I downloaded all 3 part of Kanon+ English patch. I extracted all the files from winrar and I entered the apication named RealLive. Not only is everything in Japanese even though I installed the English patch and patched the game but after going to New Game it automaticly crashes. Waht am I doing wrong and how do I fix it?

• 2 weeks later...

Is kanon even on steam? didn't see it

not very experienced with VM but i know VNs like to run on win 7 for some reason. So maybe give it a try if it doesn't bother you.

Also on VNDB, i saw that Kanon has some eng patches on other platforms. If nothing else work you could try emulating them.

Does any error message pop up?

If it's japanese, make a screenshot.

Otherwise, try running it with AppLocale, if that does not work, try setting your system locale to japanese.

Though I did not have to do that when I played Kanon, I had other VNs just randomly crash unless my timezone was set to japan as well, maybe try that if you want, but I doubt that's the problem.

If you're up to it, I'm 99% certain a VM will make it work.

Edited by Maxar
  • 2 weeks later...

Weird stuff, but luckily now you know that it's the Reallive not working. If you search online people have this issue with Clannad too apparently

Here is one thread with the person saying they solved it by disabling their antivirus Reallive not working :: CLANNAD General Discussions

another thread with some generic diagnostic solutions Need help!! :: CLANNAD General Discussions