VN Reading Club August 2020: ATRI ~My Dear Moment~

wZL8k9v.png

The visual novel reading club is back and 4 whole people decided to say they are interested in joining! While the voting was clearly rigged (we all know Neko >>> Flan), we will look past that. Even if you didn't vote, feel free to join in and discuss the game.

Here is the announcement thread to give you a quick rundown: https://erogegames.com/eroge-visual-novels/eroge-general-talk/54945-announcing-continuation-vn-reading-club/

ATRI -My Dear Moments- | vndb

584_2020050343344506.jpg

In the near future, a sudden and unexplained sea rise has left much of human civilization underwater.

Ikaruga Natsuki, a boy who lost his mother and his leg in an accident some years earlier, returns disillusioned from a harsh life in the big city to find his old countryside home half-swallowed by the sea.

Left without a family, all he has to his name is the ship and submarine left to him by his oceanologist grandmother, and her debts.

His only hope to restore the dreams for the future that he has lost is to take up an opportunity presented to him by the suspicious debt collector Catherine. They set sail to search the sunken ruins of his grandmother's laboratory in order to find a treasure rumor says she left there.

But what they find is not riches or jewels; it is a strange girl lying asleep in a coffin at the bottom of the sea.

Atri.

Atri is a robot, but her appearance and her wealth of emotions would fool anyone into think she's a living, breathing human being. In gratitude for being salvaged, she makes a declaration to Natsuki.

"I want to fulfill my master's final order. Until I do, I'll be your leg!"

In a little town slowly being enveloped by the ocean, an unforgettable summer is about to begin for this boy and this mysterious robot girl...

Basically, we decided to choose a visual novel that is relatively new and seemed fun to read as a group. Since the visual novel is on the shorter side, we decided to run this month's game for two weeks. Officially it will last from August 17 - 31, but feel free to start discussing it today!

Use this thread to talk about who the best girls are, who is the most kawaii and other plot points & theories you feel like bringing up. Remember to use spoiler tags when necessary.

chrome_95cojxj1j1.png

584_2020050343344506.jpg

Read a good chunk today.

unknown.png

The VN tech of 2020 really is something else. Now you can... save a clip of the VA!

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

There are also a lot of $ being poured into the art and graphic for this game. Lots of moving animation that in certain scenes there's always something animated. Made the VN more lively, but are they that necessary? Not really.

Still, nice to see a top-quality caliber VN of 2020. This would definitely do well from an anime adaptation since the animation and Atri's mischief would be even better to watch.

unknown.png

unknown.png

I guess when it comes to the MC, he does not really stand out from the pool of MCs. He does look ok for a change, but his past and tie just don't feel very concrete. Not too many space to give him a special spotlight I guess.

He does provide good chemistry with Atria so far though and I look forward to more.

unknown.png

(i was like, school even in this setting, really)

unknown.png

unknown.png

(higu stare)

Other characters also suffer the same problem of just "being there" to fulfill a diversed cast. So I guess it's more to blame on the length of the VN more than the writer.

unknown.png

unknown.png

(haha she actually says RIP)

unknown.png

The main spotlight and probably the big reason I enjoy the VN. The devs know this as well and made her as mischievous and adorable as possible to gain your bias. I swear they already have an anime planned...

But yeah from the VN she is the only character that feels like a character. Expected for a VN named after her. More photos of her mischief below:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

(girl got jokes)

unknown.png

unknown.png

Fun time probably won't last, judging from the opening. For now the VN does feel a bit bland as Atri herself can't carry the whole cast or the little exploration of the town. But in time we will see if I'm wrong.

Edited by kn1000a

Got mini-progress today:

Once again the graphic and sceneries are so pretty. Just imagine this hallway of shallow water, while you can see the ocean outside of the windows give me a sense of calmness and peace.

unknown.png

Another beautiful scene, the devs really did put everything into the visual:

unknown.png

Atri still in the spotlight as the mischievous loli giving you lots of fun moments:

unknown.png

unknown.png

I also just realized all the pics I attached to my last post disappeared. I thought once I attached them here I could delete them off of Discord, guess not.

Edited by kn1000a
  • 3 weeks later...

At the moment, we are also super dead lol

I'm currently working on a project that would take a lot of time, so shelving ATRI rn

Rah doing his yearly Madden ritual, so no hope for him.

Welp, guess not enough turnouts really hurt motivation to restart the Reading Club. Guess it's back to the grave :\

But once I finished with the project and came back to ATRI I'll post my updates, for whomever is left to see~