What is the last eroge you finished, and what do you think about it?

It's been a while, so maybe i'm rusty, but..

[spoiler=Hoshizora true route] The time events were created by You's Mother. You wanted help from his mother and You's mom used her powers to rewind time for You as a second chance for him. So there was time travel involved.

oh lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished Higurashi When The Cry Hou Ch.1

I always like reading horror/mystery novels, even though i haven't read so many.

[spoiler=Higurashi]I liked when things started out nice. Everyone was Innocent and 'khyute'. I got a bit bored at the start sometimes, but as the truth approached, i really really started to get so many chills and also got a bit scared irl, it was amazing. I din't quite get what happened at the very end, maybe the next chapter will answer all my questions....

Toheart2

Since a patch was released recently with the majority of the route translated i thought i would give it a try.

It's one of the worse VN i have played in recent years, only Heart de Roommate is worse than that imo.

Finally finished reading Air. It was mostly good although Kano and Minagi's routes were boring af and in retrospect seem almost pointless. The soundtrack was pretty good, typical KEY stuff. The ending was more ambiguous than what I am used to for a KEY visual novel, still not sure how I feel about it.

Overall: gao/10

• 2 weeks later...

I have mixed feelings about Starless now that I've finished it. About half of the time I really liked it, but the other half was filled with content that I absolutely hate. I'm fine with violence and death in VNs and other forms of fiction, but totally unnecessary cruelties and prolonged suffering makes me feel nothing but disgust.

The story was decent (for a nukige) but nothing unique: a filthy rich family wants to spice up their everyday life by playing with servants who are never allowed to disobey. I'm sure everyone understands what I mean, so let's not get too deep into that. Sei Shoujo's artwork was once again magnificent, though sometimes the proportions of the characters bodies seemed to be a bit off. Those of you who have played Bible Black and Discipline know how huge the women Sei Shoujo draws are...

There were quite a few of good OSTs, like Garden of Eden, Cogito Ergo Sum, Memento Mori, and Fallen Angel. The thing that REALLY caught my attention was the characters voices. I've said this before, but I think that Marisa's voice actress is the same as Rin's from F/SN, and Sachie's (I loved her voice, btw) is the same as Nami's from One Piece. The Mistress' voice also sounded really familiar but I can't quite remember where I've heard it before.

The endings were mostly way too cruel for me. Over half of them were so bad that I didn't want to keep reading. However, there were some endings that had the best h-scenes I've seen in a long time: in "Bizarre Marriage" Marika's wish was actually really innocent (I can't believe I'm using that word to describe anything in that game...) and the way she talked to protagonist was so sweet and touching. In "The Flower of Evil" the last scene with the three ladies was just so lovable and refreshing because for the first time they all smiled and laughed without a hint of sadism in their voice. If the "kinkyness level" of the h-scenes had been at their level for the whole game, it would have been an unrivaled nukige experience.

Overall: Too much scat, hardcore bondage and torture for me to truly enjoy the game. If that stuff would be removed (they cover almost half of the game) and replaced by the kind of scenes I mentioned above, it would have been the Muv Luv Alternative of nukiges. However, now it deserves only 6/10 which is a huge disappointment for something I waited for many years to be able to read.

EDIT. Gah, that's pretty horrible English. Whatever, I'm not in the mood to fix it.

Edited by Mishagal

Looks like my passion for VNs has finally returned to it's former glory: two VNs finished within two weeks. After Starless I decided to go for something a bit lighter, and that's how I found myself reading Saya no Uta. Yeah, I know, I made some mistakes there while picking a title, but it was on my list of VNs that I had to read one day, so it's fine.

Saya no Uta was pretty short for a VN, but it's actually a good thing. There are probably very few people who can handle stuff like that in bigger portions. CGs and OSTs were mostly grotesque and creepy, but there were also really beautiful ones.

I don't know what others think, but IMO the most shocking part of the VN wasn't cannibalism. It was the descriptions of violence, and the fact that characters went so mad that they started killing their friends and even family members. I felt REALLY bad when I saw the scene where the father killed his wife and daughter after Saya did some experiments on him.

I liked 2 out of 3 endings, the one left out being the one where everyone dies and Kouji goes nuts. That was just not a good way to end a story. The end with white room was the most realistic one, and it was really sweet how Saya didn't want to stain Fuminori's last memory of her as a normal girl by showing him her true form. The last ending was so beautiful that I'll never forget Saya's last words for Fuminori:

"Fuminori... to you, who loved me... I give... this planet. This world... will be beautiful. A world... just for us."

I didn't cry but I got so intense goosebumps that every single hair on my body (there are LOTS of them) was standing. Maybe the reason why this ending had that big an impact on me was because most of the other content was so gruesome. And yeah, I'm fine with letting the rest of the world go crazy if that means that Saya and Fuminori can find peace.

Overall: It was a really nice story even though I'm not a fan of gore nor horror. I'll give it 8/10 because of all the feels.

Edited by Mishagal
I decided to go for something a bit lighter - Saya no Uta

If you describe Saya no Uta as "a bit lighter" then Starless had to be quite the experience. Like I never planned to read Starless but now I want to read it even less.

I got so intense goosebumps that every single hair on my body (there are LOTS of them) was standing

Oh my~

Now that I think about it...It pains me to say... that I don't remember Q_Q I haven't finished one in a long time. I have played a few hours of one or two here and there, but thats all... I used to play them from start to finish in just one sitting...

Just finished Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, and I really enjoyed it. It expanded some of the back story of the side characters, and it have its moment were it gave me some feels. I recommend this VN to anyone who is a fan of the series.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished yet another really good VN you don't hear too much about: Kikokugai - The Cyber Slayer.

