Hello forum, Its me Yachi again. Today (or should I say tonight) im asking for your help. Its currently 2:49 A.M for me and I cant sleep.Ive tried just laying down, Listening to music, watching T.V, I even got on here and lurked for a while but to no avail. Put simply I cant get tired no matter what. And even when I do fall asleep I only get like 3 or 4 hours of sleep and thats not healthy. I would like to know if anyone has tips on getting to sleep. Thanks forum!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well for tonight i can't really help you, but what i usually do is i get off the computer, take a hot shower, lay down in bed and start listening to some classic music, and i usually get sleepy fast, also if you do exercises it will help alot, even if it's just a walk around the park everyday.

Do you feel tired during the day? If not then I won't care at all. Sometimes your body just doesn't need the normal amount of sleep and that's it. Some years ago I couldn't sleep for a whole week because I couldn't get tired. Then suddenly, one evening, instant sleep mod on.

So yeah, don't worry.

Hello forum, Its me Yachi again. Today (or should I say tonight) im asking for your help. Its currently 2:49 A.M for me and I cant sleep.Ive tried just laying down, Listening to music, watching T.V, I even got on here and lurked for a while but to no avail. Put simply I cant get tired no matter what. And even when I do fall asleep I only get like 3 or 4 hours of sleep and thats not healthy. I would like to know if anyone has tips on getting to sleep. Thanks forum!

Two things you can try

Get comfy, lay there, Dont even think about going to sleep, Just stop caring.

Or:

Got any pain killers?

Two Paracetamol will do, It doesnt make you sleepy, But it makes your relax, I take two on nights i'm worried, or cant sleep.

And when did you wake up?

I often can't sleep when I slept too long and go too early to bed (but well, that's obvious).

Something a friend suggested me, is to read something or do some math.

Something that tires your brain.

Don't know if it actually makes you tired, but it seemed kinda plausible.

In my experience, the best treatment for insomnia is masturbation...

yup... there's your answer...

i'm an insomniac for 14 years now... and most of the time, that was a GREAT solution...

and probably avoid consuming caffeine, specially coffee...

I don't sleep either D: Oh well, that's 9 extra hours playing eroge!

Sugoi!!! Tensai da!!!

Amazing!!! What a genius!!!

well, the only problem is school and work... I can only go for 2 weeks without sleep, on the 15th day, my body crashes...

Do you feel tired during the day? If not then I won't care at all. Sometimes your body just doesn't need the normal amount of sleep and that's it. Some years ago I couldn't sleep for a whole week because I couldn't get tired. Then suddenly, one evening, instant sleep mod on.

So yeah, don't worry.

No I do not feel tired during the day, its weird...But I shall try things the others have said and see if they work tonight. The only real reason im worried about this is because I have school, but thats only for another month so I wont have to worry about it soon.

I have sleeping problems too and I've made a habit of hitting the sack really early, except I don't go to sleep. I just lie down reading some hentai doujins until my eyes get tired and I usually fall asleep at a time I should be sleeping. Pretty weird solution but whatever works.

No I do not feel tired during the day, its weird...But I shall try things the others have said and see if they work tonight. The only real reason im worried about this is because I have school, but thats only for another month so I wont have to worry about it soon.

When did your problem start??? just recently???

Well like I said before, if you don't feel tired or have any problems with your concentration or body capacity then everything's alright. The human body is way too complicated to understand anyway, sometimes it just doesn't need the usual amount of sleep. Hell, one week I barely eat anything because I just hadn't any hunger. All the people around me were worried like shit but again the same thing, after some time everything went back to normal.

Don't worry that much and calm down, if you're tired then sleep, otherwise not.

Don't worry that much and calm down, if you're tired then sleep, otherwise not.

Right!!! getting anxious won't fix anything...

besides, worrying about it will only worsen you sleeping issue...

Relax, if you really can't, come here, I'll give you a PUNCH (Just kidding)... hehehe

I only just noticed it about a month ago, and I just decided to address the issue.

Since a month eh? Well that's quite long though. Do you have any problems in real life? Too much stress could also be a reason for your sleeping problem. But on the other had, you don't feel tired, there shouldn't be any problems. Just try to stay up longer than usual and only go to bed if you really feel sleepy.

Since a month eh? Well that's quite long though. Do you have any problems in real life? Too much stress could also be a reason for your sleeping problem. But on the other had, you don't feel tired, there shouldn't be any problems. Just try to stay up longer than usual and only go to bed if you really feel sleepy.

This has to be one of the most un-stressful times of my life honestly, and I ended up staying up all night last night so hopefully I can get some sleep tonight.

That's right... take your time, and your body will solve it by itself

Protip: Your body can only fall asleep once your skin reaches the same temperature as your body's core temperature. In other words, you fall asleep once your body is basically the same temperature throughout. This is why people sleep with blankets (plus it's comfy) and trying to sleep in a hot/cold environment sucks. The best way I've found to get this to happen is to have your room be pretty cool, sit there for like five minutes to adjust to the coolness, then get into a cool bed. As your body warms the bed up, your skin gets warmer and you get sleepier, until your body equalizes and you fall asleep.

Protip: Your body can only fall asleep once your skin reaches the same temperature as your body's core temperature. In other words, you fall asleep once your body is basically the same temperature throughout. This is why people sleep with blankets (plus it's comfy) and trying to sleep in a hot/cold environment sucks. The best way I've found to get this to happen is to have your room be pretty cool, sit there for like five minutes to adjust to the coolness, then get into a cool bed. As your body warms the bed up, your skin gets warmer and you get sleepier, until your body equalizes and you fall asleep.

Nice advice!!!

Already proven, but not effective for long-term insomniacs wherein the body itself has a reversed sleeping habits...

But that might solve YACHI's problem...