Which is worst Fugly or Monet (when its going to mind#%& you) ?

: Which is worst Fugly or Monet (when its going to mind#%& you) ?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. : Which is worst Fugly or Monet (when its going to mind#%& you) ?

• Its better ugly as hell...I dont want to have that much of an attachment to it.
    • It needs to be a masterpiece since I wouldn't touch it if it didn't at least look like mona lisa.
    • Anythings find with me.
    • Other (specify by posting if you can)

Well, I'm sure the title is a bit of a conundrum, but it was the only thing I could come up with.:p

This thread is mostly about anyone having an opinion on which is better/worst in viewing anime or visual novels or other visual aids material if the content or story line is full of seriously messed up things..It could be NTR, rape, bestiality, and many other near or mostly shocking contents.

I can't say for certain but I would prefer something in the middle but I would probably go for more artsy things. I don't mind the emotional backlash you get after viewing the real or beautifully animated heroine suddenly get...well...something, something., something. Any story is more or less a good story but the art in question plays a large part towards our way of thinking. I would be less affected watching rape if the heroine was poorly drawn or just plain ugly. Ask if you don't understand the question and sorry in advance for the confusion.

EDIT: Don't post pics or videos if you think they are in any way shocking to some people

Edited by Slasherturtle

If i interpreted your question correctly its a choice between visually appealing but storyline repelling versus the converse.

The only two Vn's that repulsed would be Bible black and its spiritual successor Discipline: Record of a crusade, both of mediocre image quality and to me rather repelling contnet.

You mentioned that bad drawing would mean less emotional connection to characters or events but it would work the other way, high definition gore/w/e repulsive scene is much more graphically intense. As the clarity of the images allows us to connect and accept the world of the VN more readily as 'real'.

So middle ground is probably my choice.

i must admit i'm also confused ... but i'd say it depends on what i expect at the moment i find the game ( i can play a game even if the story is clearly bad for exemple if the theme or settings appeal to me or the CG for that matter and the reverse is true) so 4th option for me i guess ( wouldn't have that problem if all VN were masterpieces in their own fields )

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Fugly and Monet mean in some way both "ugly"?

And yeah, seriously..

I can't answer that question.

Seeing an ugly person getting raped or whatever, is just as disturbing in my opinion, as seeing someone beautiful getting raped.

I just can't stand it, and that is why I try to stay away from such stuff as much as possible.

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Fugly and Monet mean in some way both "ugly"?

No. Monet was the founder of the impressionist movement (it's actually named after one of his works). Regardless of your views on impressionism, Monet is not a synonym for ugliness. At least, not one in common use.

And I would agree with the "stay away from it in general" crowd.