Do you prefer your eroge H Scenes Censored or Uncensored?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter for me, because I play eroges/VN for the story, and not for the sex :) I'm sure I'm not the only one with this opinion :D

the post is about H scenes though.. even if you're in it for the story you ought to have a preference, no? XD

btw, my top 5 favourite VN's have no adult content at all, so that makes two of us :D

No.

So, you'd prefer a blocky pixelated/blurry clusterfuck area that further breaks the fourth wall and screams 'censored!!' in your face instead of a lower quality area in a CG?

ok.

@Gerard the Lone Wolf

Your example is truly horrible, when i said 'even if poorly drawn' i wasn't thinking of anything near that level of awefulness for 'poorly drawn'. Fortunately, i haven't encountered such a thing.

@All those saying they don't care because the story and this and that and blabla:

Nice and all, but nothing to do with the topic of the thread.

Edit- Some games I need to Add Harle if you dont mind :) Umineko, Narcissu, Phantom of Inferno, Higurashi, Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate, True Remembrance, Sekien no Inganock, Shikkoku no Sharnoth (I DONT COUNT THAT ONE SCENE!!!), Planetarian,

Haha, right. I'll get to those someday too, especially that Higurashi + Umineko combo... and Steins;Gate... and Inganock + Sharnoth (Liar-soft!)... and... Yes, most of those titles.

@All those saying they don't care because the story and this and that and blabla:

Nice and all, but nothing to do with the topic of the thread.

Sure? We only answered the question and explained why ;)

I played many eroges now, but hehe, I only watch the scenes I want, and that's really rare. Furthermore, the range for uncensored scenes is really small. The advantage of uncensored is, yeah, it's uncensored ... the disadvantage, there's a low number of eroges in comparison to censored ones. In the end, I "watch" more censored ones because of the fact that many eroges are only uncensored. I don't have a problem at all with that.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
uncensored :cool:

if you prefer uncensored CGs then youve never played

(dont worry, I hid them so you didnt have to hurt your eyes if you didnt want to)

[spoiler=Games you should NOT play uncensored]Harem Party

http://i.imgur.com/Ickzkl6.png

Goshujinsama Daisuki

http://i.imgur.com/kVxF43U.png

http://i.imgur.com/dRMFdEA.png

http://i.imgur.com/htShfRW.png

Now thats not saying that ALL uncensored CGs are bad, its just that if you want uncensored just look at regular hentai pics/videos, you will get much better quality

http://i.imgur.com/t2QlTpp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/R4zgyP9.jpg

Nice, uncensored and ten times more fappable than something with arm/snake dicks.

Edited by Yachi
  • 10 months later...

If you are talking about the mosaic Japan does then i would like the scenes to be uncensored, i mean, if i had a choice. However i do not much mind it anymore. i remember it being somewhat annoying when i first saw the censoring that Japan does in their VNs to deal with their laws. It is not that bad though compared to what our countries translation companies do to the VNs.

i am grateful to get translated the ones that the companies will not touch without them being damaged.

If you are talking about the kind of censoring Hirameki International and Moenovel have done then definitely uncensored. Ripping the sex scenes out damages the story beyond repair and then you have to rewrite it and then you have ruined the story just so you can. No story like these eroge vns have should ever ever be damaged like that.

If you are talking about the kind of censoring Hirameki International and Moenovel have done then definitely uncensored. Ripping the sex scenes out damages the story beyond repair and then you have to rewrite it and then you have ruined the story just so you can. No story like these eroge vns have should ever ever be damaged like that.

all of my wut

just how does ripping out H scenes affect plot except in extreme rarity examples? (such as subahibi)

if you mean how moenovel ripped not only the H scenes but all mentioning of dirty jokes and sex innuendo dialogues off If My Heart Had Wings , then i fully agree , but definitely not on just H scenes , 98.9% of them consist only in fanservicing and they advance nothing to the plot.

^this.

Sometimes it's even weirder without mosaics. I've seen quite a few badly drawn dicks and pussies in localized VNs looking so deformed or growing from the thigh, you'd think they'd actually point it out in the middle of sex that they have some sort of condition.

I've seen quite a few badly drawn dicks and pussies in localized VNs looking so deformed or growing from the thigh, you'd think they'd actually point it out in the middle of sex that they have some sort of condition.

And that's pretty much the main reason why I prefer censored sex scenes because you can sinply imagine what's under the mosaics instead of looking at weird thingys which are supposed to be genitals. Of course there are some well drawn Hs but you can count them with one hand.

all of my wut

just how does ripping out H scenes affect plot except in extreme rarity examples? (such as subahibi)

if you mean how moenovel ripped not only the H scenes but all mentioning of dirty jokes and sex innuendo dialogues off If My Heart Had Wings , then i fully agree , but definitely not on just H scenes , 98.9% of them consist only in fanservicing and they advance nothing to the plot.

You are wrong.

It damages the story whenever you alter it, no matter how small the alteration is. Sure you could replace the sex scenes with other lovey dovey romantic scenes or just say things like "they made love by the candlelight" or "they had hot passionate sex" or they could replace the dirty jokes with something milder but it alters the story, it changes it, maybe you found a way so it does not affect the plot but still it is damaged, it is not the same story anymore.

Maybe you are a good storyteller or writer and you find a way to make the story hold the audience's attention and make it seem like the sex scenes and dirty jokes were never there.

It is not the same story, you have altered it to suit your desires for a story, you have damaged it. Do i believe every Visual Novel needs sex scenes? No. However you may as well have written your own story if you are going to rewrite it in places that you do not approve of on that level or maybe (i know this is a unheard of idea) but maybe you find an all-ages one you like and translate it correctly rather than alter/damage ones with sexual parts.

Edited by floral
You are wrong.

It damages the story whenever you alter it, no matter how small the alteration is. Sure you could replace the sex scenes with other lovey dovey romantic scenes or just say things like "they made love by the candlelight" or "they had hot passionate sex" or they could replace the dirty jokes with something milder but it alters the story, it changes it, maybe you found a way so it does not affect the plot but still it is damaged, it is not the same story anymore.

Maybe you are a good storyteller or writer and you find a way to make the story hold the audience's attention and make it seem like the sex scenes and dirty jokes were never there.

It is not the same story, you have altered it to suit your desires for a story, you have damaged it. Do i believe every Visual Novel needs sex scenes? No. However you may as well have written your own story if you are going to rewrite it in places that you do not approve of on that level or maybe (i know this is a unheard of idea) but maybe you find an all-ages one you like and translate it correctly rather than alter/damage ones with sexual parts.

how does it damage the story plot wise though? they had sex and thats pretty much it , unless they discuss plot or foreshadow stuff during h-scenes but thats pretty slim-to-none occasions. you are wrong when saying it "damages" the story in any way because it doesnt if only the H-scenes with "OOOOHHH AHHHHHH KIMOCHIIII IKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" are taken out.

• 1 year later...