What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

I don't know how you can call Kisaya's route bad, it wasn't good but it certainly wasn't the worst. Then again you did like the Umi route which is another among the badly done little sister routes which are so hard to get right to begin with. It sadly comes packaged with another hard to get right route, the childhood friend.

Though you both did the Riru route and no one else will top that in this game. Though I personally thought Sonya and Ayaka were tied for second.

My problem with Kisaya's route is that it gives me a more cold and distant take on Kisaya itself, personally I like to see some progression on the feelings of the heroine as well and this was almost non-existent on Kisaya's route, at least until the first h-scene. Ayaka's route wasn't so bad but after playing Tomoko's route from Canvas 2 I can't really bring myself to like her route. Tomoko's route was Ayaka's route done right.
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last "game" I finished was Imouto Ijime. While I'll admit that rin is pretty cute, the story is shallow and boring (though I can't say I didn't expected that), I did kind of regret playing that game......

You're not alone. Although the animated sex scenes were kinda nice, probably.

Danganronpa. Had a looooooot of fun with it... was much better than I thought it would be actually. Pleasantly surprised! I mean, I had as much fun with this as 999 basically, all thanks to the story and the characters themselves. Seriously, I freakin' love most (NOT all) of these characters. They're simply fun and, well, 'exciting' to see I guess you could say. BUT! Sometimes they can be overly stupid... if you've played the game then you know what I mean.

There's some great music in there that gets you PUMPED. In fact the story itself gets you pumped numerous times... those last chapters man, wwwwow. It's a bit reminiscent of Phoenix Wright and certain other VNs that way. One thing that definitely surprised me about it though is just how emotional it got at times. Some tears were shed, that's for sure.

Danganronpa is a murder mystery, but truthfully, it was obvious what was going on at several points in the story. Or at the very least it was easy to make reasonable guesses that usually turned out to be correct. But you know what? Even when it sometimes did feel too obvious, it was still fun to actually go through. To discover and reveal things. To see the characters discuss about the mysteries (some hiccups along the way though...). In other words, it was just straight up entertaining... for me. And no it's not like EVERYTHING was obvious in it, nooo no no no. I certainly were surprised by plenty of events, but perhaps not as much as in some other mystery stories.

Oh and Phoenix Wright isn't any more difficult to figure out than Danganronpa, yet it's still awesome. Why? Because there's much more to it than just figuring out culprits and other mysteries. It's the exact same thing with Danganronpa. It's the epicness, the feeling, the character interactions, the music, the atmosphere, the intense drama, the comedy (yes), etc. etc. So there you go. Thought I might as well throw that in there.

I wouldn't say the gameplay itself was great, but it was still interesting. I haven't played anything similar before... well, you do present evidence like in Phoenix Wright, but you do it in several different and fairly unique ways.

Hmm, what more... I'm looking forward to the sequel a lot. If you've played the first one then you know exactly why. Can't friggin' wait! Almost willing to get a Vita for it if it ends up being an official release on that instead of the fan translation on PSP.

Rating? Something like 8.8-9.0/10 I think. Feeling a bit hyped up about it right after finishing it, so we'll see.

[spoiler=All of Danganronpa 1] Favourite character? EASY CHOICE.

She's literally the first character I've seen in a VN that actually kinda resembles "an evil, crazy, female jester-like character". In other words, Harley Quinn from Batman. Look, she even got the colours right for that! Her clothes are awesome, her looks in general are awesome, her personality personalities are awesome, she's utterly mad and her voice acting is GREAT.

http://i.imgur.com/9OYrIT0.jpg

Edited by Harlequin

^ [spoiler=Danganronpa][ I kind of knew you would like her, she puts Genocider to shame. The last trial is probably the finest moment in the game too.

Back to the thing I've spoken to you before, it was when Asahina and Hagakure insisted to debate that the living, breathing Kirigiri's standing on her two feet in front of them is a ghost, and dead, was the moment I facewall so hard I swear the wall cracked. They shouldn't have included that. If the writers wanted to drive a point, as some have argued in the game defense, there are better, wiser ways to do it.

And I am curious, but what did you do in chapter 5 when you were presented with the choice? Did you lie or did you give her away?

