Your favorite visual novel?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what? This is actually really hard, because there's just so many good ones, aren't there? But I think my list would be almost the same as desi's. That is...

Muv-Luv (series)

Sharin no Kuni

G-senjou

Katawa Shoujo

Ever17

It's too hard to pick one. Okay, maybe Muv-Luv then if there can be only one. Yea, ok. Because it's almost perfect in every way really. But for example, I loved the mysteries in Ever17 more than the ones in Muv-Luv. Katawa Shoujo had more interesting romance. As for G-senjou and Sharin... Well... They're excellent thrillers, I guess you could say. And they also both happen to have superb main characters. Takeshi is still great of course.

1. Steins;gate (KUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSUUUUUUUUUU)

2. Kara no Shoujo (I know not many will agree with this one, but I really liked it, also my avatar hints to the reason...)

3. Ever17 (first one I read+awesome plot)

4. Umineko no naku koro ni (Have yet to play chiru, loved the whole setting)

5. G senjou no Maou (Dat ending)

6. Little busters (Dat Refrain)

This are the ones I would review higher than 9/10 (steins;gate being 10/10 for me), note that I have yet to play Clannad/muv luv (alternative)/Sharin no kuni and Fate/stay Night and a lot of 'lesser' VN.

Edited by radiantmadness
  • 3 weeks later...
I guess i cant start on MLA til i deal with sumika and Meiya first. Also ...

i just beat Marimo's only route , a bad ending? Funny having a sub-heroine's only route as a bad ending.

there is only 2 main heroine...Meiya and Sumika

the rest actually the subs...

this is explained why when you finished both Meiya and Sumika's route...

MLE changed to MLU

1. Muv-Luv Series. Way too awesome for words. I received the story so well, I can't even decide whether to be on team Meiya or team Sumika. And I can't help but fall for Ayamine. So

I'll just have to live in an alternate universe where I have all of them as mistress and love them Hongou Kazuto-style.

2. Contested by Sharin no Kuni and G-Senjou (so far)

3. ef (for the manly tears)

4. Demonbane (renewed my high school interest in Lovecraft's works)

5. Koihime Musou (for combining great fap material and a good story well)

candidates for favorites: Clannad (in HDD), Little Busters (just started), Fate/SN(in HDD), Ever17(downloading)

Edited by evollove
At which point of the game did you cry?

(I'm interested because I didn't feel anything while playing this game.)

I think he is saying about the scene

After Taichi sends everyone back into the other world,he broadcasts the radio to other world and tell everyone about the value of living,and his life in looping world.That speech is really saddening, so it is not a surprise to find someone cry

Little Busters! for me. I havnt played EX tho, and also have only played about 5 other VNs total. But damn, LBs was so relatable, and the ending was executed so well IMO. I also loved every single character, which I never do about anything...and Then there's Kyousuke. my favorite character in anything, ever.

Well ish cryed at a few points...

However most of all the end...

I wont explain about myself but the sadness of being totally alone got to me...

And ish a girl x.x I just cant figure out how to edit my profile...

Edited by Anima
i just cant figure out how to edit my profile...

Click on "Settings", it's in the upper left cornor. Then click on "Edit Profile" and change the stuff. There's currently a little bug so that you can't see what's under "Additional Information".

1. About myself

2. Location

3. Hobbies

4. Job

Yay ish huggles youuuu ^.^

Ive been trying to do that for a month, altho ish still dun get a few things.

Oh and as far as games go CROSS†CHANNEL is my faverite

I love anime but since I dun know anyone who likes it I dun know very many storys or much about it...

CROSS†CHANNEL still the best to me tho >.

Its so hard to find a truely intresting story...Well in my opinion anyway...

Edited by Anima
  • 2 weeks later...

well there sure lots fate stay night fans around, but never read it my self so i guess i'll put it to my must download list.

so far i've finish:

to heart(my 1st VN ah~~ remember good old days), kanon (search true ending was hell), Kana little sister (this one is full of tragedy, tears and sadness), Brave soul , critical point, Private nurse (most likely duel), little my maid, figure of happiness series , heart da roommate, piece of wonder, yo jin bo (after get killed many times), chain, virgin rooster (i'm bad), discipline (totally bad) , bible black ( supreme bad), do you llike horny bunnies series, lets meow meow (suprisingly not just catgirl inside), bazooka cafe (big breast with chocolate, who can say no), come to see me tonight, snowdrop (talk about playing hard to get), snow sakura (truelove story), princess waltz (intense battle with good artwork), sagara family, yin yang 1-3, x-change alternative , yume miru kusuri , gadget trial.

and the winner is:

the most interesting true love story: snow sakura

the craziest sex scene: bible black

tear frenzy VN: kana little sister

the most intense: princess waltz

sorry i cant really think which one the best lol

and the winner is:

the most interesting true love story: snow sakura

the craziest sex scene: bible black

tear frenzy VN: kana little sister

the most intense: princess waltz

sorry i cant really think which one the best lol

You don't like yume miru kusuri.:confused:

I think it is the best VN among all the VNs you mentioned aside from kana little sister and kanon.

Edited by phantasm
You don't like yume miru kusuri.:confused:

I think it is the best VN among all the VNs you mentioned aside from kana little sister and kanon.

it's not like that...... well sorry if this count as spoiler.

from what i read at the back of dvd and my playing experience, it actually count as one of the best, judging it has great artwork, the overall story i played also good, but unfortunately the dvd i brought has some corrupted data so from 3 heroine i only able to get past trough 1 heroine which is aeka, somehow the game let me save the data but it wont load for some reason (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻□

I already try to re-install it twice but no luck, so i decided to do one night stand run in order to beat one story plot, with no save at all, but the odds is against me, it also broken in the middle i think it's in on a scene which aeka being bullied at the rooftop while the protagonist out getting food at the school cafetaria. which is frustating.............

for the note: i'm still putting it on my download list and honestly i'm still curious what will happen next

Just try downloading it from here and installing this version, it should work, if the problem was the game disc you bought.

so i decided to do one night stand run in order to beat one story plot, with no save at all

I think this is a great use of the term "one night stand" - we should make this a thing, the one night stand run.