Which is the Final Fantasy series you like the most.

Which is the Final Fantasy series you like the most  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the Final Fantasy series you like the most

• Final Fantasy 7
    • Final Fantasy 8
    • Final Fantasy 10, 10-2
    • Final Fantasy 11
    • Final Fantasy 12
    • Final Fantasy 13
    • Others

For me i only play though a few final fantasy series, and it is quite disappointing 2 out 3. The only series that make me CRY HARD is Final Fantasy X,

Others well ~ the story such no good enough, so as the gameplay.

http://images.psxextreme.com/wallpapers/ps3/ps3_ff10_01.jpg

Upload a pic of the series you choose, if you want.

Umm, you barely have 50% of the games listed here. I seriously doubt that the limit on poll options in this forum can give you a true un-biased result on this question.

Leaving aside those that were listed here, you have FF1, FF2, FF3, FF4/2, Interlude, The After Years, FF5, FF6/3, FF9(even if you only meant the modern games this should be there if you put 8), FF14(You put 11 up, might as well put up the other mmo grind game), FF13-2(You put up 10-2 might as well put up the other modern money grab option.)

Then there's the games outside of the main series. Tactics, Tactics advanced, Adventure, Mystic Quest, Legend 1, Legend 2, Legend 3, Crystal Chronicles, Dirge of Cerberus. You could even technically include Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2, and the psp battle games.

The others option is way too big. I think you may want to try and narrow down your question some.

In answer to the vague question as it stands, My favorite is FF4/2. I'm a Rydia fanboy, and have been since I was extremely young and played the game on my friends snes when all I had access to was a garage sale bought nes that barely worked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcYVM1EpSjc

Edited by Haika

I was pretty indifferent on 7. 8 was a goddamn technological marvel and it's got some brilliant animation for the time, but its story is godawful and it's incredibly breakable with a levelling system that actively punishes you for not gaming it. 10 is fairly pretty and its gameplay is interesting, but its cast is godawful with a mediocre story. I don't do MMOs, so haven't played 11. 12 is awful all around - it isn't much prettier than previous stuff, it has a shitty cast, it has a terrible story, and its gameplay is flat out pants on head retarded. 13-1 is pretty but boring and repetitive and suffers from Datalog Disease, while 13-2 is really goddamn pretty and I think its gameplay makes an attempt to atone for 13-1's flaws.

I haven't played 1/2/3. 4/5/6 are kinda similar, and are all really good. They've got a simplicity that Square should really go back to. They aren't deep or artistic - but neither are 7/8/10/12/13, and the NES games are fun. Square can't really do artistic or deep. They aren't known for it - they're known for incredible technology and visuals. They ought to cut the pretentious bullcrap and go back to the basics, and they might be a good developer again.

FF9 is probably my favorite, because it's pretty much a direct callback to the earlier games, in tone and style and several other things (elemental bosses, items that directly reference earlier games, etc.). Also Zidane is the best FF hero on any of the Playstation titles, no contest.

Umm, you barely have 50% of the games listed here. I seriously doubt that the limit on poll options in this forum can give you a true un-biased result on this question.

Leaving aside those that were listed here, you have FF1, FF2, FF3, FF4/2, Interlude, The After Years, FF5, FF6/3, FF9(even if you only meant the modern games this should be there if you put 8), FF14(You put 11 up, might as well put up the other mmo grind game), FF13-2(You put up 10-2 might as well put up the other modern money grab option.)

Then there's the games outside of the main series. Tactics, Tactics advanced, Adventure, Mystic Quest, Legend 1, Legend 2, Legend 3, Crystal Chronicles, Dirge of Cerberus. You could even technically include Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2, and the psp battle games.

The others option is way too big. I think you may want to try and narrow down your question some.

In answer to the vague question as it stands, My favorite is FF4/2. I'm a Rydia fanboy, and have been since I was extremely young and played the game on my friends snes when all I had access to was a garage sale bought nes that barely worked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcYVM1EpSjc

come on...

like he said..

he just played some so he's not into FF series..

btw i played FFIV on SNES..

did u start on that or the current remake series?

I was pretty indifferent on 7. 8 was a goddamn technological marvel and it's got some brilliant animation for the time, but its story is godawful and it's incredibly breakable with a levelling system that actively punishes you for not gaming it. 10 is fairly pretty and its gameplay is interesting, but its cast is godawful with a mediocre story. I don't do MMOs, so haven't played 11. 12 is awful all around - it isn't much prettier than previous stuff, it has a shitty cast, it has a terrible story, and its gameplay is flat out pants on head retarded. 13-1 is pretty but boring and repetitive and suffers from Datalog Disease, while 13-2 is really goddamn pretty and I think its gameplay makes an attempt to atone for 13-1's flaws.

I haven't played 1/2/3. 4/5/6 are kinda similar, and are all really good. They've got a simplicity that Square should really go back to. They aren't deep or artistic - but neither are 7/8/10/12/13, and the NES games are fun. Square can't really do artistic or deep. They aren't known for it - they're known for incredible technology and visuals. They ought to cut the pretentious bullcrap and go back to the basics, and they might be a good developer again.

