What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

Finished Umineko 1-4, only took me about 4 months because of my insane work weeks right now. Not 100% perfect in my eyes, but a really great VN with awesome music (apparently 5-8 even has better music), cool characters, and a plot that makes you think. Eps 3 and 4 were my favorites, liked them a good amount better than the first two, but it's understandable.. the first one sets up all the characters and you can't really expect too much from the beginning. I will start ep 5-8 sometime probably during the summer, when i'm working half as much. 1-4 gets around a 9/10 from me though, great read.

[spoiler=umineko ep4] Have to say, I came into this episode thinking that episode 3 would be my favorite, no question.. it was true for about the first half (not that it was bad at all), but the latter half of ep4 was really good. From when Kinzo actually appeared for the FIRST time during dinner to the very end of that episode. I'll be thinking about what the hell battler's sin is until I start episode 5.

Edited by desi
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished Monster Girl Quest (all parts). It was actually pretty fun and challenging at parts, and the characterization was surprisingly complex. Also, it was fairly lengthy as well. The music was pretty good, especially in the last few battles. Storywise, I felt they did a good job of creating a world around the characters and making it feel lived-in, but accessible. All in all I'd recommend it.

Finished Umineko 1-4, only took me about 4 months because of my insane work weeks right now. Not 100% perfect in my eyes, but a really great VN with awesome music (apparently 5-8 even has better music), cool characters, and a plot that makes you think. Eps 3 and 4 were my favorites, liked them a good amount better than the first two, but it's understandable.. the first one sets up all the characters and you can't really expect too much from the beginning. I will start ep 5-8 sometime probably during the summer, when i'm working half as much. 1-4 gets around a 9/10 from me though, great read.

[spoiler=umineko ep4] Have to say, I came into this episode thinking that episode 3 would be my favorite, no question.. it was true for about the first half (not that it was bad at all), but the latter half of ep4 was really good. From when Kinzo actually appeared for the FIRST time during dinner to the very end of that episode. I'll be thinking about what the hell battler's sin is until I start episode 5.

Would you mind to slow down your reading speed? Otherwise you'll most likely finish Chiru before I do.

Oh and did you use the graphic patches?

In these days I finished both Pure Doll and Kana... :)

What can I say about Kana?

Kana is a legendary VN, well known also here in Italy thanks to a variety of videogame stores importing many VN from Japan and America.

Since many years I already knew the story of Kana, the characters and the Endings, but I found the courage to play it in its entirety only in these days...

I'm a sensitive person and I get emotional easily: Kana managed to make me cry many times, not only in the advanced stages, but also shortly after its beginning and during all major events...

Thanks to the Walkthrough I immediately got the Best Ending.

Warning: SPOILERS!

It's interesting to see how in this Ending the desires and hopes Taka experienced over many years will come true: Kana has become stronger, physically and psychologically... she will be able to live autonomously without depending completely on him.

However, in this Ending I believe that in a certain sense their roles may be reversed: now is Taka the weaker sibling/lover, the frail one that desperately needs to remain close to his beloved little sister...

Taka, who often told Kana to not cry and was always there to dry her tears, the same Taka who couldn't cry even in the most painful moments, finally cries when Kana leaves their home...

I really loved this VN...

Today or tomorrow I would like to restart it, making the choices that I would do if I were the real protagonist... although I know that by doing so I would risk to reach a different and more tragic Ending...

I already know that I'll cry a lot and I'll suffer for days... :(

About Pure Doll...

Well, first of all I'm glad and proud I was able to buy this sweet VN directly from Japan... :)

As many already know, I'm in love with the female protagonist, Hina, so i played Pure Doll with all my heart and I get the Best Ending! :o

To translate it I can't use the usual methods (AGTH, ITH, Translator Aggregator or VNR) due to various features of the program: obligatory fullscreen, .exe file linked to the installation process, impossibility to find the right h-code...

