a decent story and some nice art, you should check it out.

I just finished Muvluv Alternative. Forgive me, because I am about to ramble, since I can only share my opinions with the community. Also, I'm sure there is nothing else that can be said about this eroge that hasn't been said.

This eroge, was incredible. A masterpiece in ever sense of the word. I went into this game after the first Muvluv not knowing what to expect, from my mixed reactions of Extra/Unlimited. Now that I have Finished Alternative, I regret thinking it wouldn't be amazing. Just the opening movie made me realize how wrong I was. Playing through, seeing Takeru able to show off in the beginning was so damn awesome to me. But of course, he wasn't prepared for everything life could throw at him.

Of course, the key scene that set the tone for the game, at least to me, was Marmio-chan's death. Maybe to everyone in fact. This is, will, always remain the most traumatic death scene in my life. I was not expecting it at all. Not one damn bit. Of course during the 12-5 incident, and after, I was sad. Sad things happened. But the most important thing in any form of entertainment is character development.

From Extra to Unlimited, you got to know her. Of course not as well as the main 6, but its still there. From school, the hot springs lol, then the sudden shift to Sergeant. She taught you in school life, and then ended up teaching you how to be a proper soldier. Then, continuing to Alternative, being able to show off, not need much training, the look of amazement on her face, it was so satisfying. Even though that worlds Marimo-chan wouldn't know it, she did her job well. She made you into a fine soldier, and the incredible acts you were able to pull off were because of her. Being able to become Captain's, emotional. Shes looking at her precious squad rise up. I was teary when you all thanked her, especially when Takeru called her Marimo-chan in that scene. After all you go through together, and when she comes to comfort you after the first invasion, it made me like her way more than I already did. So to have that happen, and shown clearly, which was a first for me in an eroge, it was too much. I couldn't even understand what happened at first when he turned to her legs. Honestly, since she finished admitting that she wet herself on her first mission as well, I kinda thought it happened again, the red color didnt register in my brain. Then, when it slowly scrolled up, and finally revealed what happened, I lost it.

The color drained from my face, I held my breath for a while, and when I finally let go, I couldnt control my breathing. It was hard, fast, I really thought I was going to have a heart at. I know, it sounds stupid, its only a game. But games get you real emotional. Brilliant writing make characters seem real, they have their own personalities. I felt it too hard for Marimo-chan. I stopped playing for almost a month after that scene, and would get recurring nightmares. I never cried before in a game/movie. I tear up at most. But that scene, I balled. I cried harder than I probably should of had. Clannad, people obsess, saying its the saddest thing in the world. While I liked the game, it didnt make me cry that hard, just teary. Alternative, I cried. I cried alot, from her death, until the end of the game, I cried at every scene. The game becomes an emotional roller coaster after Marimo-chan's death. Going back to your world, Marimo-chan dying yet again (poor dear), friends forgetting you, Sumika getting injured; it was such an emotional game. However, Marimo-chan's death will always be too emotional for me to handle. Even seeing Sumika's tentacle/mind rape scene, I was just shocked and cried slightly. I loved every moment of this eroge, and though I wasn't a big Sumika fan, and the fact that shes the main heroine, no questions, didn't bother me at all. I felt Takeru's love for her and with the powerful writing, I didn't mind not having other choices, not one bit.

TL;DR. I loved this game to death. The only problem for me, is I didn't want the game to end. I wish it could have been much longer. Perfect 10/10

I just finished Muvluv Alternative. Forgive me, because I am about to ramble, since I can only share my opinions with the community. Also, I'm sure there is nothing else that can be said about this eroge that hasn't been said.

This eroge, was incredible. A masterpiece in ever sense of the word. I went into this game after the first Muvluv not knowing what to expect, from my mixed reactions of Extra/Unlimited. Now that I have Finished Alternative, I regret thinking it wouldn't be amazing. Just the opening movie made me realize how wrong I was. Playing through, seeing Takeru able to show off in the beginning was so damn awesome to me. But of course, he wasn't prepared for everything life could throw at him.