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf
^ [spoiler=Danganronpa][ I kind of knew you would like her, she puts Genocider to shame. The last trial is probably the finest moment in the game too.

Back to the thing I've spoken to you before, it was when Asahina and Hagakure insisted to debate that the living, breathing Kirigiri's standing on her two feet in front of them is a ghost, and dead, was the moment I facewall so hard I swear the wall cracked. They shouldn't have included that. If the writers wanted to drive a point, as some have argued in the game defense, there are better, wiser ways to do it.

And I am curious, but what did you do in chapter 5 when you were presented with the choice? Did you lie or did you give her away?

[spoiler=Danganronpa][ Mmmmyup I remember that. Honestly, Hagakure should've just had his title changed to Super Duper High School Idiot in the second half of the game, lol. Wouldn't even have been a surprise!

I mean, at that point, you only really had two other competent characters (Togami & Kirigiri) left for the trials. Even so, that thing you mentioned is silly either way of course. But it is what it is. You just solve it and move on with the rest of the trial, and accept that Hagakure is simply an idiot. That's what I did anyway.

Think they even joked around about him not having his character defined at the start of the game... which is true, 'cause back then he was a nobody pretty much. Seriously thought he would be one of the first to die.

As for the choice, well I figured that trusting her about the Puppetmaster and the trap would be the 'right' choice (Don't reveal her lie)... maybe a bit naive, but it was more or less a hunch that that would be the 'good' choice in the end. I remember the characters mentioning that there was something fishy going on with the trial, so yea. Well I saved the game (which turned out to be unnecessary) and went with the other choice instead to get a bad ending first, if there was one. Which there was! Kind of. Fucking hell, the implications in that CG, lol.

Edited by Harlequin

I just finished Shinikiss and know what? Fuck this game.

The first two routes were totally boring and especially the route of the protagonist's sister was nothing but a huge letdown. At the ending it had some potential but nope, the power of love was stronger and destroyed everything. After that I unlocked the true route which is definitely better than the previous ones but still very bad. The start of that route was the most awkward thing I've ever read. It was basically a collection of sex scenes. Then, after 70% of the entire route, stuff finally started to get more interesting. Around the end it even started to have some potential at several places. But each time it was like, oh fuck! Something awesome will happen now! And the game was like, nope, not yet. It was like an unfinished rollercoaster. Up and down but there was no loop of awesomeness. And then dat ending. Dat stupid ending. I did like the ending but not the stuff after the credits also called real ending. It totally destroyed everything I read before. Fuck Japan and its happy endings.

tltr: Shinikiss is a nice looking game (I really adore some of its CGs) with some very relaxing tracks but a shitty story and rather plain characters.

I finished MGQ 3 today, and shockingly, I loved part 2 more. Don't get me wrong, part 3 was so damn good. I loved the music, I especially loved the monsters and sex scenes, best in my opinion. The story line was great. Everything was perfect. But I still liked part 2 more. I can't really explain why good enough, though one reason might be the difficulty. To me, part 3 felt kind of easy, especially compared to part 3. But maybe if I play through part 3 again, I'll like it more, who knows.

What's so bad about a moege with uneventful boring plot and disney endings?

ShiniKiss isn't a moege, I think.

The first two routes were totally boring and especially the route of the protagonist's sister was nothing but a huge letdown.

I'm not sure what you were -expecting- from Shizuku's route.

The chemistry and bantering conversations between the two are nice, fun and quite engaging. I guess people won't enjoy the story much if they don't have interest in Shizuku, seeing that it

doesn't actually keep on focusing on the overarching plot and nothing really happens other than having them both get together and Makoto comes to term with his past, which is probably the whole point of the route, letting you enjoy the incest relationship etc., and they've done that rather nicely. But if you don't like her and the overall banters, I can probably understand why you dislike the route.

The awkward Shizuku's ending was handled badly however, and I'll agree with you at least on that.