So I'm compelled to display the text in the VNR Game Wizard and from there copy it to Quick Atlas... it works, although everything crashes every 10 or 15 minutes...

Excluding the technical problems, I've found out how much Hina is even more sweet and lovely than I imagined... Her little yet constant daily progress in her evolution from android to a human being with real feelings and a soul of her own is truly touching...

I smiled, really moved, when she began to smile, blush, open herself and speak with a voice full of emotions, becoming more and more fond of the protagonist with each passing day, until they fall in love with each other...

The Happy Ending made ​​me cry like a baby, I'm not ashamed to admit it...

Soon I'll finish Maid Youbi wa H ga Ippai, a romantic yet humorous VN, with multiple Endings and a couple of entertaining subgames. :D

What? Don't you remember that I live alone now. The problem is just me working.

So having a voice chat with you can become reality? That's ... I don't know how to say it ... but ... all these years ... every time I asked you said no ... and now ... it's within one's reach ... I'm so happy that I could cry...

.・゜゜・(/。\)・゜゜・.

Without me? :"(

But didn't you already finish Chiru?

Just finished up Danganronpa. Pretty fun little VN and I honestly did not expect that ending, pretty crazy. Otherwise, the game was just way to easy which kinda disappointed me, I mean it literally just gives you the answers. I'll probably play through again in the future on Mean difficulty.

Just finished up Danganronpa. Pretty fun little VN and I honestly did not expect that ending, pretty crazy. Otherwise, the game was just way to easy which kinda disappointed me, I mean it literally just gives you the answers. I'll probably play through again in the future on Mean difficulty.

The difficulty settings don't mean that much. It won't change up the gameplay dramatically for you or anything, if you've already gone through it once before. Best to just go with that difficulty on your first playthrough. Anyway, yea, it's easy. These types of mystery games usually tend to be quite easy. But that doesn't really stop them from being entertaining however.

I just finished Maid Youbi wa H ga Ippai, getting one of the good Endings! :)

I believe it may be the best one, because during the game I was able to maximize all Mimuru's Attributes, especially the strength of her love. :o

I really appreciated this VN: it's full of humor, the subgames are funny and the erotic scenes are sweet and exciting at the same time. There are also many funny references to some anime, as Combattler V, Yugioh and Gundam... for example Yuna's puppy is called Master Asia! :D

I did not expect it, but the romantic scenes are numerous and often moving, also thanks to the lovely music.

The protagonist who is hit by a truck while saving Mimuru and surviving after having a vision of her, extending her hand and calling him before he goes to Heaven... Well, it made me cry... :o

I also unlocked the other Endings in Kana... although I already knew them, I cried a lot and I can't wait to restart the game to get the Best Ending again... :)

In Pure Doll I unlocked many new scenes and discovered some additional details regarding Hina... :o

She's not exactly an android, she was born in an artificial amniotic fluid and has an immune system and physiological functions identical to those of humans... the Doctor who created her calls her "Doll", but I think Hina may be an artificially created human...

But regardless of definitions, in the Best Ending thanks to love she will become a real woman... Even the Doctor, usually cold and not very polite, will say that she is no more a Doll but a real woman... :o

I really love Hina...

Soon I'll start to play Crescendo. :) I already know the plot and the characters, but I never finished it before... :)

Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni - Dai Ichi Ya. (first part of Higanbana)

Man, that was really good. I absolutely love Ryukishi's other work (Higurashi, Umineko), so I came into this with some expectations, you know? And it most definitely met those expectations... actually no, it went above them. So the same thing has happened now with every 07th Expansion title I've read. It's remarkable. Ryukishi simply does not fail to blow my mind every time I read one of these VNs. Twists and turns man, twists and turns and craziness. Maybe I'm too stupid to predict many of turns and whatnot, but that's fine then, more fun for me right? It's just like a rollercoaster with these titles. And Higanbana was no exception for me.

