This is the thread for talking about anime that you're watching during the period from now until the new year.

Not specifically for anime airing during this season but for anything you're currently watching, plan to watch or even won't consider watching. (idk if hentai is anime but this being an erogegames forum, sure, we can talk about that too.)

I am currently halfway through My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute and its pretty good if you chose to watch it knowing what its about. The comedy is hit/miss, character design is cute and the EDs and OPs reintroduced me to that kind of music.

Still waiting for that No Game No Life movie that came out just a week ago to be subbed ;-;

Currently Summer anime season got Made in Abyss which was pretty good, I expected it to be a concrete top anime this season. Though, it is definitely not for everyone, I have met people who says they don't wanna watch it simply because of the character designs : \

While we're on the topic of anime this Fall season, we're gonna have some noticeable ones: 3-gatsu no Lion S2 (:D), Umaru-chan S2 (._.), Pop Team Epic (LOL), Kekkai Sensen S2 (:0), Food Wars S3 (hype), and Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru (ayy).

Besides the sequels, the remake for Kino no Tabi looks interesting alongside with the original SE anime Dia Horizon~

Been watching the current second season of Boku No Hero Academia, done a good job on the latest arc. Also watching Made in Abyss so far I like the anime just the Main character is annoying to me, hopefully she gets better along the way.

Definitely waiting for the No Game No life Movie as well :), I am thinking of checking out Knights & Magic, looks interesting to me, and I still need to see what all the hype of food wars is Lol.

Not alot of anime interest me right now due to IRL events but I ll get around to them.

Oreimo was good, it has some harem elements but those are mostly overshadowed by the sister loving. The plot of all 31 epsidoes don't make a lot of sense but most of what I wanted to see was in the last episode, so that's OK.

Fortunately the next two anime i have lined up, Hajime no Ippo and Space Brothers, are less about "jeez, i want to bang my sister" and more about achieving an amazing goal and the hardships along the way. Or is that basically the same thing as Oreimo? :D

• 1 month later...

Let me sum up my impressions of the spring and summer season, both not really that great imo.

Spring

Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2

A solid second season, can't really say anything bad about it. I didn't like the pacing of some episodes but it wasn't really that bad. Of course the whole titan thing didn't have the same impact like it had in the first season but that's to be expected.

Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records

This anime will stay in my mind forever, because the first season was 100% slapstick comedy. I re-watched it directly after having finished it once. So good. Everything after episode 1 was your usual magic high school stuff. The protagonist had a somewhat interesting background and past but they didn't really focused on it, what a shame.

Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho

The first couple of episodes reminded me of Spice and Wolf (interaction between 2 main chars) and I liked the setting. But for some reason everything went down so quickly. It went from interesting to mediocre to boring and finally to why am I even watching this? Too bad. I thought this show had some great potential.

Eromanga-sensei

I simply had some wrong expectations for this one. Fortunately you quickly realize that this show isn't going anyway and if you are able to adapt to this, then you can actually enjoy it. Overall still meh but it has some cute moments here and there.

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?

This is my favourite anime of spring. It has a really interesting setting and main characters. I have to admit that some of the middle episodes were kinda so-so but the ending was so strong. Too bad that most people skip this show but I can understand because everything basically is a build up for the last episode.

Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul & Re:Creators

Still have to finish both anime but they are running on low priority since Bahamut wasn't really able to suck me in and Creators was missing action for me. I'll finish them eventually though.

Summer

Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e

I don't really know what happened. This was my favourite anime of this overall meh season, it was like a glimmer of light... and it became really good and interesting and then, all of the sudden, it feels like I'm watching a different anime. They just threw all the tension etc. they built up away. I don't have a lot of hope left for this to be honest.

Tsurezure Children & Aho Girl

What can I say? Short and funny. I like them both. Perfect to watch after an annoying day at work, for example.

Kakegurui

If you like fucked up shit, then that's the show for you. Overall pretty good, here and there some weaker parts, but I like it. It's different, in a good way.

Fate/Apocrypha

I still don't know what to think about this one.

Koi to Uso

Man this show started so good (that OP omg) but now it just ends up being the same "shit" we have seen over and over again. I knew this was bound to happen but still, damn. The setting really makes this anime special but after you explored it then there's your usual '2 girls love 1 guys - 1 guy loves 2 girls' kind of situation. It's still enjoyable.

• 1 month later...
OneManArmy you missed Made in Abyss, probably the best show so far in 2017~

one of the shows i really liked this season..... made in abyss. i liked 3 so far. inuyashiki, houseki no kuni and made in abyss..

p.s. episode 10 made in abyss was harsh..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...