Honoka route and her character is bad in every way possible, though.

yea its not really moege.

theres 2 things i dont get about Shinikiss :

[if milfy had always been izayoi's familiar before supervising kohaku's training as a shinigami how come she never mentions/remembers kohaku having been the MC's friend soul reincarnated? plot hole. and the other one is WHY THE FUCK ISNT RIN A ROUTE THERE , she's literally better than the 2 regular heroines , plus her voice in her yandere moments is probably the best yandere voice ive heard anywhere. not bad for Kud.]

to keep this on topic , im about to read higurashi kai arcs after having read the question arcs.

yea its not really moege.

theres 2 things i dont get about Shinikiss :

[if milfy had always been izayoi's familiar before supervising kohaku's training as a shinigami how come she never mentions/remembers kohaku having been the MC's friend soul reincarnated? plot hole. and the other one is WHY THE FUCK ISNT RIN A ROUTE THERE , she's literally better than the 2 regular heroines , plus her voice in her yandere moments is probably the best yandere voice ive heard anywhere. not bad for Kud.]

[

I am all for Rin's route, I meant I would trade Honoka for her. There is basically no reason to refuse her confession when Makoto can easily forget about his "My heart belongs to my first love only" when it comes to Honoka confession, so don't give me the crap that he rejected Rin because he still can't forget his dead Osananajimi. Honoka confession isn't any different than Rin, she doesn't even have any leverage unlike with Shizuku, being an imouto and all. And Honoka is a crap character with her "I'm a good girl" attitude and the next is joking about piss fetish. The fuck is that?

For the other one, I think Milfy probably doesn't know and Izayoi didn't tell her. Not sure though.

Just finnished Ikikoi, though not all the routes since it already took me quite a while to go through it, and i lost interest midway in eika's route.

Went in this one with somewhat of a good feeling seeing as it has a maid route, and a cousin route : - /

The common route does feel a little "a tsundere to many" as some people claimed, and i can see that as a turnoff for many, but for the most part i found the scenes showed to be quite funny and managed to put a smile on my face.

The first route a gave a whirl is Ryou’s one(because she looks tall… YEAH THAt’S A REASON… don’t judge me), what can I say.... it was actually quite fun when she has a lot of cute moments going “pushu” and all that.The story however is not, the midpoint intrique is weak as is the ending, it feelt like they phone it in for the most part, not great but not bad.

The sex scenes really go down hill(!)real fast, as i'm not in s/m and other things of that nature, most of the time i just skipped through them, and why is this game just putting them all together at the end? ……I KNOW ! so that you can skip them easily… smart.:o

Tsumugu's route was next, heard that It was the best, and with my preference towards maid, and combat one’s at that... GET !

The route was very funny, and the “Fourth wall breaking” moments were nice, very few visual novels pull it of, and since this game is not meant to be taken really serious, it was a welcome sight I have to say.

The ending was good in my opinion, when you compare it to ryou’s one( I already forgot it as i'm writing this), this route already made the game worth the time investment

Next up Tane route, I have some good expectation for it due to some foreshadowing e-route to tsumugu’s route and the common route, and i was right, she is really cute and has the second best route for me, a very fun and pleasant ride, with a decent end.

About eika's route can't really say anything since i got burned on this game and i lost interest, maybe i will return to it this weekend... or maybe not(looking at my backlog).

Overall the game was more than decent, had a lot more fun that with Shinigami no Kiss, so yeah....

That's the tl;dr : -( oh and i'm sorry for my english, if it's bad il just sit there in that corner over there.... yeah... oh and i did not spoil anything because i need to figure out how to put spoiler tags, this forum bussines is something else:rolleyes:

Edited by riddle
wat

Man, haven't posted here in a while... anyways, last couple VNs.

Umineko - Did not like it. I enjoyed it while it was a mystery with fantasy elements, but it eventually became a fantasy with mystery elements, and then just a fantasy that occasionally talks about mysteries. I'm not a big fan of fantasy, so while that might have been alright for a lot of people, it wasn't for me.

Monster Girl Quest part 3 - Great end to the series. My only gripe with it is [spoiler=Monster Girl Quest end]That they didn't spend enough time with Illias and Luka after Illias' defeat. It was just kind of "I was lonely. Here's why. I'm saving your life. I'm dead now." They could have easily played up Luka dying a little more and toyed with the reader's emotions before giving Illias a change of heart.

But other than that, I'm completely satisfied.