Unlike Higurashi and Umineko however, Higanbana is not really an "epic tale". It's not really much of a journey per se. Not a long one at least. It's more like delving into a number of very specific themes/topics/issues, more or less all of which happen to be quite dark, serious and often times depressing. To name a few: Bullying, suicide, truth, lies. And they're all presented in short stories that take place in the same environment. It's interesting stuff. I really, really like it. It's not really a mystery VN, but Higanbana makes you think a lot about these issues. It forces you to, pretty much. Juuuust brilliant.

Now, I have to say: your life and how you have lived certain periods of it, does change how much you feel about some of the things Higanbana presents. Maybe that's obvious, but I felt the need to say it. Because it definitely changed my experience with the last chapter (7) A LOT - which probably is my favourite one by the way, along with chapter 1, 3 and 5.

Without saying too much about it, there's a plenty of fun to be had as well. Or maybe that's the wrong word for it... there's plenty of crazy to be had. Reminds a bit of Higurashi and Umineko that way. I guess it's to be expected huh.

Oh, and I also need to point out that the music makes a HUGE difference in some scenes. Perhaps the soundtrack is not as amazing as Higurashi Kai's or Umineko's (emphasis on Umineko), but damnit it's still really good. A few very effective creepy songs for the atmosphere, and a few that really makes you sad (obviously a positive thing when it's combined with a matching scene).

Three of my favourites -

[spoiler=Higanbana music]

[spoiler=Higanbana chapter 7]A little story of sorts I gotta share, that is a bit different and special compared to the rest of my experience with the VN. Something that happened in this last chapter of Higanbana:

At some point, in chapter 7, it got really emotional for me. Bullying is such a sad thing. And personally, I was sort of in the bottom hierarchy in school for several years, just like Yukari and Reiko. Was I really bullied? It's hard to say now. Maybe I was. In fact I probably was at times, but I either laughed it off or I ignored. Like Reiko and Yukari did, pretty much. Because of this, I ended up relating to what was going on during the last parts of this chapter. When Reiko arrived, When Yukari stopped being bullied, but Reiko "took the baton" instead. When Higanbana and Yukari started talking about bullying and "utopia" (I loved that talk, and coupled with the music it was amazing). All of that got me really distressed - if that's the right word for it. It felt real. It was so easy for me to relate to it. For sure, these things happen in real life as well. I've seen it and most likely experienced it as well.

Fast forward a tiny bit - Yukari decided to stand up for Reiko and not accept this supposed "utopia" that had been created. That was the right thing to happen and not totally unexpected. I kept thinking to myself; "Help your FRIEND." And that's what happened. At this point I was pretty much crying... it was more than just tearing up at least. Kept going like that when Reiko and Yukari decided to walk home together again. Reiko starts crying once she realizes that she doesn't have to be nourishment or a sacrifice for other peoples enjoyment. Yukari starts talking about fighting against bullying with her. Everything is good now and as it should be. I'm still high on the "emotionally distressed" scale.

And then...

Ryukishi.

Trolling.

... No reflection?

Crazy laugh?

Creepy face.

Completely taken in. Hook, line, and sinker.

I can't believe what had just happened.

My mind was not even REMOTELY ready for that. Why? Because my mind was very busy being all serious, sad and happy about what had just happened previously. AND THEN SUMIRE.

You know I don't even need to say more than that. You can tell what I'm trying to point out here. That transition was fucking amazing. However, I have a feeling that it wasn't quite like that for many people who read this chapter. Because you do need that "emotional distress" before reaching Sumire's reveal, I feel.

Anyway, that's that. To me, that segment was brilliant. From Reiko's arrival all the way to the end of chapter 7 was really great.

By the way, those three songs I linked above were part of the reason why this segment (and the VN as a whole of course) was great to me. The first song - very sad. Second one - thought-provoking, serious and sad (Higanbana, the character, is good at that). Third song - ........ holy shit.

Edited by Harlequin