Horror VN Recommendations Wanted

Hey Everyone

ive Been Playing and looking for horror, Disturbing Visual Novels ever since i played Doki Doki Literature Club, i always wanted a visual novel with creepy and unsettling atmosphere, maybe even a jump scare if possible

VN games i played so far

Stein-Gate (My Favorite VN of all time, however it isnt horror)

Wonderful Everyday or *Subahibi* (best Horror VN, even better than DDLC)

Higurashi (really great)

Euphoria (eroge with scat but surprisingly Had some of the best Horror moments)

Starless (the most disgusting game but enjoyed the play for lulz, thought it had some horror elements like euphoria)

all Muv-luv main Games (Aside from THAT ONE SCENE., it only had like 2 or 3 other creepy moments, it was nonetheless a Solid and Extremely Polished Game)

You only Die Once (dunno if this counts as vn, but REALLY enjoyed it and its shame its not finished yet

all Danganronpa and Zero Escape Games (both are my 2nd favorite after stein gate, they had some really creepy moments but Solid Games non the less)

Please Recommend Me some Translated Horror games thats closer the ones on the list

much appreciated

Kara no Shoujo is one of the best.

If you enjoy horror I highly recommend Kara no Shoujo and it's slightly deformed cousin, Cartagra.

There is also of course the seminal work Song of Saya.

All three titles have palpable auras of dread and feature gratuitous amounts of gore. Eat your heart out.

Edited by napoleon

Like Napo said, Kara no Shoujo series is a masterpiece, but before playing KnS play Cartagra first since those two are related, it'll help you understand the story in the KnS better.

There's also:

Corpse Party series - pretty famous for its atmospheric horror vibe. Rare example of how a simple JRPG made with RPG maker engine got famous and made into a full series.

Divi-Dead - decent, but old and kinda annoying to run to.

Dustmania - since you can stomach the likes of Euphoria and such, you might want to check this one, though it's more of a guro game than horror.

Knifepoint Horror - pretty good, too bad the developer gave up on developing this further, also free.

Lynne - to be honest, I haven't read this one, but I saw people praising it

Night of the Forget-Me-Nots - classic one, short and free.

Phenomeno - released as a Freeware to promote the main novel.

Rinjin - decent one.

Play/read these with your lights out and headphone on for maximum amount of suspense. ;)

Kara no Shoujo is one of the best.

If you enjoy horror I highly recommend Kara no Shoujo and it's slightly deformed cousin, Cartagra.

There is also of course the seminal work Song of Saya.

All three titles have palpable auras of dread and feature gratuitous amounts of gore. Eat your heart out.

i actually played song of saya (sorry forgot to mention it) its really cool game, bit shame its kinda short

regarding kara no shoujo, what u recommend me play first

• 2 weeks later...