What would be the best examples of visual novels where the MC's personality is determined by the choices? I can't find a tag that would work with this on VNDB.

I'm looking for a more immersive experience than the amnesiac/blank canvas that one is usually supposed to identify with (and not just a second evil route, either)

Thanks for your help!

m-

What would be the best examples of visual novels where the MC's personality is determined by the choices? I can't find a tag that would work with this on VNDB.

I'm looking for a more immersive experience than the amnesiac/blank canvas that one is usually supposed to identify with (and not just a second evil route, either)

Thanks for your help!

m-

im quite interested too. have you played any like this?

not sure if this qualifies... but sharin no kuni and fruits of grisaia has a really heavy personality but its route dependent and not choice dependent

What's the difference between "route dependent" and "choice dependent". Do you mean that the first type is where you pick a path at the beginning and not that the choices that you make lead you there? I'm sorry to bother you further, but I just can't think of examples of games like that.

I'm definitely playing Grisaia soon, I've been saving it...

Also, I found that Aloners is pretty good with making your character your own (it's on second person too, so that helps a lot with the immersion)

What's the difference between "route dependent" and "choice dependent". Do you mean that the first type is where you pick a path at the beginning and not that the choices that you make lead you there? I'm sorry to bother you further, but I just can't think of examples of games like that.

I'm definitely playing Grisaia soon, I've been saving it...

Also, I found that Aloners is pretty good with making your character your own (it's on second person too, so that helps a lot with the immersion)

haha i fucked up yet again! i was thinking that choice dependent personalities are the ones that changes the personality of the character by every choice you made, but i didnt think too deep about it, now that you mention it. choices also leads to routes so its the same xD

now i can say with confidence that these really are what you were looking for.

yume miru kusuri and song of saya also comes to mind now that i think about it..

haha i fucked up yet again! i was thinking that choice dependent personalities are the ones that changes the personality of the character by every choice you made, but i didnt think too deep about it, now that you mention it. choices also leads to routes so its the same xD

now i can say with confidence that these really are what you were looking for.

yume miru kusuri and song of saya also comes to mind now that i think about it..

Thanks! I really enjoyed Yume Miru Kusuri but I found it rather bleak. I have to say that Song of Saya sounds pretty depressing too.... If you think of any "lighter" VNs (at least some that don't make me cry a lot), I'd really appreciate it. Thanks so much for all your help!

Thanks! I really enjoyed Yume Miru Kusuri but I found it rather bleak. I have to say that Song of Saya sounds pretty depressing too.... If you think of any "lighter" VNs (at least some that don't make me cry a lot), I'd really appreciate it. Thanks so much for all your help!

remembered

when something heavy about to happen xD

ill comment when i remember something else....