How much of a critic are you, when reading eroge or Visual Novels?

Just like the title says.

I often find people noticing every little flaw in a Visual Novel,

and making incredibly long posts of what could have been better and stuff.

Really, I just read it and enjoy it.

The only thing I later really judge is, wether it has been boring or not.

What about you?

Edited by Maxar

I definitely fall into the 'far too much of a critic' category. If I like something, I try and explain why, same goes for if I don't. It's like some part of me feels that others(online anyway) might want to read my thoughts and use it to help them choose if they want to experience it or not. And at the same time, I'm interested in what others think, to compare my thoughts to them.

It's odd really, I don't feel the same sort of compulsion to write a review after seeing a movie or finishing a normal game. Maybe it has something to do with the emotional build up a good Visual Novel tends to bring out in me.

I definitely fall into the 'far too much of a critic' category. If I like something, I try and explain why, same goes for if I don't.

This. It's probably also because of me giving every finished visual novel a score. I mean you obviously have to analyze them for doing this.

That's also the reason why I barely write reviews, they are just too fuckin long because I'm writing about every little piece of shit. On the other

hand I sometimes tend to rage against a visual novel which I actually like. I mean you can still like a visual novel even if there's something which

totally annoys you right? For example the exposing scene in g-senjou no maou. The game was awesome, same goes for maou as a char,

but that scene seriously pissed me off. Couldn't they come up with something better?

Just like the title says.

I often find people noticing every little flaw in a Visual Novel,

and making incredibly long posts of what could have been better and stuff.

What about you?

I agee, who gives a crap how good it was as long as it was entertaining.

I like the idea of just enjoy the novel, yet sometime I cant help but criticize things like plothole etc.

but most of the time I try to enjoy it rather than ripped it apart with critism.

not a single one higher than "9", I'd say I'm far too much of a critic

Same here, high five. *clap*

I seriously doubt that I'll ever give a visual novel a 10/10.

I agee, who gives a crap how good it was as long as it was entertaining.

Because you will need some arguments if you want to explain other people why you found this game entertaining.

If you're just saying : Hey it was entertaining! Well, not very convincing right?

Haters gonna hate.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1004[/ATTACH]