Errr ...

the only time I heard about XInput it was about gamepads (probably also joysticks).

Gamepads (joysticks) in windows use either XInput OR DirectInput (legacy), games will work with one of them but not with the other - maybe there are games that can handle both, I don't know.

On my gamepad it has a little switch that I can choose either XInput or DirectInput, the latter mostly for older games. I usually keep it at DirectInput, because old games - and so far I think all Japanese games I played worked fine with this.

The odd thing is that from the vndb page I do not get the impression that it is a VN that was made to be played with gamepad or joystick?

But in case you have a gamepad or similar to use with your PC, update its drivers / update windows / set it to use XInput if it has such switch (Logitech gamepads I think they all have it).

Can not really hurt.

Edited by Göffel

Has nothing to do with gamepads. You don't have DirectX/Visual Basic C++ libraries installed. That's all there is to it (one of the .DLLs there is Xinput1_3)

Look it up on the net, it's fairly easy to fix the problem. Just download and install those and you are ready to go (I am curious as to how and why you don't have that installed yet since 90% of applications need it one way or the other xD).