One thing that stood out for me rather quickly was the writing. I have to give props to whoever translated/edited this because it was so good. Both the descriptions of everything and the dialogue between characters. Spot on. It was easy to grasp yet advanced at the same time(?). Dunno how to explain it exactly, but I just never felt detached from the story. Nothing felt unimportant in the text.

Very tension-filled story, great action (some of the best I've seen in VNs for sure), nice music. Since I went with the remake I got the improved art and added voice acting as well - also very good. I recognized some of the voices, like Tamura Yukari.

[spoiler=Kikokugai]And yes... there were some surprises. I did not see those coming. At all. Usually I can at least somewhat predict what might happen, but... not this time. But hey that made the final chapter even better.

http://i.imgur.com/BSxxVGQ.jpg

This screenshot speaks for itself really.

I'm starting to think that, yes, I have a thing for... these types of characters. Because I like her more now after those reveals (1. orchestrated the hell she went through, 2. extreme brocon, 3. yandere). I dunno man, there's just something to it. Nice twists, in any case.

Plus Haojun's motives. I wasn't able to see those either until the last two chapters. The battle between him and Taoluo was heavy to say the least.

Aaaand the ending was certainly different. Ruili got what she wanted, that's for sure. And I guess... Taoluo also got what he wanted. But we don't know what it'll actually be like. We can assume that the transfer of his soul was a success to some extent, and that Ruili and Taoluo are now "one". But I wonder what that means in the physical world. Are they both in Ruili's gynoid right now? Or maybe they were transfered to something else? Maybe I missed that part, or it doesn't really matter in the end.

Oh yea, and chapter 4 was nuts. I honestly thought that Taoluo's fight with Ng would end up being nothing more than dialogue or something since Ng wasn't a martial artist. NOPE, NOT REALLY. Crazy assault with the russians, PETRUSHKA, and All-Consuming Poison.

http://i.imgur.com/tm6NHRW.jpg

Not sure about rating, but it's definitely 8+ at least. No way it can be less.

spoiler box edit: It was chapter 4, not 3. Just the wrong number though - what I said about it stays the same.

Edited by Harlequin
  • 3 weeks later...

Finished a pair of VNs these last few days, not a review just brief statements.

Phoenix Wright was the first one. For vndb purposes it's a VN, so i'll call it a VN. Very entertaining VN with a good cast of characters. Definitely a solid way to kill some time. The last two cases in particular were very good. I probably won't jump into the second one as soon as possible but I definitely plan to play the ones that I am able to play, since I hear extremely good things about the third game. Gave this one ~8.2/10.

Phenomeno is the other VN that I read. Honestly the atmosphere and art were really good. The story was intriguing. I guess the biggest criticism is the length and how short it was because, IMO, it stops when it looks like they were going to take the next step and have a really good unfolding story. But I definitely thought it was good, Nitroplus did a great job adapting the story. Gave this one ~7.7/10.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Majikoi S. All in all I'm fairly mixed. Although the "true", Tsubame's and, to some degree Mon's, routes were reasonably well done, the rest was a bit naff honestly. The after routes were basically 50% H-scenes, with the other 50% being pretty contrived or uninteresting bits and bobs. I guess I shouldn't have expected more from that part, but anyway... I had fun playing it though (especially Koyuki's part, although I wish more attention was paid for hers and the main characters interactions). One thing I was really impressed with was their use of anime/video segments; I think this had more of those than in any other VN I've read to date. The art is nice as well as having some good music, so no problems there.

Conclusion: Lots of meh "story" bits mixed in with some genuinely good Majikoi fun. Needed to have more of the latter and less of the former, but oh well.

Just finished Majikoi S. All in all I'm fairly mixed. Although the "true", Tsubame's and, to some degree Mon's, routes were reasonably well done, the rest was a bit naff honestly. The after routes were basically 50% H-scenes, with the other 50% being pretty contrived or uninteresting bits and bobs. I guess I shouldn't have expected more from that part, but anyway... I had fun playing it though (especially Koyuki's part, although I wish more attention was paid for hers and the main characters interactions). One thing I was really impressed with was their use of anime/video segments; I think this had more of those than in any other VN I've read to date. The art is nice as well as having some good music, so no problems there.

Conclusion: Lots of meh "story" bits mixed in with some genuinely good Majikoi fun. Needed to have more of the latter and less of the former, but oh well.

Oh thank goodness. I barely got this working so haven't put much into it yet. So far its been so many H-scenes, not that I dislike that, but I was expecting more because it was Majikoi... At least I know I can look forward to more when I stop looking at the "after stories" (although all the sex for those makes sense but yeah...I was starting to wonder if this was all the game was gonna amount to)

• 4 weeks later...

Finished https://vndb.org/v97 today.

What I can say about it? It was... different. In positive way, of course. Great dilemma: "being happy weirdo or go by society's normalcy?". Plot was interesting. Characters was fine too (I mean mindset, their decisions was realistic). The main heroine was kinda too innocent, in my opinion. Sadly, producers should put few more random characters, or something, because I have feeling the world the VN was about, was too small. Poor made environment graphics, it could be better.

Just in short, I'm bad at describing anything.

Just finished Majikoi S. It was more or less what I expected. I will give it an 8.5 out of 10. 1 point off because I felt that the loli character Mon if I remember felt out of place. I mean IMO it would have made more sense if they added ageha instead making a whole new loli character. .5 off because they keep on adding all of these female characters and it feels like they are dragging the story on and on. Its time for a resolution.