Of course, the key scene that set the tone for the game, at least to me, was Marmio-chan's death. Maybe to everyone in fact. This is, will, always remain the most traumatic death scene in my life. I was not expecting it at all. Not one damn bit. Of course during the 12-5 incident, and after, I was sad. Sad things happened. But the most important thing in any form of entertainment is character development.

From Extra to Unlimited, you got to know her. Of course not as well as the main 6, but its still there. From school, the hot springs lol, then the sudden shift to Sergeant. She taught you in school life, and then ended up teaching you how to be a proper soldier. Then, continuing to Alternative, being able to show off, not need much training, the look of amazement on her face, it was so satisfying. Even though that worlds Marimo-chan wouldn't know it, she did her job well. She made you into a fine soldier, and the incredible acts you were able to pull off were because of her. Being able to become Captain's, emotional. Shes looking at her precious squad rise up. I was teary when you all thanked her, especially when Takeru called her Marimo-chan in that scene. After all you go through together, and when she comes to comfort you after the first invasion, it made me like her way more than I already did. So to have that happen, and shown clearly, which was a first for me in an eroge, it was too much. I couldn't even understand what happened at first when he turned to her legs. Honestly, since she finished admitting that she wet herself on her first mission as well, I kinda thought it happened again, the red color didnt register in my brain. Then, when it slowly scrolled up, and finally revealed what happened, I lost it.

The color drained from my face, I held my breath for a while, and when I finally let go, I couldnt control my breathing. It was hard, fast, I really thought I was going to have a heart at. I know, it sounds stupid, its only a game. But games get you real emotional. Brilliant writing make characters seem real, they have their own personalities. I felt it too hard for Marimo-chan. I stopped playing for almost a month after that scene, and would get recurring nightmares. I never cried before in a game/movie. I tear up at most. But that scene, I balled. I cried harder than I probably should of had. Clannad, people obsess, saying its the saddest thing in the world. While I liked the game, it didnt make me cry that hard, just teary. Alternative, I cried. I cried alot, from her death, until the end of the game, I cried at every scene. The game becomes an emotional roller coaster after Marimo-chan's death. Going back to your world, Marimo-chan dying yet again (poor dear), friends forgetting you, Sumika getting injured; it was such an emotional game. However, Marimo-chan's death will always be too emotional for me to handle. Even seeing Sumika's tentacle/mind rape scene, I was just shocked and cried slightly. I loved every moment of this eroge, and though I wasn't a big Sumika fan, and the fact that shes the main heroine, no questions, didn't bother me at all. I felt Takeru's love for her and with the powerful writing, I didn't mind not having other choices, not one bit.

TL;DR. I loved this game to death. The only problem for me, is I didn't want the game to end. I wish it could have been much longer. Perfect 10/10

What can i say? i agree with you 110% with everything you typed. MLA is perfect. The only downside for me is no tsundere (there is no Chizuru, there simply isnt). Its a 10/10 from me as well for all the reasons you posted +others.

But Sumika is master race.

As for me im one chapter closer to ending Corpse Party Book of Shadows. Its not as good as Corpse Party but its pretty good still.

Edited by iLoveTsundere
What can i say? i agree with you 110% with everything you typed. MLA is perfect. The only downside for me is no tsundere (there is no Chizuru, there simply isnt). Its a 10/10 from me as well for all the reasons you posted +others.

But Sumika is master race.

As for me im one chapter closer to ending Corpse Party Book of Shadows. Its not as good as Corpse Party but its pretty good still.

I could write a novel on plenty more reasons why the game is so good, but I would probably break the sites servers.

I wanted to play Corpse Party as well, but there's so many other Eroge's I need to finish.

Time to report in.

Majikoi -> Very funny VN, unique characters, enjoyable half-assed story. I see a part of myself in every male character in class 2-F. I do not know whether I should laugh or cry at this fact :p. I found Yukie and Chris route the funniest.

Utawarerumono -> Wow, probably one of the best protagonists I've seen in any VN. Classic character personalities, good music, fun and simple gameplay with a great story.

