Well, wouldn't be right of me to put my own favourite on here just yet, having only completed 1-4 of Higurashi so far. That said, I love it either way of course! Can't get enough of Hinamizawa.

*edited because I didn't think of Umineko translating (poorly) to "Seacat"... nope, seriously didn't... now I might look a bit less silly! (don't worry battler, wouldn't intentionally troll you like that here anyway, hehe)*

Yea, that's true... Well I for one do love everything so far in Higurashi, that's for sure. ^^ It fits my preferences perfectly more or less.

But as for Ni VS Kai - it'll depend on arc 7 and 8 I suppose. Still reading it! The music in Kai is better anyway in general, but the arcs in Ni are certainly very excellent (2+3 especially), soooo... we'll see how 7 and 8 stacks up to the rest.

• 3 months later...

Weeeeeeell, suffice it to say, Umineko Ni is my favourite now so far. It feels kinda weird to say that though because I fucking love Higurashi... geez. But yea it's still true. Umineko Ni was better than Higurashi Ni & Kai for me on *most* points.

Will Chiru be EVEN BETTER? I hope so. If it is, then this has been an ever improving experience for me. From Higu Ni -> Higu Kai -> Umi Ni -> Umi Chiru... and that is funny, because the very first hour of Higurashi Ni was enough to get me completely hooked.

It's VN bliss I tell ya.

• 1 month later...

uhuhu, thanks for inviting me to this group~

well, i can't believe that Rose Guns Days came from 07th Expansion, i mean look at those character sprites.. OAO

but yeah, i know i can't condemn about it, i've only read Umineko and i love it, and planning to read the rest of the 07th Expansion release~

for now, waiting for UmiTweak patch for Umineko Chiru Arc