MY LAPTOP JUST DIED!!!

Shit, I always knew that this day would come because my laptop is 8 years old and was running nearly every day so I shouldn't be that surprised but still, why now? =(

Edit: It seems that the MB died and dammit, buying a new one is not worth it. And thus I ordered a new laptop which is slightly better than my old one and again from HP and so I hope that I can put my old HD into the new laptop because I don't want to lose all of my delicious VNs and the like.

Edited by OneManArmy
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^^

you can buy those box thing that convert notebook HDD into external hardrive OMA.

I know and I actually have an "USB HDD adapater thingy collection deluxe pack" somewhere which would allow me to copy the data to my external HD and then back to me new laptop but it would be still easier if my old HD would fit into the new laptop. Oh well, we'll see.

Edit: I bought a "HP CQ58-345SG" for 289€

-Intel Pentium B960 Prozessor 2x 2.20 GHz

-4 GB PC3 RAM

-640 GB HDD

-Intel HD graphic card

Edit2: Fuck. Where's my totally legal W7 ultimate disc?

Edited by OneManArmy

So my internet suddenly got cut off 4 hours ago for unknown reasons. I was so angry I didn't want to do anything and just went to bed.

Then I had a nightmare about not having internet for a week, which woken me up.

And hey, the internet is back!

Guest loppez
So my internet suddenly got cut off 4 hours ago for unknown reasons. I was so angry I didn't want to do anything and just went to bed.

Then I had a nightmare about not having internet for a week, which woken me up.

And hey, the internet is back!

http://gifstumblr.com/images/omg-you-funny-no-_1485.gif

^ I had a HP CQ58-345SG running perfectly on Linux but my brother used it and walked against the door with the laptop...

Monitor fell off...!

Really? I've nothing but problems with that laptop because it needs a shitload of specific drivers before it wants to work properly. It didn't even have a driver for wlan. I'm still unable to change the brightness of the LCD (wtf?) and I can't use the standby mode.

On the bright side I was able to connect my old HDD to my new laptop which means that I just have to use something like clonezilla for moving everything to my new HDD.

You need to plug it in with the utp cable to download the drivers.

standby mode

The laptop probbably wont go into sleep because some drivers are not installed or interfering.

Go to >>> "ScreenSaver" >>> "Change Power Settings" >>> "Change Plan Settings" >>> "Change Advance Power Settings" >>> "Multimedia Settings" >>> "When Sharing Media" >>> and make sure the setting says "ALLOW THE COMPUTER TO SLEEP."

About the LCD i can't find anything specific for the HP CQ58.

Hope it helps :)

The laptop probbably wont go into sleep because some drivers are not installed or interfering.

Go to >>> "ScreenSaver" >>> "Change Power Settings" >>> "Change Plan Settings" >>> "Change Advance Power Settings" >>> "Multimedia Settings" >>> "When Sharing Media" >>> and make sure the setting says "ALLOW THE COMPUTER TO SLEEP."

Since I'm using my old HDD it's more than just likey that some old drivers are interfering albeit everything else is running without problems.

About the LCD i can't find anything specific for the HP CQ58.

I'm currently downloading a new driver for my graphic card and this will most likely solve my problem.

I'm currently downloading a new driver for my graphic card and this will most likely solve my problem.

And that driver solved all of my problems. I can finally adjust the brightness and for some reasons I'm also able to use that energy saver thingy whatever mode.

• 2 weeks later...

Spammers are everywhere you go, I fucking hate it when I'm playing tekken and they're using King and they spam grapple you like a bitch so you can't do jack about it. They throw you around like a rag doll and all you can do is watch. then they message me saying "oh, I beat your pussy ass" I just wanted to punch the kid in his face. Spamming shows your a weak bitch. get some skill.

• 4 weeks later...

Steam sucks. =(

Today Rome 2 Total War was finally released and I got the collectors edition two hours ago. You can't believe how happy I was. I installed the game and wanted to start it but then ... an update? And it's around 2GB which is totally impossible for me because I've a shitty internet connection. But hey, that's steam, people with slow internet are only second-rate. Oh and the offline mode is of course not working, like always. Fuck this shit. I bought the game so it's my god damn right to play it right? I'm fine with activating it via Steam but do I have to update it?

Just 10 more hours until I can play the game. Awesome.

Edit: Did I say 10 hours? I meant 20.

Edited by OneManArmy
Steam sucks. =(

Today Rome 2 Total War was finally released and I got the collectors edition two hours ago. You can't believe how happy I was. I installed the game and wanted to start it but then ... an update? And it's around 2GB which is totally impossible for me because I've a shitty internet connection. But hey, that's steam, people with slow internet are only second-rate. Oh and the offline mode is of course not working, like always. Fuck this shit. I bought the game so it's my god damn right to play it right? I'm fine with activating it via Steam but do I have to update it?

Just 10 more hours until I can play the game. Awesome.

Edit: Did I say 10 hours? I meant 20.

is your download speed set to ''No Limit'' in the steam settings?

• 1 month later...

I'm not really in a rage mode but today our 20 years old cat died. She was put to sleep because of some nasty tumors. I'll miss those times when she would come into my room, when she would purr when I was petting her and even when she would cry because she wanted something to eat. Now I'm sad. =(

I'm not really in a rage mode but today our 20 years old cat died. She was put to sleep because of some nasty tumors. I'll miss those times when she would come into my room, when she would purr when I was petting her and even when she would cry because she wanted something to eat. Now I'm sad. =(

Here's a loli Mashiro to cheer you up.

DHGBDM7.jpg

Edited by Rin

wait a sec...

you came here, wrote a post how sad you are, how much you miss your cat... only because some cat died? are you a girl?

" when she would purr " - this is so gay. for real wtf is wrong with you. wake up. stop being a pussy.

you play eroge, post how much you miss your cat...

now i can fully imagine how you look like:

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/23900000/Sad-Boy-emo-boys-23969673-621-944.jpg