Majikoi S -> Sadly I found myself disappointed with Majikoi heroine routes (I only tried Yukie and Chris). They mostly consisted of h-scenes with a small closure at the end. For the Majikoi S heroines, they weren't as funny as Majikoi but still enjoyable. Funniest was probably Monshiro and Kokoro although I was expecting more from Kokoro. Lot's of kick-ass action for Tsubame route although she annoys me as much as Chris annoys many others. Margit was also just full of h-scenes with no content -_-.

In short, if you enjoyed Majikoi, you will probably enjoy this sequel. Looking forward to the FD (Majikoi A1 to A5) where you get to mess around with Yoshitsune and the continuation of the awkward scenes with Monshiro :p.

Guest loppez
Time to report in.

Majikoi -> Very funny VN, unique characters, enjoyable half-assed story. I see a part of myself in every male character in class 2-F. I do not know whether I should laugh or cry at this fact :p. I found Yukie and Chris route the funniest.

Utawarerumono -> Wow, probably one of the best protagonists I've seen in any VN. Classic character personalities, good music, fun and simple gameplay with a great story.

Majikoi S -> Sadly I found myself disappointed with Majikoi heroine routes (I only tried Yukie and Chris). They mostly consisted of h-scenes with a small closure at the end. For the Majikoi S heroines, they weren't as funny as Majikoi but still enjoyable. Funniest was probably Monshiro and Kokoro although I was expecting more from Kokoro. Lot's of kick-ass action for Tsubame route although she annoys me as much as Chris annoys many others. Margit was also just full of h-scenes with no content -_-.

In short, if you enjoyed Majikoi, you will probably enjoy this sequel. Looking forward to the FD (Majikoi A1 to A5) where you get to mess around with Yoshitsune and the continuation of the awkward scenes with Monshiro :p.

majikoi s = Koyuki route. almost as good as kazuko route

utawarerumono -> wow, probably one of the best protagonists i've seen in any vn. Classic character personalities, good music, fun and simple gameplay with a great story.

why can i only like posts once

Just finished G-senjou no maou. My feelings on it: mixed. Don't get me wrong, there's some really great parts, and I love the whole intrigue and 'cat and mouse' stuff that goes on, but there was also a lot of stuff that just didn't do it for me (tsubaki's part, to me, was just dull...sorry. Kanon's bit I found enjoyable, I have yet to play through Mizuha's part as of yet, though). It also took me a while to get into the story. Overall, good, but could have been better. I suppose it suffers in the way rewrite does, in that there is some truly brilliant stuff in there, and then there's guff to go along with it. I also disliked the over sexualisation of some parts, although I'm playing a japanese visual novel aiming at a certain audience, so what should I expect? :p It doesn't really interfere with the story, so I guess it doesn't matter.

There was one bit I didn't understand: In Kanon's route, 'Maou' goes to the place where he meets with Someya and says:

"The man who has lived on until now with evil as his nourishment has discovered a new sustenance."

This makes sense if Kyousuke was Maou, but otherwise...No? I'm confused :S?

There's a lot more I could say, but, as always, I need some time to take it all in. I might get around to writing something more significant later, perhaps after I finish my ever17 review.

Regarding that spoiler

[spoiler=GSenjou][You could technically view it a few different ways. Maybe the writer wanted people to believe that Kyousuke was Maou all the way until the final twist was revealed. Otherwise, revealing that he wasn't maou in the side routes wouldn't be as impactful.. even though the twist wasn't that hard to figure out. Others view it as sloppy writing. And others think that he is Maou in all the side routes except the true finale (which I don't agree with).]

Regarding that spoiler

[spoiler=GSenjou][You could technically view it a few different ways. Maybe the writer wanted people to believe that Kyousuke was Maou all the way until the final twist was revealed. Otherwise, revealing that he wasn't maou in the side routes wouldn't be as impactful.. even though the twist wasn't that hard to figure out. Others view it as sloppy writing. And others think that he is Maou in all the side routes except the true finale (which I don't agree with).]

[spoiler=g senjou no maou]I understand why the writer wanted to avoid spoiling the plot twist. However, why the hell create a giant plot hole where there doesn't need to be one?