FF9 is probably my favorite, because it's pretty much a direct callback to the earlier games, in tone and style and several other things (elemental bosses, items that directly reference earlier games, etc.). Also Zidane is the best FF hero on any of the Playstation titles, no contest.

but i remember the best summon of all time..

Knights of the round in FFVII..

and FFVIII final boss(i forget the name) are weaker than Kefka(FFVI)

The only FF games I ever completed was.... Tactics, 12 and 13. I played 7,9,10, and 10-2 but never even got halfway with those (They was my cousin's games so I only played them while I was visiting.)

But I have like and dislike them all about the same so I can't pick a favorite. I enjoyed playing them all so far and thats all I care about.

VII, VIII, IX, X for me.

I played XIII/XIII -2 and I actually liked them, yeah it's different but different doesn't means bad, it didn't deserved all the hate it received IMO.

Looking foward XIII Versus now.

come on...

like he said..

he just played some so he's not into FF series..

btw i played FFIV on SNES..

did u start on that or the current remake series?

Ugh the remakes... they actually arn't all that bad, but they change things. Mostly the names. His name is Milton dangit... I don't care if it was a translation error, I played it first with those changes, and thus they are ingrained into me.

*shakes his video game old man's cane as he sits in a rocking chair in front of his computer grumbling*

(And yes, I've played just about every FF game on the original consoles they came out on. I've only yet to play 13-2. And I expect I'll get to it eventually.)

Ugh the remakes... they actually arn't all that bad, but they change things. Mostly the names. His name is Milton dangit... I don't care if it was a translation error, I played it first with those changes, and thus they are ingrained into me.

*shakes his video game old man's cane as he sits in a rocking chair in front of his computer grumbling*

(And yes, I've played just about every FF game on the original consoles they came out on. I've only yet to play 13-2. And I expect I'll get to it eventually.)

hmmm..

the remakes are wuite good..

especiallyu can see the grown up Rydia..

btw cheers man for bring another avid FFgamer..

byt FFXIII-2 seems out of my reach for the moment

oh ya..

did ya try DIssidia?

hmmm..

the remakes are wuite good..

especiallyu can see the grown up Rydia..

btw cheers man for bring another avid FFgamer..

byt FFXIII-2 seems out of my reach for the moment

oh ya..

did ya try DIssidia?

We will have to agree to disagree about the remakes then. The 'grown up' bugs the heck out of me. They keep drawing her happy and cheerful, and that really shouldn't be. Logic says the girl who's mother was killed before her eyes, and village burnt down around her and then 'kidnapped' by the people who did such things, would change someone. I really wish they would draw her more quiet and withdrawn.

As to Dissidia, yep, I've played it. Not much really since I don't own a psp, just fooled around a bit on my brother's game. From what little I played it seemed interesting, but battle games have a limited range to me. I'd much rather play an rpg.

We will have to agree to disagree about the remakes then. The 'grown up' bugs the heck out of me. They keep drawing her happy and cheerful, and that really shouldn't be. Logic says the girl who's mother was killed before her eyes, and village burnt down around her and then 'kidnapped' by the people who did such things, would change someone. I really wish they would draw her more quiet and withdrawn.

As to Dissidia, yep, I've played it. Not much really since I don't own a psp, just fooled around a bit on my brother's game. From what little I played it seemed interesting, but battle games have a limited range to me. I'd much rather play an rpg.

i know what you mean..

but the emo version of the are during her earlier age(during kid)

during her adulthood..]she was glad that she could meet with Cecil again...

It was rumored that Rydia have a crush on Cecil, after she started to accept that Cecil doesn't mean to kill her mother's guardian

• 1 month later...

i've loved them all but 6 and 8 are the ones I hold dearest. 8 was the first rpg that I truly devoted myself to playing and 8 was an awesome breath of fresh air after the technical train wreck that was 7.... Take away the story and cast of memorable characters and yer left with a poorly translated bug riddled mess. 9-13 I own all of them and liked them for differing reasons.

Even tho I did play FF XI religiously for a good 3-4 years I always hated the fact that it was along with its successor XIV given a numbered entry in the series since they are MMO's placing them with the rest like that seemd sorta wrong to me.

Definately 12 for me, Was the most enjoyable and I could play that game again and again and again without ever getting bored of it.

...What?

This is absolutely baffling to me. It's a grindfest that you can pretty much set to play without you. I quit like halfway through, one of like three games that have got me to do that, because it was so damn boring. How is it engaging?!

Gettin' mad at FF opinions ITT.

...What?

This is absolutely baffling to me. It's a grindfest that you can pretty much set to play without you. I quit like halfway through, one of like three games that have got me to do that, because it was so damn boring. How is it engaging?!

Gettin' mad at FF opinions ITT.

FF7 fans then~

• 4 weeks later...