Trouble with Re:Birthday Song english patch

The game is running perfectly on my computer; but even after replacing the rio.arc file as instructed, the game still displays in only Japanese. I did a few experiments of my own, such as multiple times deleting + re-extracting the re:birthday files + following the instructions once more; going to the translators page + downloading the patch directly from the source to replace the original rio.arc file; manually deleting the Japanese rio.arc file and dragging the english patch into the game location; but still no dice. As a test, I even just deleted the rio.arc file (the script file) and attempted to run the game and it still comes up in Japanese, no problem displaying text/script. I am beyond confused and any help would be SERIOUSLY appreciated.

Yes, every time I let it go to the first line, which is always in Japanese :/ 「ここは、どこだろう。」is what it always opens up with no matter how I try to install the patch. I can read a bit of Japanese and was considering just trying to play with the original text since I got the first few lines but I pretty quickly lost my way so I'm kinda riding on this english patch haha

Edited by skynub

Here is a simple walkthrough to setup the game with english patch, make sure doing the setup you don't change were it's setup or the game and patch won't work together. I did this in win 10, it works.

STEP 1

First, change your System Locale to Japanese

STEP 2

download the game

unzip the game

Next double-click on setup

After the setup, it's time for the english patch

FOR THE ENGLISH PATCH

use the patch in the patch folder

Move or copy and paste Rio.arc to this folder C:\Program Files (x86)\honeybee\Re:BIRTHDAY SONG~恋を唄う死神~ then replace it.

Start the game

The game will be automatically translated to English

I got it; thank you so much ! :> I was doing all the steps properly, but with the extracted files being in my downloads rather than program files. I didn't know it made a difference where the files were stored haha again thank you so much!!