The only explanation that doesn't affect the continuity is that there were two maous in the story at the same time. Kyouhei did say: "My other half [when talking about Kyousuke]", suggesting that maybe they worked together, or that he acknowledged his existence as another maou. On the other hand, this seems unlikely since Kyouhei then said how it was silly that Kyousuke thought he was maou (he could have been lying at this point, though, I'm not sure). I'm also with you in that Kyousuke being the sole maou during chapters 1-4 is very unlikely.

In the end, a writing error seems the most logical, but how do you create an error that large?

but..you can say that all those secrets were just for Usamin's route >.>

after all...

the other characters earlier dont gave you much impression like how Usamin affects you~~

[spoiler=g senjou no maou][Oh yeah I know why they didn't want to reveal everything in an earlier route, but why they had to bother talking about it at all is the the thing that grabbed me as strange. C'est la vie. At the end of the day, I enjoyed Usami's character a lot (and to some degree Kanon and Tokita), and the intrigue was awesome. The whole maou thing was pretty cool, and the reveal of all of their pasts was nicely done. Plus I really liked the BGM that was based on classical music, and increasing the amount of musical layering/texture with Pachelbel's Canon on the menu screen was a nice touch. I suppose that it just could have been a more than it was, which was saddening. At least the ending was strong.]

Edited by Chocolatemilkgod
Just finished G-senjou no maou. My feelings on it: mixed. Don't get me wrong, there's some really great parts, and I love the whole intrigue and 'cat and mouse' stuff that goes on, but there was also a lot of stuff that just didn't do it for me (tsubaki's part, to me, was just dull...sorry. Kanon's bit I found enjoyable, I have yet to play through Mizuha's part as of yet, though). It also took me a while to get into the story. Overall, good, but could have been better. I suppose it suffers in the way rewrite does, in that there is some truly brilliant stuff in there, and then there's guff to go along with it. I also disliked the over sexualisation of some parts, although I'm playing a japanese visual novel aiming at a certain audience, so what should I expect? :p It doesn't really interfere with the story, so I guess it doesn't matter.

There was one bit I didn't understand: In Kanon's route, 'Maou' goes to the place where he meets with Someya and says:

"The man who has lived on until now with evil as his nourishment has discovered a new sustenance."

This makes sense if Kyousuke was Maou, but otherwise...No? I'm confused :S?

The heavy amount of slice of life in the first chapter is there to flesh out all main characters, specifically Azai Kyousuke and Usami Haru, and makes them multi-dimensional. It works perfectly well and is extremely hilarious sometimes.

The other side heroines is decent, and works well as an instrument for the main plot. However, individually, they don't really possess such depth beyond what is necessary to move the main storyline. As such, the characters routes itself degraded into a more common family drama plotlines. They are all decent on their own, but still pales in comparison with the main route.

Sexualisation is the least thing you could complaint in a VN like this, and is somewhat irrelevant.

Regarding what's in your spoiler, "sustenance" could mean a lot of things. It doesn't necessarily imply about Kyousuke's development.

[spoiler=g senjou no maou][Oh yeah I know why they didn't want to reveal everything in an earlier route, but why they had to bother talking about it at all is the the thing that grabbed me as strange. C'est la vie. At the end of the day, I enjoyed Usami's character a lot (and to some degree Kanon and Tokita), and the intrigue was awesome. The whole maou thing was pretty cool, and the reveal of all of their pasts was nicely done. Plus I really liked the BGM that was based on classical music, and increasing the amount of musical layering/texture with Pachelbel's Canon on the menu screen was a nice touch. I suppose that it just could have been a more than it was, which was saddening. At least the ending was strong.]

All the side routes is a [spoiler=G-senjou][ what-if route and spin-off where Kyosuke is Maou. Either that, or he really has that mental illness where he viewed himself as Maou.

Make sense now?

I suppose that it just could have been a more than it was, which was saddening.

I don't know what else could be added into the highly enjoyable mess that is G-senjou, but I know I could list a couple of things that should be removed. First thing will be all the unnecessary side routes.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
The side routes are [spoiler=G-senjou][ what-if routes and spin-offs where Kyosuke is Maou. ]

This. Or at least that's what I want to believe.

Edit: And Non-Chan is awesome, mainly because of her voice.

Edited by OneManArmy