What happened with the website? Why the new interface? does things need to be added back in?

I have no clue where to put this but

As the title says,

I was wondering what happened to the old interface? It's been a couple of months since I've been on here and all of the sudden stuff changed. It's rather had to find the stuff that I was able to find before. did things need to get added back onto the site? I have no clue whats going on.

Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, Natsuki said:

As the title says,

I was wondering what happened to the old interface? It's been a couple of months since I've been on here and all of the sudden stuff changed. It's rather had to find the stuff that I was able to find before. did things need to get added back onto the site? I have no clue whats going on.

Thanks in advance.

Some old features like who's online is yet to be added. All games and downloads are the same though.

Ivan said he has to update the site due to outdate codes. Old site would be a security risk in 2021.

5 hours ago, Natsuki said:

As the title says,

Thanks in advance.

Pretty much what @kn1000a said. Old site was using really outdated code base that was no longer compatible with modern server architecture.

As for functionality, pretty much everything that was available before is working now (there are some graphical bugs with oldest uploads that need to be manually fixed, but the download links etc. are still working - page just looks like ass, since game covers aren't displayed properly), but some things work slightly different now. What exactly are you having problems finding?

• 3 months later...

i have some feedback as well

-vndb links are really cool but some entries on here are still mising official links, so i suggest adding their steam or dlsite links too when vndb is not available

-ability to delete posts in the forum and shouts in the sb

thanks!

Edited by GoldenVampire