Like the title says, do you have any VN or Eroge suggestions?

I ussually try new games when the admin posts them on Erogedownload.com, but there is still a list of games I never played and spending the entire day downloading a game that I end up not enjoying seems like a waste.

Anyway, some of my favorite games are:

Utawarerumono.

Fate/Stay Night.

Brave Soul.

The Rance Games that have been translated (And Daibanchou (Big Bang Age) are there any other translated Alicsoft games?)

Kamidori Alchemy Meister.

Princess Waltz.

Muv-Luv.

My Girlfriend is the President.

Men at Work.

Monstergirl Quest.

And some others I forgot....

Basically eroges and VNs with an RPG, Fantasy/Sci-Fi or strategy themes interest me. (Though I enjoy comedy as well.)

Any suggestions will be welcome, and I would like the admin for uploading all the smut I so enjoy to play. ;)

Edited by Risax

If you like monster girls (and aren't immediately opposed to watching your male MC being raped by them when you lose), then you must play monster girl quest. It's a game in the traditional RPG style, you get in fights, level up, learn new skills, and the like, and the story is really good too. The H scenes can be a mixed bag- some are really good, some are mediocre, some are creepy, some are weird, and some are unfappable lol. It all depends on what your tastes are. Part 1 is out and translated, and part 2 is out with a 66% translation patch right now, which could turn into a 100% translation within this month or the next (if my prayers are answered by roguetranslator).

If you like monster girls (and aren't immediately opposed to watching your male MC being raped by them when you lose), then you must play monster girl quest. It's a game in the traditional RPG style, you get in fights, level up, learn new skills, and the like, and the story is really good too. The H scenes can be a mixed bag- some are really good, some are mediocre, some are creepy, some are weird, and some are unfappable lol. It all depends on what your tastes are. Part 1 is out and translated, and part 2 is out with a 66% translation patch right now, which could turn into a 100% translation within this month or the next (if my prayers are answered by roguetranslator).

I knew I forgot to mention one game I played. >.

But yeah, I really liked the Monstergirl Quest game, and I can't wait for the 100% English Patch either.

hmm, possible, I didn't see it until now.

I'd suggest Tsukihime if you liked Fate, it's got that same suspenseful gripping story.

You might also check out Koihime Musou or G-Senjou no Maou. More so the former, as I haven't finished the latter yet(so can't say 100% how good it is), and it's less fantasy and more drama/mystery

Also it seems you like more of a solid game with your eroge according to those you listed above, I might also suggest Tears to Tiara(From the makers of Utawarerumono). I hear it has a good strategy combat element to it. Once again, I've not finished it, though I did just download it. Been distracted with Kamidori Alchemy Meister.

^^ Following Haika, Koihime Musou is good as a VN (the home base phase scenes, both the H and normal ones, are great), but the gameplay elements are very watered down, so if you're hoping for lots of gameplay time then this one probably isn't going to sate you. Tears to Tiara has markedly more involved gameplay, but the story tends to drag IMO.

On another note, if you're feeling like playing just a VN with no gameplay, it doesnt get much better than G-Senjou. It's a must-play in my book. And don't worry about your thread placement, people just don't stick around these kinds of threads lol. I tried making an 'official' recommendations thread, but it fell off of the first page :(. I still think we should have some stickied thread for game recommendations, because more and more of these kinds of threads are just going to keep appearing.

ever17: the out of infinity and remember11: the age of infinity = you'll love these if you're into sci-fi. They're all-ages though so dont expect any H-scene.

clannad = thought i'd recommend it. not much comedy though there are a couple of hilarious moments and some drama but overall its great.

shuffle and target pheromone = I suggest these two if you like fantasy. moderate comedy and its the ideal vn for me. good art and story but not much drama.

@Haika, Tears to Tiara was suggested to me before, but I forgot about it.

So thanks for bringing it up again, I'll give it a shot.

@Arco and Haika, I already played Koihime Musou, and it was a very enjoyable game! :D

@Arco, it's a shame that your official recommendations didn't work out, but it is a bit difficult to work out how to reccomend games, as everyone has different tastes.

But it's still a good idea.

@whitexshadow, thanks for the suggestions, I heard of Clannad before but I haven't played it yet.

As for the other suggestions, I haven't heard of them but they'll be worth checking out.

• 4 weeks later...
You would probly enjoy Edelweiss and Majikoi if you haven't tried them already.... :D

I haven't played Edelweiss yet, and I heard of Majikoi but I haven't downloaded it yet because the translation was not a 100% complete yet.

But I guess I could give both a try, thanks for the suggestions!

Hoshizora no Memoria

Sharin no Kuni

STEINS;GATE

I still haven't played Stein's;Gate, but I heard good things about it.

As for Hoshizora, I will download it...someday but there are like...16? 17? files you have to download and I'm to lazy to do that at the moment. (Plus I heard some crap about an April Fool's joke that's a bit of a bitch to fix, so I'm hoping that the translators release a new patch for it too.)

I haven't heard about Sharin no Kuni though.

Thanks for the suggestions!